Update on 2Socks

Old February 5th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Update on 2Socks

If you all remember, the stray cat my son had that had stickers (grass
burrs) in her mouth & throat that I took to the vet. It turns out she
was a "lost cat". He lives across the street from the school, someone
saw her outside with him, and told the owner. She didn't live too far
away, but was an inside cat and I guess wandered and couldn't find her
way home.

He really balked at giving her up. The lady who owned her seemed
responsible, though, so I said, my gosh, let's not fight over a cat, I
know where you can get plenty of other cats.

So off we went to the shelter to pick out another cat. Which was a
treat for me, since I never actually got to pick out any of my own
cats. He got a nondescript thin tabby named "Bob". He spent a lot of
time in the cat room, and picked the cat who campaigned the
hardest.Bob really did. I was glad, because Bob wasn't really a
"pretty" cat and had been there a long time.

He's a great lap cat, he has that "dog'' personality that some of them
have.

The obvious thing to do would have been to give Bosley back. I took
Bosley back when he was truckdriving and never home. I just couldn't
do that though. Bozzy is so attached to me I think it would have
broken his little heart.

Sherry

Old February 5th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

its good you helped the first kitty and now another cat has a home,
everybody wins, I hope the owner was appreciative of what you both did, Lee
oups.com...

Old February 5th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Sherry" wrote

[...]

So glad to hear that the lost girl was reunited with her slave and that a
poor shelter tabby has a new lease on life. What a happy ending for all!

Old February 5th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

I don't think Boz would survive leaving you. I"ve never heard anyone say
they think a cat would marry you if he could. That's devotion. And now Bob
has a home. I take your son is at home more now? You should take pictures of
Bob. I love the description "The cat who campaigned the hardest"

oups.com...

Old February 5th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

I'm glad you found the owner of the little cat. I hope that the owner was
grateful.

And your trip to the shelter sounds like both your son and Bob won big. I
love to hear when kitties who have been there a long time find a home.
Congratulations to all of you!

Of course, pictures would make it complete :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

oups.com...

Old February 5th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

I'm so glad your son adopted this cat. Best wishes to you both, and to the
other lady and her cat!
oups.com...

Old February 5th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 5, 11:43?am, "Karen" wrote:
I don't think Boz would survive leaving you. I"ve never heard anyone say
they think a cat would marry you if he could. That's devotion. And now Bob
has a home. I take your son is at home more now? You should take pictures of
Bob. I love the description "The cat who campaigned the hardest"

Oh, Karen. It's absolutely unhealthy. Bosley not only has to be in the
same room with me, he has to have an unobstructed view so he can gaze
adoringly at me. If anybody gets in the way (DH does this, he thinks
it's funny)...Bosley will move so he can see me.

Sherry

Old February 5th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 5, 11:43?am, "Karen" wrote:
I don't think Boz would survive leaving you. I"ve never heard anyone say
they think a cat would marry you if he could. That's devotion. And now

Bob
has a home. I take your son is at home more now? You should take

pictures of
Bob. I love the description "The cat who campaigned the hardest"

Oh, Karen. It's absolutely unhealthy. Bosley not only has to be in the
same room with me, he has to have an unobstructed view so he can gaze
adoringly at me. If anybody gets in the way (DH does this, he thinks
it's funny)...Bosley will move so he can see me.

Sherry

I think that is hysterical. You guys should video it.

Old February 6th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

Oh, Karen. It's absolutely unhealthy. Bosley not only has to be in the
same room with me, he has to have an unobstructed view so he can gaze
adoringly at me. If anybody gets in the way (DH does this, he thinks
it's funny)...Bosley will move so he can see me.

Oh, to be loved like that! Actually, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want
to be adored so fixatedly by a human, although it would be very amusing
coming from a cat.

I agree with Karen - you should video this!

Joyce
Old February 6th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this is Stormmee and DH, he went to the bank today and she jumped on his
shoulder to go along, he told her it was too cold so she couldn't go... so
as soon as he closed the door, she jumped to the buffet to look out the
window, when the car got out of her sight, she turned and growled at me then
proceeded to try and throw up on the buffet, Lee
Sherry wrote in message
oups.com...