Does it get better?

Old September 4th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default Does it get better?

This afternoon I was downloading photos from my cameras and realised I
needed to format the memory card on my compact as I hadn't been
clearing it as I went along and it was starting to get packed (Not to
mention everytime I copies photos off I was copying the same ones then
having to delete them). There was one photo on there that was locked
so I couldn't clear it short of formatting the card- it;s been copied
a few times so I have it saved but as it was the last photo I took of
Dunzi (and it;s not even a good shot- I was filming Sarsi and Dunzi is
only viewed from behind as she was sitting in the way) and I burst
into tears as I did it- is this normal?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 4th 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/4/2011 1:05 PM, Lesley wrote:
This afternoon I was downloading photos from my cameras and realised I
needed to format the memory card on my compact as I hadn't been
clearing it as I went along and it was starting to get packed (Not to
mention everytime I copies photos off I was copying the same ones then
having to delete them). There was one photo on there that was locked
so I couldn't clear it short of formatting the card- it;s been copied
a few times so I have it saved but as it was the last photo I took of
Dunzi (and it;s not even a good shot- I was filming Sarsi and Dunzi is
only viewed from behind as she was sitting in the way) and I burst
into tears as I did it- is this normal?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Going by personal experience, yes. I still unexpectedly burst into
tears about Sammy. But with Bandit, gone 4 years now, it's only seldom
that I cry, I more often smile sadly.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 4th 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
This afternoon I was downloading photos from my cameras and realised I
needed to format the memory card on my compact as I hadn't been
clearing it as I went along and it was starting to get packed (Not to
mention everytime I copies photos off I was copying the same ones then
having to delete them). There was one photo on there that was locked
so I couldn't clear it short of formatting the card- it;s been copied
a few times so I have it saved but as it was the last photo I took of
Dunzi (and it;s not even a good shot- I was filming Sarsi and Dunzi is
only viewed from behind as she was sitting in the way) and I burst
into tears as I did it- is this normal?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I never delete the pictures off the card, they're so cheap now when the
card is full I just buy another.

--
Adrian
Old September 4th 11, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sep 4, 1:29*pm, Adrian wrote:

I never delete the pictures off the card, they're so cheap now when the
card is full I just buy another.

I use 8gb cards especially with my DSLR if I shoot in RAW it doesn't
hold much and a decent 8gb card is £25-£30

Old September 4th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 5/09/2011 4:05 AM, Lesley wrote:
This afternoon I was downloading photos from my cameras and realised I
needed to format the memory card on my compact as I hadn't been
clearing it as I went along and it was starting to get packed (Not to
mention everytime I copies photos off I was copying the same ones then
having to delete them). There was one photo on there that was locked
so I couldn't clear it short of formatting the card- it;s been copied
a few times so I have it saved but as it was the last photo I took of
Dunzi (and it;s not even a good shot- I was filming Sarsi and Dunzi is
only viewed from behind as she was sitting in the way) and I burst
into tears as I did it- is this normal?

Perfectly normal (or if not normal, you are in very good company)

Shmogg's been gone 4 years, and his favorite gooshy food was Whiska's
Chicken & Turkey in a can.

For whatever reason, up until now I've always fed Pickle & Suki out of
the pouches.

But I'm on a money saving drive, so instead of a box of mixed pouches
(at $1.19 per 100g) I went with a ox of mixed cans (at $0.39 per 100g).

The first two cans that came out of the box (I just stick my hand it
and grab one) were a fish one, and a casserole one. Didnt think anything
about it.

Last night, I grabbed a chicken and turkey one. Still didn't think
anything about it until I opened it and got a whiff of the contents.

And had a bit of a weep in the kitchen with two very hungry cats winding
vigourously around my feet chastising me loudly (or at least, as loud as
Pickle ever gets) for delaying their nomnoms. I therefore couldn't be
all sad and maudlin for long, but yes, I got caught by surprise and
cried for a 4 year old, thought to be healed, hole in my heart.

Yowie
Old September 4th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Sep 4, 1:29 pm, Adrian wrote:

I never delete the pictures off the card, they're so cheap now when
the
card is full I just buy another.

I use 8gb cards especially with my DSLR if I shoot in RAW it doesn't
hold much and a decent 8gb card is £25-£30

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

The last 8 gb card I bought was only £7
--
Adrian
Old September 4th 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sep 4, 2:26*pm, Adrian wrote:

The last 8 gb card I bought was only £7

Okay where did you get it from? £25 or so is the going rate around
here, which is why you keep 'em and I format 'em

Old September 5th 11, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
This afternoon I was downloading photos from my cameras and realised I
needed to format the memory card on my compact as I hadn't been
clearing it as I went along and it was starting to get packed (Not to
mention everytime I copies photos off I was copying the same ones then
having to delete them). There was one photo on there that was locked
so I couldn't clear it short of formatting the card- it;s been copied
a few times so I have it saved but as it was the last photo I took of
Dunzi (and it;s not even a good shot- I was filming Sarsi and Dunzi is
only viewed from behind as she was sitting in the way) and I burst
into tears as I did it- is this normal?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

It is completely normal. The good news is that moments like that will get
further and further apart.

(((((((Lesley)))))))

Joy

Old September 5th 11, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Sep 4, 2:26 pm, Adrian wrote:

The last 8 gb card I bought was only £7

Okay where did you get it from? £25 or so is the going rate around
here, which is why you keep 'em and I format 'em

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Morrison's supermarket.
--
Adrian
Old September 5th 11, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sep 5, 12:56*pm, Adrian wrote:

Morrison's supermarket.
--

There's one in Stratford- I shall have to take a look for them but I'd
probably still format the cards- all my photos are on my PC and