THIS KIND OF STUFF HAS GOT TO STOP IN OUR COUNTRY

Old November 10th 05, 11:14 AM
Dave Gerecke

Default THIS KIND OF STUFF HAS GOT TO STOP IN OUR COUNTRY

THIS KIND OF STUFF HAS GOT TO STOP IN OUR COUNTRY

We Must Stop This Immediately!

Have you noticed that Stairs are getting steeper. Groceries are
heavier. And, everything is farther awa y.. Yesterday I walked to the
corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had
become!

And, you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young
ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak
up they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same
silent message until they're red in the face! What do they think I am,
a lip reader?

I also think they are much younger than I was at the same age. On the
other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into
an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't
even recognize me.

I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this
morning, and in doing so, I glanced at my own refection.........Well,
REALLY NOW-even mirrors are not made the way they used to be!

Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! You're risking life
and limb if you happen to pull onto the freeway in front of them.. All
I can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast, the way I see
them screech and swerve in my rear view mirror.

Clothing manufacturers are less civilized these days. Why else would
they suddenly start labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20? Do
they think no one notices that these things no longer fit around the
waist, hips, thighs, and bosom?

The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank, but in
reverse. Do they think I actually "believe" the number I see on that
dial? HA! I would never let myself weigh that much! Just who do
these people think they're fooling?

I'd like to call up someone in authority to report what's going on --
but the telephone company is in on the conspiracy too: they've printed
the phone books in such small type that no one could ever find a number
in here!

All I can do is pass along this warning: We are under attack! Unless
something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone will have to suffer
these awful indignities.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO WE CAN
GET THIS CONSPIRACY STOPPED!

PS: I am sending this to you in a larger font size, because something
has caused my computer's fonts to be smaller than they once were.
Old November 10th 05, 01:06 PM
KittyLady

LOL Dave! That was great, I am so glad you have started posting here!
Skritches,
KittyLady owned by Harvey and Bob Marley

Old November 10th 05, 06:01 PM
No More Retail

Dave welcome to the wonderful world of OLD AGE ;-)

Old November 10th 05, 07:20 PM

Oh, dear, I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Welcome back, Dave :-)

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 10th 05, 08:51 PM
Nan

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:14:44 +1100, Dave Gerecke
wrote:

[...]

ROFLOL

It's really strange when I look in a mirror and see this little old
gray haired woman staring back at me. I wonder who she is.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.

Old November 11th 05, 04:26 AM
Marina

Dave Gerecke wrote:
THIS KIND OF STUFF HAS GOT TO STOP IN OUR COUNTRY

LOL! I'm so glad you're back, Dave!

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 11th 05, 10:03 PM

Outrageous!
Thanks for the laugh, Dave!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Dave Gerecke wrote:
THIS KIND OF STUFF HAS GOT TO STOP IN OUR COUNTRY

We Must Stop This Immediately!

Have you noticed that Stairs are getting steeper. Groceries are
heavier. And, everything is farther awa y.. Yesterday I walked to the
corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had
become!

snip

Old November 12th 05, 03:18 AM
Pamela Shirk

"Nan" wrote in message

ROFLOL

It's really strange when I look in a mirror and see this little old
gray haired woman staring back at me. I wonder who she is.

I discovered about five years ago that there is such a thing as female
pattern baldness. I'd rather go gray.

Pam S. who is totally pleased to see Dave G. back again. Dave, I really
missed you.

Old November 12th 05, 09:22 AM
Dave Gerecke

In article et,
Pamela Shirk wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message

ROFLOL

It's really strange when I look in a mirror and see this little old
gray haired woman staring back at me. I wonder who she is.

I discovered about five years ago that there is such a thing as female
pattern baldness. I'd rather go gray.

Pam S. who is totally pleased to see Dave G. back again. Dave, I really
missed you.

How are you doing?
will have Yahoo messgenger going tomorrow morning - your afternoon
dave