A few purrs for my Beauregard

Old August 29th 04, 01:53 PM
Singh

Recovery purrs headed your way!

Blessed be,

Baha

lal wrote:

Greetings...

My Beauregard is having a rough month. First he got horrible acne on
his chin. Turn out he is allergic to the dry food my friend had given
me. And of course, I had mixed in the new food into the food bin with
the rest of the food. So Beau now has his own 20 lb. bag of food.
Keeping him from pushing in on his brother & sister's food bowls is
quite difficult though. That was 2 TED visits. But all's better.

EXCEPT... now for the past 3 days, he's been sneezing his little gray
head off. The stuff coming out of his nose is clear and I've been
super-paranoid making sure he's eating and drinking normally. He is
more lethargic (I know, how can we tell the difference :} ) and the
first couple days I think he had a light fever as his nose was warm and
his paws felt super-warm when he layed on me. However, he's not to a
point where I want to drag him to TED for the 3rd time this month.

So, if you could spare a few healing purrs, Beauregard and I would
appreciate it. I'm being a worry-wart Meowmie, but hey, that's my job.

Also, does anyone have suggestion on how I might make him feel better?
As I understand it, it's like the common cold. You just have to let it
take its course, unless he stops eating/drinking. He just looks so sad
when he goes into a sneezing fit.

Thanx!
lal

Old August 29th 04, 02:16 PM
JBHajos

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:51:07 -0400, lal
wrote:

So, if you could spare a few healing purrs, Beauregard and I would
appreciate it. I'm being a worry-wart Meowmie, but hey, that's my job.

Healing purrs for Beauregard. Our Hobo gets sneezing fits too.
The vet gave him antibiotics which made Hobo barf up a storm every
time he took a pill. So much for *that* idea!! Now we just let it go
away on its own and in a day or two, the sneezing disappears.

Jeanne

Old August 29th 04, 02:41 PM
KellyH

Purrs for Beauregard coming your way. You could try adding some L-Lysine to
his food, it helps boost the immune system. He could even be sneezing from
pollen. The pollen count here has been way high, and the ragweed is out
early.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old August 29th 04, 03:37 PM
Adrian

lal wrote:
Greetings...

My Beauregard is having a rough month.

Healing purrs for Beauregard.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 29th 04, 03:37 PM
Adrian

Old August 29th 04, 05:39 PM
Victor Martinez

You could take his temperature yourself to save a trip to TED in case
there's no fever. Just don't use a mercury thermometer, use one of those
flexible electronic ones. They're very cheap nowadays.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he