The Toes Report... sum sad noos, we're afraid... :-(

Old December 8th 05, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default The Toes Report... sum sad noos, we're afraid... :-(

Dear Ms Panda, our mom is trying not to think while she writes this at
work. It is hard to disguise tears. A LONG time ago, she was mother
to Turk II, a fine black and white cat. In 1985, he got the squamous
cell cancer also. We will purr extremely hard for you and send
thoughts to Turk to be on the lookout when it is time. We hope you
have as lovely a holiday as possible. With purrs & love, The Cooper
Cats.

Adam wrote:
Thanks for all the purrs & warm thoughts. Keep 'em coming that we stay
comfortable for as long as we can, hopefully I'll have my girl through
the holidays at least.

Johanna, fur de Four-might-soon-be-a-Threesome again.

Ohdeer. Dis is horribul news. I send my girthiest purrs dat Panda haz
a long an comfurtible tyme left.

PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr

Allegra
==========
How many toes?

Louise

Old December 8th 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Thanks for all the purrs & warm thoughts. Keep 'em coming that we stay
comfortable for as long as we can, hopefully I'll have my girl through
the holidays at least.

Johanna, fur de Four-might-soon-be-a-Threesome again.

Our very best purrs for a loving and peaceful holiday to remember for
all of you. And for a comfortable transition to come.

Mia, Callie, Camille, Mac & Meowmie Eileen

Old December 8th 05, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Deer Anti Johanna an Ms. Panda, mommy an me iz so furry sorry tu heer
dis. Iz jist a babykat but mommy hab knowed Panda-ov-toes fur a furry
long tyme. Iz purrin furry hard fur Panda tu hab a lot ov gud tyme left
an tu njoy da hollydayz.

Tess, sadsad kitten

Old December 8th 05, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Anti Johanna, Me anna Meowmie iz so sorry to heer dis news. I iz purrin
hard fur Panda anna youze and Meowmie iz invokin Bast and sending her
bestest energy to you all.

Very sad elderly tuxie once again assumes the position and purrs from hiz
whole heart
Boogie
"FurrsomeFoursome" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, all our kitty-friends;

Panda's not up to writing right now - or I guess rather, Panda is
eating and I'm not up to translating properly.

TED Bonnie just made a housecall to bring over more pain patches and
shave another spot to put them on my poor Panda-girl. Late yesterday,
the pathology on her second dental/jaw surgery came back - and it's
pretty final. My Toesey-lady has squamous cell carcinoma in her jaw,
that has already invaded bone and soft tissue. Our vet consulted a
surgeon before even telling me, but for surgery to have a chance of
success I think the cancer has to be non-metastasized (it is) but also
non-invasive, localized to one type of tissue or something (which it
isn't). This one has progressed too rapidly, in only a few weeks. So
there isn't anything more we can do that wouldn't be just putting her
through more pain to get only a little more time.

For now, she's in good spirits and we have narcotic patches to last a
while. She's actually eating OK, albeit messily, climbing her cat tree
and purring all night on the bed. She's a perfectly healthy cat with a
sore mouth just now. I'm hoping since her last surgery is still
healing and she now has pain and infection management happening, that
she'll gain a bit of comfort in the coming weeks before anything
deteriorates more.

I'm off to the store to buy lots of small tins of Whiskas and Fancy
feast and stuff, because Her Ladyship has decided she likes the moist
foods, but of course if I opened it yesterday it is no longer fresh
enough. So the other 3/4-some gets to be clean-up crew every time Her
Toes eats a quarter can of A/D right now. Kinda pricey, and messy when
the barfers decide to return it on the carpet.

Old December 8th 05, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Psst... Louise: 23 Toes on myownself. So de foursome always had 77.

Panda ov 23 Toeses.

Old December 9th 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Psst... Louise: 23 Toes on myownself. So de foursome always had 77.

Panda ov 23 Toeses.

Howzat? 7,6,5,5?

Louise of 18 toeses
Old December 10th 05, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Yew gots it. 7 on the left frunt (I'm a southpaw), 6 on de rite, 5 and
5 for xtra traction on de reer-wheel-drive.

Panda ov Still got 'em all Toes!

Old December 10th 05, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Not at all the news we were hoping to hear. I'm so sorry, Johanna,
Panda's been one of those personalities around here I've always
enjoyed hearing from. We'll miss her a lot.

Whatever it is that sends them on their journey is *never* easy on us,
but you have some precious time to coddle Her Toeness, and I'm
certain you'll both make the very most of that time. Purrrrrrrrrs and
Bast's blessings on her dear little head.

Melissa

[Two brown tabbies, a brown and white, a grey, a tortoiseshell, and a
solid white all gather solemly in a loose circle]

Wee ar purrrrrrrrrin Panda ov Toes as much comfurrt an healff as
possibull fur aslong as possibull. Yu'ze bin a gud frend an troo.

Mietze, Buster Badseed, Neko, Norville, Ella, and Azad
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old December 10th 05, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Thanks again, everyone.

We changed her pain patch earlier today (she has two, and I change them
alternately, so she gets a new one every 3 days but we max out the old
one). She's eaten most of a small tin of food, keeps climbing up
looking for cuddles and wants more to eat and more hugs. It's not time
yet.

Our guy-human is home from travelling last week and will be doing more
pictures before she goes (he's a pretty good photog) and looking after
her as *I* have a short business trip this coming week - which I'd
rather not go on but it's hard to convince a corporate employer I
should stay home to spoil my sick kitty :-( . My vet is luckily
REALLY big on pain control and will keep her well-patched, so to speak,
as long as that keeps her normal and happy.

So, we'll see. At the moment, she's purring for herself and all the
rest of us too, so we'll be here for a bit.

Johanna, Panda and the gang.