$5.00 Reward to Cat Protector

Old April 18th 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

Default $5.00 Reward to Cat Protector

On 17 Apr 2007 08:58:18 -0700, Sherry wrote:

Ha! I've got you beat. I used to feed Meow Mix. Dry Meow Mix.
At least Friskies doesn't have screaming orange dye that never
comes out of the carpet. Try *wetting* some Meow Mix
sometime. It becomes, hell, I don't know WHAT it becomes. Something
weird and otherworldly. Then think about how that's what it looks like
*inside*
a cat's stomache.
Actually, it was when I first started reading cat newsgroups 12-13
years ago
my interest got piqued about the quality of cat food. Thanks
to the internet, actually. Back then, there really wasn't a way for me
learn about cat nutrition, except for asking the vet.
But, to be totally fair though, I have to admit the cats were healthy
eating MM. I believe
it's because they just had good moggie genes and were lucky.
And I'm not one of those people who *insist* your cat has to be fed
ultra-expensive food.
I just think people ought to feed the best they can afford.

Pretty similar story here. I grew up with the cats being fed Friskies.
I remember being insulted when a snobby pet shop clerk told me I was
killing my cats and they would never live past 10 years old. Fiona was
17 at the time and live almost 2 more years. So, it was easy to blow
it off as hype when our cats were doing just fine on the "garbage".

It wasn't until I tried a sammple of food for seniors that I decided
premium foods were worth a look. I am still in the middle. I feed
better food than I did, but the ultra spendy food.

I did try a sample of Eagle Pack canned today. Chase licked it for a
minute then waited for a can of Fancy Feast. Jay Jay didn't even lick
it. He pulled his head back and looked offended. He was actually
starting to leave the room by the time I quit laughing and got a can
of Fancy Feast out and served him something he would eat.

Jay Jay never ate canned food before the Fancy Feast. I remember being
harrassed on the list for not feeding him canned, but I he wouldn't
eat anything I served. It was only this past year that he started
checking out the plates after Kira on occasion and then showing up on
a regular basis.