Baby, baby don't get hooked on me

Old April 7th 04, 09:18 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default Baby, baby don't get hooked on me

Well, this is another one I've never seen, and it sure wasn't funny at
the time, but now that all is well, it was, well, a wild one!

I'm getting ready to feed the critters their second meal of the day.
Now, most of the time, they gather around me, and there is quite a bit
of half-hearted *smack-smack* going on, as they do their little "I'm a
bigger cat than you are" thing. It's normally quite harmless;
sometimes, they barely extend a lazy paw in another cat's direction,
without making any actual contact.

However, the other day was a different story.

I looked over, and Cosmo (who is such a hellion about claw-trimming,
that I have to resort to having the vet's office do it, since he turns
into a 50-foot terrifying black-and-white furry monster when I try to
do it), had somehow managed to connect with Internet. And I mean
*connect*. His claw was *stuck* in Internet's mouth! Now, Internet
has no teeth. So nothing blocked Cosmo's sharp claw as it made it
into Internet's gum.

I screamed at DH and ran towards them. DH came running. Cosmo and
Internet started running, still attached. All five of the other cats
started freaking out, and running like a herd of water buffalo through
the dining room and living room, knocking over anything in their path,
as Cosmo and Internet started rolling over in bizarre ways, trying to
get unstuck.

Finally, the Siamese cats were once more two separate cats! Except
for some blood in Internet's mouth, everyone was fine, and Internet
seemed more interested in eating than in any sympathy. He'll be on
antibiotics for a week, but he's fine, and so is Cosmo.

DH and I sat on the couch taking a lot of deep breaths for quite
awhile.

And of course, it was a Full Moon.

Ginger-lyn

Old April 7th 04, 09:39 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Ginger-lyn Summer at
wrote on 4/7/04 3:18 PM:

[...]

Egad. I would have had a heart attack! Glad all is well now.

Karen

Old April 7th 04, 10:39 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:18:33 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) wrote:

[...]

Scarey, glad everything turned out ok, but I would have freaked.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 7th 04, 10:42 PM
Hopitus2

ROFL but poor Internet! That's why when Rowdy annoys the "girls" it makes me
nervous, as sometimes they lay his nose leather open with their claws (he
came here declawed front paws) when he wants to "play" and they don't. As
yet, we don't have anybody here w/o teeth except a few of the hoomins, and
with his 19# and biting habits, Rowdy throws his weight around anyway, claws
or not, so the girls pretty much run from him. Sometimes he reminds me of a
big cartoon duck wearing a diaper (was his name "Baby Huey"?) who kept
wanting to play with characters who wanted no part of him.

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
: in article , Ginger-lyn Summer at
:
:

Old April 8th 04, 03:49 AM
Marina

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote
snippety

Finally, the Siamese cats were once more two separate cats! Except
for some blood in Internet's mouth, everyone was fine, and Internet
seemed more interested in eating than in any sympathy. He'll be on
antibiotics for a week, but he's fine, and so is Cosmo.

DH and I sat on the couch taking a lot of deep breaths for quite
awhile.

And of course, it was a Full Moon.

What a commotion! Glad everyone is OK. Purrs to all involved, not least you
and DH.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 8th 04, 04:32 AM
Christine Burel

Aaack, what an adrenaline surge you and the kitties must've had! Purrs for
Internet's mouth to heal without incident and for you and DH's nerves to
recover!
Christine