E-mail to Friskies - Mad Cow

Old December 28th 03, 02:38 AM
Steve

Default E-mail to Friskies - Mad Cow

I sent this today, will keep you advised of what their answer is.

Due to the current Mad Cow problems in the United States, I am very
concerned about feeding my cat any cat food with beef or beef by-products in
it.

Can you please advise with verities of Friskies cat foods contain beef by
products and which do not.

Old December 28th 03, 03:06 AM
Cheryl

Steve wrote in on 27 Dec
2003:

I sent this today, will keep you advised of what their answer is.

Due to the current Mad Cow problems in the United States, I am very
concerned about feeding my cat any cat food with beef or beef
by-products in it.

Can you please advise with verities of Friskies cat foods contain beef
by products and which do not.

You should have mentioned "meat by-products" too. I have one that will
only eat Friskies so I am interested in the replies.

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Old December 28th 03, 06:29 AM
Alan Sandoval

I suppose if you are feeding your cats Friskies mad cow disease should be
the least of your worries. I've never, ever, seen quality dry cat food sold
in supermarkets. Do your companions a big favor and check with your vet for
a quality dry food appropriate for them.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Steve wrote in on 27 Dec
2003:

Old December 28th 03, 06:29 AM
Alan Sandoval

I suppose if you are feeding your cats Friskies mad cow disease should be
the least of your worries. I've never, ever, seen quality dry cat food sold
in supermarkets. Do your companions a big favor and check with your vet for
a quality dry food appropriate for them.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Steve wrote in on 27 Dec
2003:

Old December 28th 03, 01:51 PM
Liz

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I sent this today, will keep you advised of what their answer is.

Due to the current Mad Cow problems in the United States, I am very
concerned about feeding my cat any cat food with beef or beef by-products in
it.

Can you please advise with verities of Friskies cat foods contain beef by
products and which do not.

The only things I know about mad cow disease is what I saw on TV and
if I remember correctly, livestock acquires the disease through the
addition of bones (for calcium) to their commercial food. Therefore,
you might also want to ask about foods containing beef bone, bone
meal, or bone powder. If I also remember correctly, mad cow disease is
caused by a protein and processing does not destroy this protein.

Old December 28th 03, 02:09 PM
Liz

The following site was written before mad cow disease appeared in the
USA but it has very good info about the disease, transmission, and
species with similar disease (same pathogen?).

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/lpa/issues...-overview.html