Laundry day at the Singhs

Old October 20th 04, 05:52 AM
Singh

Default Laundry day at the Singhs

and so Louie brings up nice, fresh sheets, warm from the dryer, ready to
spread and fit upon the futon we use for a bed, because we've been
married only 2 years and can't afford jack...

"Dear, what on earth is that lump under the sheet?"
"It would appear to be a cat, dear."
"Which one?"

Have you ever seen the Tom and Jerry cartoons where Jerry is running and
trying to sneak out under a rug, and you see a little lump moving? Now
imagine that lump the size of a rather large meatloaf, moving like Jaws
in the direction of Louie's bare feet. From the yowl that came from my
husband, we figured correctly that it was Stosh, who had seen the
opportunity for an ambush and took it while he could.

We could not get him out of that sheet to save our skins. He rolled and
wrestled in it, wrapping it around himself several times, muttering
low-level vulgarities at the treacherous laundry that now turned on him.
When he was finally through, he looked like a little cocoon; and when he
emerged from one end of the roll, our plump Stosh looked more like a
serving of pigs-in-blankets.

We can no longer do laundry without Stosh there waiting for an
opportunity to play Sheet, otherwise known as Solo Sumo. Last night it
was like a covert operation, changing the sheets whithout attracting
Stosh, who is drawn to the sound like moths to flame. We'd never made
that bed so fast. Not bad for a couple of compulsive slobs.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 20th 04, 06:17 AM
Mary

Last night it
was like a covert operation, changing the sheets whithout attracting
Stosh, who is drawn to the sound like moths to flame. We'd never made
that bed so fast. Not bad for a couple of compulsive slobs.

Blessed be,
Baha

I had a cat who loved to do the same thing. His name was Lucky. He died in the
LA riots due to veterinary misscommunication. Reading that story made me miss
him all over again :.) He also loved to run to the edge of the bed, I'd pick
him up and toss him a few feet in the air and he'd land back on the bed. He'd
run back to the edge to be tossed again. Then we'd play mock wrestlmania. This
was in the 80's. You had to be there. He also loved to get deep under the
covers and sleep next to my feet on cold winter nights.

Old October 20th 04, 06:53 AM
Dan M

We can no longer do laundry without Stosh there waiting for an
opportunity to play Sheet, otherwise known as Solo Sumo. Last night it
was like a covert operation, changing the sheets whithout attracting
Stosh, who is drawn to the sound like moths to flame. We'd never made
that bed so fast. Not bad for a couple of compulsive slobs.

Blessed be,
Baha

I think Amelia learned from the same book that Stosh did. I can get the
fitted sheet in place with out a problem (usually), but as soon as I
fluff out the top sheet, it comes down with a great big kitty lump in
the middle.

If I pet the kitty lump it meows loudly. If I tickle the sheet in front
of it, it plays with my fingers. We play for a few minutes, then I pull
the sheet down just enough to uncover her head, and she dashes off for a
new play area.

Old October 20th 04, 08:24 AM
O J

On Wed, 20 Oct, Baha wrote:

and so Louie brings up nice, fresh sheets, warm from the dryer, ready to
spread and fit upon the futon we use for a bed, because we've been
married only 2 years and can't afford jack...

"Dear, what on earth is that lump under the sheet?"
"It would appear to be a cat, dear."
"Which one?"

---------------------snip----------------------

My Smokey loves to help make the bed. He gets up on the mattress pad
under the fitted sheet and while it's being tucked in at one end, he
will dive into one of the already fitted corners and tear it loose at
the other. DH has to go around the bed a few times to get things
done. Once Smokey hears the sound of sheets being shaken out, he'll
wait a few moments and then enter the bedroom at full speed and make
his corner dive.

DH actually enjoys this game and refuses my offers of help.

Regards and Purrs,
O J