OT Animal Precinct Hospital (Animal Planet Channel)

Old November 13th 05, 03:55 AM
cybercat

Default OT Animal Precinct Hospital (Animal Planet Channel)

Anybody else boo-hooing over Beanie the d*g?

I keep telling myself not to watch this show, but I always get sucked in.

At least two of Tasha's p*ppies made it, and Jack Daniels only had a
fracture instead of a worse break that needs surgery. His papa's tears over
leaving him were what got me started.

Old November 13th 05, 04:24 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:55:51 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

Anybody else boo-hooing over Beanie the d*g?

I keep telling myself not to watch this show, but I always get sucked in.

At least two of Tasha's p*ppies made it, and Jack Daniels only had a
fracture instead of a worse break that needs surgery. His papa's tears over
leaving him were what got me started.

I only watched Emergency Vet once... and they had a kitty who died
from anti-freeze poisoning, and a puppy who was run over by a car. I
bawled so much when they both died that I could never watch the show
again! Those poor poor poor little babies

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old November 13th 05, 04:39 AM
cybercat

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote:

I only watched Emergency Vet once... and they had a kitty who died
from anti-freeze poisoning, and a puppy who was run over by a car. I
bawled so much when they both died that I could never watch the show
again! Those poor poor poor little babies

Yep. You just never know what will happen. Tonight just after Beanie
died (he was a very old terrier who would not stop seizuring) they
rescued two German Shepherds who had been abandoned in a back
yard. One had a chain embedded deeply into his neck. As gruesome
as it was, it was also gratifying to see the chain removed, the wound
cleaned, and him all healed up and on his way to a new home.

I think I cannot resist these shows because I get to see the animals--
esp. babie animals. I am such a sucker for them. Also--it is GREAT to
see the state-of-the-art hospitals supported entirely by donations
in some of these cities. On the other hand, I just cannot believe
the humans who neglect these animals. One woman--fairly young,
not disabled, handed two young adult dogs that were in a room in
her apartment with a mattress thick with waste. Their nails were so
long they estimated that they had not been walked in months. Awful.
But sometimes the rescues are great, with a good outcome for
everyone.