VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

Old March 6th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
fgdg

Default VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Old March 6th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
(PeteCresswell)

Per fgdg:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

That was sickening.

I'll never knock PETA again.
--
PeteCresswell
Old March 6th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Laura

This video is very graphic and very real.....

do not watch it if you have a weak stomach

Old March 6th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
oldhickory

Never kosher again and I'll certainly re-evaluate my diet. I have a bunch
of food allergies (including soy and some others, which makes it very hard
to be vegetarian) but this is...well...

I find it amazing that their undercover folks could stand to be there long
enough to get the footage......

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Old March 6th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
flick

"fgdg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

I am not going to watch the video, as I don't have a strong stomach these
days.

Temple Grandin, who is an expert in such matters, has written that kosher
slaughter, *done correctly,* is humane. It's difficult to do correctly,
though. There should be little pain and quick death.

If the video is VERY sickening, then probably it wasn't done right. PETA is
an expert at slanting their information so that you don't get the whole
story.

Besides, PETA kills animals:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

flick 100785
--
They also serve who only stand and wait. John Milton.

Old March 6th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Fred G. Mackey

fgdg wrote:
Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
meat industry.

Remember, PETA is the same group that tried to scare your children with
comic books which suggested that if you happened to fish that they
should be concerned that one day they might find Fido or Mittens on
their dinner plate.

I suspect that these examples were culled from thousands of kills and
even in these cases, the animals only suffered for mere seconds.

It's interesting because I was just talking to someone today who
believed that cutting the throat of an animal was more humane that
knocking them.

I'm not convinced that slitting the throat is quicker than a good knock.

It's probably just as well that I don't have the link handy, but I've
seen videos from a company that sells non-kosher killing equipment.

The standard method is to hit them in the head with a device which
essentially makes it "over" instantaneously.

I would think one of the worst jobs would be to operate this device on
cattle, killing hundreds of them daily in one swift, though
ergonomically-friendly, pull of the trigger.

Just remember this, if God (or god or Gaia or mother nature or whatever)
hadn't intended for us to eat animals, why did he (or she or it or
whatever) make them out of meat?
Old March 6th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Matthew

Anything that has PETA involved is suspect and needs to be questioned

Old March 6th 07, 07:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Arlette & Cocoa

Please stop cross posting this thread to alt.pets.rabbits thanks!

--
God Bless,
Arlette, Cocoa & Brownie in heaven (See us here)

Old March 6th 07, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
RosL

On Mar 6, 3:37 am, "flick" wrote:
"fgdg" wrote in message

ups.com...

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

I am not going to watch the video, as I don't have a strong stomach these
days.

Temple Grandin, who is an expert in such matters, has written that kosher
slaughter, *done correctly,* is humane. It's difficult to do correctly,
though. There should be little pain and quick death.

If the video is VERY sickening, then probably it wasn't done right. PETA is
an expert at slanting their information so that you don't get the whole
story.

Besides, PETA kills animals:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

flick 100785
--
They also serve who only stand and wait. John Milton.

PETA kills animals? Under what circumstances?

Ros

Old March 6th 07, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
RosL

On Mar 6, 3:37 am, "flick" wrote:
"fgdg" wrote in message

ups.com...

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

I am not going to watch the video, as I don't have a strong stomach these
days.

Temple Grandin, who is an expert in such matters, has written that kosher
slaughter, *done correctly,* is humane. It's difficult to do correctly,
though. There should be little pain and quick death.

If the video is VERY sickening, then probably it wasn't done right. PETA is
an expert at slanting their information so that you don't get the whole
story.

Besides, PETA kills animals:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

flick 100785
--
They also serve who only stand and wait. John Milton.

I won't be watching it. I am a vegetarian of 25+ years and won't
condone the slaughter of animals under any circumstances. What I
wanted to say though is that Halal is pretty similar to Kosher in its
procedures.

Ros

Cat video :) John Cat anecdotes 4 May 13th 06 10:21 PM
Cat video Mognusticat Cat anecdotes 1 June 16th 05 10:39 PM
Not sure what my cat's vet did was "kosher" or not - need help please. [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 25 June 3rd 05 12:57 AM
Asthma video Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 May 13th 05 05:56 PM
A cute video CATherine Cat anecdotes 0 May 6th 05 11:44 PM