Crazy kitties (long)

Old August 19th 04, 06:45 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Crazy kitties (long)

The weather forecast is saying 100% chance of rain here in SW
Oklahoma. I decided to take the day off and not even go pick up the
landscaping equipment trailer. Guess it's just as well, since I need
to do some laundry, tidy up the apartment a little, and watch the USA
men's basketball game this morning.

Woke up this morning and started to make the bed. Gave up - Rocky
decided he wanted to sleep in and Sammy hopped up on the bed as soon
as I got up. I went in to the living room and found LB watching the
big screen cat TV - it was an action flickwith lots of birdies at the
feeders. Dressed LB in her collar and let her out. Don't worry about,
the birdies, LB holds the title of the neghborhood's worst hunter.

Started some coffee and went back to the bedroom to get the vacuum.
Earned me a dirty look from Rocky and put Sammy on high alert. I
decided to start in the living room. Sammy followed me into the living
room - any time the suck monster is being used she has to supervise to
make sure all her toys stay safe. I vacuumed the living room with
Sammy keeping an eagle eye on the vacuum, while LB laid on the patio
and watched the birds, and Rocky tried to sleep in.

When I finished the living room, I saw that Rocky had given up on
sleeping in and was glaring at me from the bedroom doorway. I went to
get a cup of coffee as he made his way to the patio door, deciding to
make his rounds around the neighborhood before it started raining. I
let him out, earning another dirty look, this time from LB.

LB hates it when she's patio birdwatching and Rocky shows up. The
birds seem to realize that they don't have anything to fear from LB,
but tales of Rocky's hunting skills have been passed down through
birdie generations. Most flew away, leaving just a few of the braver,
or more foolhardy, at the feeder. Rocky decided to put off making his
neighborhood rounds and hopped up on a patio chair to see if the birds
would forget he was there - or maybe just to irritate LB.

I went to get some coffee. When I came back and sat at the computer
and glanced over to see LB is standing on her hind legs pawing the
door. When I open the door she goes and lays down on the sidewalk and
glares at Rocky. Obviously, she wants me to either take Rocky back
inside, or tell him to get started on his rounds.

I decide to go make the bed, now that Rocky is up and outside, but
make the mistake of taking the vacuum with me. Of course, Sammy
follows me and jumps up on the bed to continue her surveillance of the
sucking monster. I give up on the bedroom for now, and go get some
coffee. Sammy sees that the monster isn't going to be used right away,
so she follows me and discovers a new toy - the turbo scratcher that
was been sitting unused in the corner for months was moved during the
vacuuming and is new again.

Of course, on the way I have to open the door for LB, who is standing
at the door again. I open the door, she turns and walks away. I go sit
down at the computer and start downloading new ng messages. I look up
and LB is back at the door. I go open the door, having to detour
around Sammy who is playing with her new favorite toy. LB turns and
walks away. I shut the door and walk back to the computer. I start to
sit down, she's back at the door. I go back and open the door - again
- and she turns and walks away - again. I shut the door and go sit
down and take a sip of cold coffee. Get up and go to the kitchen for a
warm up, come back, sit down, and she starts pawing the door. Go back
and open the door - again - she stands there looking at me. Enough is
enough, when she turns and starts to walk away I go out and pick her
up and bring her inside.

I go sit down - of course having to detour around Sammy - and take a
sip of coffee. LB is back at the door - now wanting out. I pretend not
to see her, and start reading the ng. She gives up on going out, and
comes and jumps into my lap to hinder any keyboard use. I finish the
new messages and go to get another coffee. I come back to find LB has
appropiated the chair. To get my chair back, I go open the door (of
course detouring around a certain tuxedo cat who has temporarily
whipped the turbo scratcher into submission, and is now napping on top
of it). LB hops down and comes stands in the open door, looks out and
seeing that Rocky has finally left, decides to go out and wait for the
birdies to come back.

Now that LB is outside again, and Sammy is napping, I sneak in and
finally make the bed. I start up the vacuum, Sammy comes running to
start up her suck monster watch. I finally finish the housework and,
as I'm putting up the vacuum, hear a pitiful meow from outside the
bedroom window. Look out and see the predicted rain has started. LB,
who hates to be outside when it's raining, is telling the neighborhood
about the heartless soul who has left her out in the rain - nevermind
that it's barely sprinkling and she's on a covered porch well away
from any rain drops. I go open the patio door, but she just continues
to meow from the front door - to get to the patio door she'd have to
cross about three feet without any overhead protection from the
drizzle.

Sammy, who doesn't mind the drizzle, runs outside and invites me to
play "chase the cat". I go out, chase down Sam and bring her inside,
while LB complains. After Sam and I are back inside, I open the front
door. LB comes in and jumps up onto the desk chair. I sigh and go get
a folding chair, come back, sit down and take a sip of cold coffee.
Get back up, go warm up the cup, come back and find LB has decided to
join Sammy on the recliner.

Take the folding chair back to the bedroom, come back and put the
turno scratcher back in the corner, and sit down to drink a whole cup
of coffee before time to fix lunch.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old August 19th 04, 07:35 PM
Karen Chuplis

Sounds like an ideal morning to me

Old August 19th 04, 08:21 PM
Charleen Welton

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Sounds like an ideal morning to me

I agree wholeheartedly!

Charleen

Old August 20th 04, 12:12 AM
Christina Websell

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Sounds like an ideal morning to me

Except for the hoovering.. ;-)
I hate housework.

Tweed

Old August 19th 04, 08:21 PM
Charleen Welton

Old August 19th 04, 08:21 PM
Charleen Welton

Old August 20th 04, 12:12 AM
Christina Websell

Old August 20th 04, 12:12 AM
Christina Websell

Old August 20th 04, 12:04 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Steve Touchstone
artfully composed this message within
on 19 Aug 2004:

snip

Take the folding chair back to the bedroom, come back and put
the turno scratcher back in the corner, and sit down to drink a
whole cup of coffee before time to fix lunch.

Looks like you guys all have fun when you have the day off. Thanks
for the giggles!

--
Cheryl