Good luck purrs please!

Old September 3rd 05, 03:12 PM
Helen Miles

Default Good luck purrs please!

For the last 3 months, I have been trying to find a teaching training
course to qualify for being a teacher in secondary science. Over the
last 2 weeks, I have sent my form to 5 different people at Swansea Uni
at various times and nothing got to the tutor concerned. Sigh

After much messing about, on Friday, I again phoned and then emailed
Swansea University and my CV/application was finally passed on to the
right person.

I've just had an email from Swansea University inviting me for interview
on Monday morning at 11.30am. GULP! It's for a reserve place on the PGCE
course to become a teacher, but the point is, the Biology tutor got my
email at 6pm last night, and she opened it this morning. She then
emailed me straight away to ask me for interview on Monday. Things may
just be looking up. They're certainly a step forward from yesterday. )

I've had to ask to have the interview at 12 noon as I have the most
important hockey practise in the years calendar at 8.30 on Monday as my
rec team is playing the Cardiff Devils for charity on Wednesday (these
guys, who ex NHL AHL and ECHL pro's, http://www.thecardiffdevils.com/)
and so I can't miss it as it's a final team practise....

Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Next week looks very scary!! GULP!

Thanks
Helen M

Old September 3rd 05, 03:26 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Will do, best of luck.

Who can ignore purrs from the 4 bits, not to mention all the "big"
kitties.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old September 3rd 05, 03:26 PM
lewe

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:13e9f6ea57003cf8afbe5af383477da8.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
[...]

best of luck with the interview and with the hockey!
Lena

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old September 3rd 05, 04:50 PM
Victor Martinez

Helen Miles wrote:
Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Lots and lots of purrs on the way! Keep us posted.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 3rd 05, 04:55 PM
Marina

Helen Miles wrote:

Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Lots of purrs and good-luck vibes on their way.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 3rd 05, 05:21 PM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Lots of good luck purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 3rd 05, 06:42 PM

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 14:12:53 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

[...]

Sending good luck purrs your way, Helen. Hope this is the one!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old September 3rd 05, 06:52 PM
Jeanette

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:13e9f6ea57003cf8afbe5af383477da8.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
..thecardiffdevils.com/)
and so I can't miss it as it's a final team practise....

Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Next week looks very scary!! GULP!

Thanks
Helen M

Good Luck Helen, not that you'll need it.

Jeanette

Old September 3rd 05, 09:49 PM
PatM

Whew! That could be a little tight to go from an early morning rowdy
hockey practice with the adrenilan pumping to a sedate interview at
noon. But that might be a real advantage too! I think you're going to
do just fine...your heart and attitude are certainly focused on both.

So, what's your team's name and what position do you play? It looks
like the Cardiff Devils are all male...is it usual for women to be
playing on a team against them? Just being nosey!!

PatM

Old September 3rd 05, 10:29 PM
Helen Miles

"PatM" wrote in message
oups.com

So, what's your team's name and what position do you play? It looks
like the Cardiff Devils are all male...is it usual for women to be
playing on a team against them? Just being nosey!! ///

We're called Eddy's Eagles, and it's a mixed rec team of friends who
started life as a beginners private puck chase once a week. The name
comes from the coach of the Devils, Ed Patterson - he was injured last
year and got into coaching the Cardiff Devils. As we know him well, we
asked him to start coaching us on a Monday morning. He duly did and we
moulded into a tight team. Basically, we just want to have fun. We'll
never make the NHL draft, hell, some of us can barely skate, but it's
fun.

I normally play right wing on the 3rd line. And nose away. ;o)

Helen M