White discharge?

Old December 19th 03, 12:28 AM
Duncan

Default White discharge?

I have a 5 year old cat .. two days ago, I noticed a small drop of a white
substance discharging from my cat's rear end.

Today, I found a glop of the stuff on the floor. It's pure white, almost
like .. Elmers white glue ..

The cat seems fine, and frisky as usual. Any ideas what this is all about?

Old December 19th 03, 01:25 AM
Duncan

I think I should add a couple of items .. it's a male cat .. and the
substance had no odor whatsoever.

I guess I add that, since upon reading more, it might appear to be some sort
of anal duct impaction, but that says the substance would be foul smelling,
and this was not. .. There's been no vomiting, nor licking of the
rear-end. He seems completely normal, minus the white goop.

I think we'll check his temperature next, but at the moment, his ears feel
normal. (I've read that you can sort of know if a cat has a fever by
feeling the tips of their ears. We'll do a more scientific investigation
when we get up the courage.)

I'll call the vet tomorrow, of course. But am curious if anyone has any
ideas?

Old December 19th 03, 02:03 AM
Mary

I have a 5 year old cat .. two days ago, I noticed a small drop of a white
substance discharging from my cat's rear end.

It could be a worm from fleas. That will look like a tiny white drop. Watch
closer and you may see it moving like a worm. They move pretty slowly.

Old December 19th 03, 02:04 AM
Cathy Friedmann

That's an idea - worms. Does it look like a grain of rice?

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old December 19th 03, 02:04 AM
Duncan

Hmm .. well, I must say I didn't pay attention to it the first time I saw
it, when it was a small drop.

Today, though, there was a good .. half teaspoon of discharge. I looked at
it pretty carefully, and could not see any lumps, worms, fleas, or
whatever... again, it looked like elmers glue, totally white, and mildly
sticky.