Sammy's new job

Old November 30th 03, 02:39 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Sammy's new job

I used to be something of a coffee snob. Not over the top, but I've
always enjoyed fresh ground beans, and have a expresso machine. Once I
started the landscaping business, I've really cut back on caffeine, as
it doesn't mix well with our hot Oklahoma summers when working
outdoors. With the coming of cold weather, I broke out the expresso
machine the other day.

Sammy, as our local Head of the Water Dept., promptly took on the job
of supervising the use of the machine. She makes sure that the water
makes it down into the tank whenever I fill it, watching it being
poured in the back of the machine and makes it way down into the
see-through tank. Once the water is in, she watches for the light to
come on indicating that everything is ready.

My favorite is cappucino, so she has to supervice the frothing
process. She's none to sure about the noise, so she backs up and
stands under my arm, watching the froth rise up in the cup. At that
point she trusts me to finish making the coffee. Her job, so she's
been telling me, is to do a taste test of the milk before I spoil it
by adding the evil black liquid. The few times I let her have a taste
she's been disappointed that it was mainly bubbles, not, nearly as
good as the milk she gets from the Cherrios bowl. So far, she's still
insisting on the test, though, in hopes that someday I'll get it right
;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 30th 03, 04:12 AM
Victor Martinez

Steve Touchstone wrote:
good as the milk she gets from the Cherrios bowl. So far, she's still
insisting on the test, though, in hopes that someday I'll get it right

Sounds a lot like our Fez... he just can't resist anything that even
resembles something edible.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 30th 03, 10:39 AM
polonca12000

No wonder your coffee is so good - you have the best supervisor possible
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
I used to be something of a coffee snob. snip

Old November 30th 03, 03:32 PM
Stacey

"Steve Touchstone" wrote SNIP
Sammy, as our local Head of the Water Dept., promptly took on the job of

supervising the use of the machine. SNIP

Sid used to be our HotWD, but since his passing, the water situation in our
house can get downright sad. He used to warn us, LOUDLY, when the water was
out. Now the kitties just go without water when the slaves don't notice
right away that it's empty. Tell Sammy to beam some water supervising
instructions over to one of my cats, will ya?

Stacey

Old November 30th 03, 03:33 PM
Karen

in article ,
Brenda at wrote on 11/29/03 10:43 PM:

[...]

Wouldn't it be great if you could get her to do the whole thing though!
"Sammy, a double latte please."

Karen