Back from hols

Old August 27th 04, 07:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Back from hols

Back from the holiday. Worst holiday *ever* - I learnt the French for fleas and
cockroaches - long story will do a full report when I catch my breath.

Waffles, Francis and Marble pleased to see their humans again, and we are to
see them. Loads of purrs and headrubs from Waffles on my return :-)

The holiday was ruined by the gite being *infested* with fleas and visiting
roaches. Vernon, Nathan and I got covered in bites. The gite owner was, well,
the terms I could use are indescribably rude. He was not French. The French
people we came across were *wonderful*. They were kind, generous, friendly,
trusting, warm and lovely open-hearted people. French motorists are great to
cyclists too. I'd certainly go back to Bordeaux and the surrounding area, but
not to a certain gite!

The cycling was good on the whole - even in the rain. Some of it too hilly for
me, but most was very pleasant. There are tarmac cycle trails in Bordeaux which
Sustrans could learn a thing or two from - the trails followed the lines of
disused railway tracks which have been converted into cycle trails.

I discovered the joys of Lipton Ice Tea (peach flavour) as an effective rocket
fuel for my cycling. Much better than isotonic stuff for me - it kept me going
on a full 70km on a bike loaded with full rear panniers, full big saddlebag and
barbag. At the end, whilst tired, I wasn't exhausted, which was a very pleasant
surprise for me.

Off to catch-up on post holiday laundry…

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old August 27th 04, 07:56 PM
Nan

On 27 Aug 2004 18:33:09 GMT, omcom
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

[...]

Welcome back. We missed you. It's too bad about the rude person who
owned the place and the fleas and cockroaches. Yuck!
--

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.

Old August 27th 04, 08:20 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Welcome back. We missed you. It's too bad about the rude person who
owned the place and the fleas and cockroaches. Yuck!

Thanks Nan. At least we didn't bring any nasties back to the UK - I made *sure*
of that! Mucho spraying of humans, clothing & luggage with large quantities of
insect-killing stuff. Unlike I have to do with the cats, I did not have to
scruff Nathan, Vernon or myself by the neck in order to do the spraying ;-)

I am *personally* flea-free, tick-free etc, etc, for several months at least
after my spraying of self...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old August 27th 04, 10:15 PM
polonca12000

Sorry to hear your holidays weren't the way you planned them to be.
Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Back from the holiday. Worst holiday *ever* - I learnt the French for

fleas and
cockroaches - long story will do a full report when I catch my breath.

snip

Old August 28th 04, 06:06 AM
Marina

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
Back from the holiday. Worst holiday *ever* - I learnt the French for

fleas and
cockroaches - long story will do a full report when I catch my breath.

Waffles, Francis and Marble pleased to see their humans again, and we are

see them. Loads of purrs and headrubs from Waffles on my return :-)

Welcome home, Helen. Sorry about all the troubles on your holiday. Hope the
cycling and the wine was worth it, though. Frank says it's *about time* his
lady love's secretary is back!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki