Update on Kajikit and hurricane Wilma

Old October 25th 05, 01:38 AM

Default Update on Kajikit and hurricane Wilma

Karen asked me to let everyone know that they survived hurricane Wilma
with no ill effects. They were right in its path but Wilma passed over
so swiftly that there was very little flooding, although the road out
is impassible because of fallen trees and branches. The only damage to
their apartment is some leaking of the windows and a lot of fallen
palm trees. Thank goodness for the new roof!

They are currently without running water, electricity, cable and their
normal cellphone service. She had to use their emergency prepaid phone
to call me so could only talk for a few minutes. It is a good thing
they are well prepared with food and water for themselves and the
cats.

She will be back when she has access to the internet again.

Heather (a very relieved parent)

--
Heather
Old October 25th 05, 01:58 AM
Yoj

What a relief!

Thanks so much for letting us know, Heather.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old October 25th 05, 07:33 PM
Irulan

So glad to hear they survived well. No electricity is a real PITA! Heard
they are rushing around trying to get everything fixed. Tell them we are
praying for them.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 26th 05, 07:56 PM

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:17:02 GMT, "Charleen Welton"
wrote:

Thank you so much for getting the information to us. We are glad they
(people and cats) are all okay. We are in Central Florida and got some minor
damage, no one injured, nothing that can't be fixed. Hope that Alex goes up
the Atlantic where he won't bother anyone and that there are no other
hurricanes behind him!
Charleen

So glad to hear you are okay, too, Charleen. Minor damage is a pain,
too, but at least it's minor.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/