Sacrifice of the pom-poms BW

Old August 14th 04, 09:53 PM
KellyH

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message

My dilemma is different. Wolfie has hid all the pom-poms, and I can't
for the life of me find any of them. Occasionally, one will
mysteriously appear, and then mysteriously disappear. Maybe he's
keeping the stash on the MotherShip, and transporting one down
occasionally when he feels like playing with it.

Ginger-lyn

I bet they are under the couch! When we moved, it was embarrassing the
number of toy mice that were under the couch. We have one cat at the
shelter, when it's his turn out for play, he takes all the toy mice and
places them under the bank of cages. Like he's putting them there for safe
keeping.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old August 14th 04, 09:57 PM
CatNipped

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
Cinders' favorite type of toy is a twist-tie from a bread wrapper
(for non-American newsgroup members who may be used to a different
type of fastener, this is a plastic-coated wire, about
finger-length). I can usually count on finding at least one, and
sometimes several, in her water dish. I haven't quite figured out
why she thinks they need repeated soaking.

Too crunchy??

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)

Old August 15th 04, 05:38 PM
SUQKRT

In article ,
(Ginger-lyn Summer) wrote:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:28:14 GMT, Bridget
wrote:

It has taken this stupid human 2.5 years to finally understand the
significance of a particular behavior of my youngest, also known as
Stripey Thing. From the time he was a kitten, before eating, he would

get a pom-pom, his favorite toy in the world (and still is) and put one

in the food bowl before he would start eating. Silly me, I thought he

was busy playing and just ran across the food bowl so that's where the

pom-pom got deposited. But recently, I have noticed he will actually

go
and pick up a pom-pom before visiting the food bowl with no play in
between. I can only come to the conclusion that this is a complex
sacrifice/worship process I do not understand. It leaves me guessing

as
to what God or Gods he may be worshipping. I intend closer observation

to discover if the size of the pom-pom is proportional to the size of

the meal eaten. Wish me luck on this endeavor.

I am now left with all sorts of ethical dilemma questions. Like, if he

has made these sacrifices of his toys, is it okay to add the toys back

to the original pom-pom collection as I have been doing (which numbers

in the upper hundreds) or do I need to put the sacrificed ones in a
special place? Are there special pom-poms that I need to furnish
Stripey Thing with just for his sacrifices? This is all very, very
complicated!!!

Bridget

lol! Boy, that is a dilemma!

My dilemma is different. Wolfie has hid all the pom-poms, and I can't
for the life of me find any of them. Occasionally, one will
mysteriously appear, and then mysteriously disappear. Maybe he's
keeping the stash on the MotherShip, and transporting one down
occasionally when he feels like playing with it.

Ginger-lyn

Spicey is like Wolfie, but with waterbottlecaps, somewhere in my apartment
is/are dozens of caps.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")