Extra Talkative Today

Old February 10th 05, 11:03 PM
jmcquown

Default Extra Talkative Today

Persia is usually pretty chatty but today she's extra chatty. Every time I
walk past her she issues a soft little meow. If I stop to give her
scritches she mrrrphs and trills. If she's standing or sitting, as I walk
by she promptly falls over for belly rubs. If she's laying down, she
stretches out and tries to grab my ankle, mrrrrph! When I took a bath this
morning she supervised and made sure there were no greeblings. She licked
some of the water greeblings off my leg!

I love to talk to Persia and have her "talk back" but today she's being
extra chatty for some reason. Maybe it's because I had a fire in the
fireplace last night and she got to warm herself next to the dancing flames
She loves that! When I patted her last night she was all nice and warm
and purring up a storm.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old February 11th 05, 02:59 AM
Dan M

I love to talk to Persia and have her "talk back" but today she's being
extra chatty for some reason. Maybe it's because I had a fire in the
fireplace last night and she got to warm herself next to the dancing flames
She loves that! When I patted her last night she was all nice and warm
and purring up a storm.

Jill

Maybe it's something to do with the phase of the moon or something -
Harri was extraordinarily chatty today too.

We were running from just west of Reno to Las Vegas down US95, a lightly
travelled and desolate stretch of highway. We pulled over about 30 miles
north of Tonopah right at noon for a kitten walk. We had a great walk -
Harri had a wonderful time, found lots of lizard holes to sniff and sand
patches to roll in, and she told me all about it. She normally gives me
an occasional "mrrr-queak" while we're walking, but today she squeaked
at me at least once a minute, and we came to a particularly interesting
clump of bushes (which happened a dozen times or so) she would give 10
or 15 seconds of squeaking. A couple of times she gave me a
"mrrrr-queak-ooooooo" that lasted all of 10 seconds . It sounded like
she was trying to howl!
Old February 11th 05, 05:55 AM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
[...]

How sweet!! Gosh I love your kitten! Maybe in the desert she thinks she's
a little fox

Jill

Old February 11th 05, 05:57 AM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:59:55 -0800, Dan M wrote:

[...]

It sounds like she has some Siamese in her -- they are great talkers, as you probably know.
Old February 11th 05, 07:24 AM
jmcquown

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

Persia definitely has some Siamese in her. The vet said she's probably a
cross between a Blue and a Siamese. She was just more chatty today than
usual. I love her mrrphs and little (gentle) bites to get my attention, not
that she needs to do that. I always pay attention to my sweetie cat!

Jill

Old February 11th 05, 02:35 PM
Holly

My Pheniox (she is siamese) has been talking up a storm for the last 2
days, I was talking to my husband last night and I think she thought I
was talking to her because I would ask him something and before he
could answer, Pheniox would answer. I never laughed so hard at her in
all my life.

Old February 11th 05, 07:47 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:24:30 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

My Siamese (RB) had a dozen or more different sounds
, chirps and trills. TuTu seems to have one meow which means "feed me".

Old February 11th 05, 07:50 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:35:51 -0800, Holly wrote:

My Pheniox (she is siamese) has been talking up a storm for the last 2
days, I was talking to my husband last night and I think she thought I
was talking to her because I would ask him something and before he
could answer, Pheniox would answer. I never laughed so hard at her in
all my life.

That is a wonderful breed. I've been wondering how you pronounce her
name, as it has a different spelling than the usual . MLB