[TW] He's gone

Old October 12th 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default [TW] He's gone

Yowie wrote:

The main bedroom, lounge, dining room and kitchen are all reasonably lined
up, so Shmoggleberry could run full speed from one to the other. He can
really get up some speed! (Since the flat was small, he couldn't really get
a decent run without having to make some very sharp, speed reducing, turns)
The Kitchen has a lino floor, and since it was winter when I moved, I put
some small mats down in the kitchen so I didn't get cold feet. He very
quickly discovered that if he got some speed up and then jumped onto the mat
at the start of the kitchen, his momentum would allow him to "surf" across
the lino, using the mat as a board.

This gives new meaning to the phrase "the cat sat on the mat".

How old was he when he did this?

Great story - I missed it the first time (since I joined this ng in
late 1999).

Joyce
Old October 12th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

[...]

Oh goodness, ages ago - 5 houses/flats ago. It was '96 or '97, so that made
him 5 or 6 give or take.

Great story - I missed it the first time (since I joined this ng in
late 1999).

I should gather them together in a book and donate the proceeds to the
RSPCA. I'm waiting for hte 'round tuit' for that, though.

Yowie

Old October 12th 07, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Ann" wrote in message
I'm so sorry to hear about Shmogg. Purrs and hugs for you and your family.
How is Carry doing?

The Yowlet really hasn't said anything - he's been a bit harder to wrangle
than usual, perhaps thats because of Shmogg, perhaps its just a coincidence,
or perhaps its simply because I'm feeling emotionally drained and don't have
as much patience as I usually do.

The one thing I am really thankful for is digital cameras - we have lots and
lots of photos of Shmogg. If he does ask, we have photos to show him, even a
photo or two of him & Shmogg together.

This earring (see other thread 'Perhaps I'm Mad') has really helped me not
feel so damn empty, I think if I get some time I'll be able to write again
now.

Yowie

Old October 12th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
Yowie wrote:
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Vicky, Joel, Cary & Fluffy }}}}}}}}}}}}
It's so hard to say goodbye. tears

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=shmog

Thankyou, Adrian.

Yowie

Old October 12th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default He's gone

On 11 Oct, 03:49, "Yowie" wrote:
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

I'm late to this as I've been offline. But please know that he & you
and his grieving family are in our thoughts and prayers. We'll light a
candle for his journey.

Helen M (in tears)

Old October 12th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8

[[boomba, boomba, boomba (sound of cat hurtling through empty house,
approaching speed of light), sweeeeeeeeeee..... (sound of mat sliding on
lino) ....THUNK (sound of insane fluffy projectile being suddenly stopped
by unforgiving wall).]]

OK, now I\'m both crying AND laughing. Harmony (RB) once tobogganed off a
stack of newspapers repeatedly, until the \"stack\" was level with the
floor and its contents were spread over the entire front of the living
room. She and Shmogg can have sled races, to determine the merits of
sliding on floor mats vs. sliding on sheets of newspaper. ;o)

Thanks for sharing.

Donna, still with MMS but smiling at kitty antics, too

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutpets.com/group/r...ats.anecdotes/
More information at http://www.talkaboutpets.com/faq.html

Old October 13th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 11 Oct, 03:49, "Yowie" wrote:
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

I'm late to this as I've been offline. But please know that he & you
and his grieving family are in our thoughts and prayers. We'll light a
candle for his journey.

Helen M (in tears)

I am so sorry, I have only just seen this. I know how much you loved him
and how sad you must be. We will all have him in our memories because of
the wonderful stories you told us about him.

Bev

(((Yowie))) many hugs and purrs

Old October 13th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David

"Yowie" wrote in message
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

I'm so very, very sorry. I've been following Shmogg's adventures for years
now; he was a wonderful cat.

There's never enough time with them.

I wish you peace and healing.

David

Old October 13th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Yowie wrote:
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

So sorry, Yowie. Our thoughts are with you. The Old ******* (yes, that's
a compliment in this part of the world) will be sorely missed.
Old October 13th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On 11 Oct, 03:49, "Yowie" wrote:
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

You gave Shmogg the final gift, like the loving catslave you've always
been. He'll be missed by so many people who read this group.

(((Yowie)))