[OT] Is it just me?

Old January 25th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Is it just me?

Caroline S. wrote:

I have a stash of bubble wrap in my office too.

When I worked at Apple, a bubble wrap windfall was the cause of
much excitement. Engineers would almost fight over the stuff.
We'd sit and pop it during meetings. It was considered a stress
management tool.

Joyce
Old January 25th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Anyone else here who is considered "middle aged" but, with the exception of
a few creaky bones, doesn't feel much different than when they were 20?

Well, you know that expression, "Inside every old person is a young
person wondering what the hell happened."

Joyce, 51 going on 20
Old January 25th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:36:42 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Caroline S. wrote:
I have a stash of bubble wrap in my office too.

Don't ever change.

DD and I had a wonderful morning last fall picking up acorns off the
ground, collecting them in a cup and then putting them out for the
squirrels. It was lovely, so simple. And last month, we had a blast
making footprints through the crusty snow that was left after a
snowfall. Kids keep us young, and the simple joys and pleasures do
too.

-Caroline S.

Anyone else here who is considered "middle aged" but, with the exception of
a few creaky bones, doesn't feel much different than when they were 20? I'm
that way. I look in the mirror and think hmmm, you are older so why don't
you feel older? But then again, my LLL asked me what the name "Jill" means.
It means light-hearted or young at heart. And that I am. Of course, he had
to morph it into "light-headed" but at least we can laugh at ourselves

Jill

I'm a little more (ok, a lot more) than middle aged, but, as you said,
other than a few creaky bones, I don't really feel any different than
I did at 20. Although, I do look in the mirror and wonder who that
old lady is looking back at me. Now if I could just remember why I
was looking in the mirror.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Old January 25th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Is it just me?

I know you are not the only one Yowie! My husband takes great delight in
driving through huge puddles! We all love popping bubble wrap, and as for
slurping milkshake, well it's just got to be done hasn't it?
We should all allow that inner joy to surface. Too often children are forced
into growing up too soon. With all the misery in the world i think your co
workers are the stupid ones. Enjoy yourself, to hell with the twits whose
only concern is how they look to others.

Sandra

"Yowie" wrote in message

Doesn't anyone understand the concept of good clean simple fun anymore?
Its not like popping bubble wrap means I have the mental capacity of a 5
year old, spalshing pauddles does't mean I am goign to throw a great
tantrum in a team meeting, and slurping the last of a milkshake means -
well - I like milkshakes? have I missed the boat somehow or do people
chose to be boring old farts voluntarily?

I may have to get older, but no-one can make me grow up! (so ner!)

Yowie

I think I need my purple hat now

Old January 25th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

more exciting than new computers was the different sizes
of bubble wrap that would accompany them. Little teeny bubbles. BIG
BUBBLES!

OOOOHH, the BIG BUBBLES!! Yes!!!

There must be some connection between our response to the bubbles in
bubble wrap and the *Bubbels* we can't stop playing.

Joyce
Old January 25th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in
:

A woman at work caught me popping and said scornfully "even my 12 year
old thinks thats childish".

Tell her she's probably dead, and should consider lying down.

Did you know that you can also pop bubble wrap by stomping on it?

Chak

--
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in
private and wash your hands afterwards.
Old January 25th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Chakolate" wrote in message
44.170...
"Yowie" wrote in
:

A woman at work caught me popping and said scornfully "even my 12 year
old thinks thats childish".

Tell her she's probably dead, and should consider lying down.

Did you know that you can also pop bubble wrap by stomping on it?

Oh yes indeedy. The really big fat bubbles are *wonderful* under a solid
steel cap boot :-)

Yowie

Old January 25th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

The haul was *incredible* Masses and masses, tens of *metres* of all sorts
of different bubble wrap, and it was all *mine*. snip
Doesn't anyone understand the concept of good clean simple fun anymore? Its
not like popping bubble wrap means I have the mental capacity of a 5 year
old, spalshing pauddles does't mean I am goign to throw a great tantrum in a
team meeting, and slurping the last of a milkshake means - well - I like
milkshakes? have I missed the boat somehow or do people chose to be boring
old farts voluntarily?

I may have to get older, but no-one can make me grow up! (so ner!)

Yowie

I think I need my purple hat now

There are not enough people like you, Vicky!
Purring and hoping there will be much more people like you really soon,
Polonca and Soncek