Liz's Food recommendations

Old October 15th 03, 07:32 AM
-L.

"Karen M." wrote in message ...
Alison Perera wrote:

In article ,
"Karen M." wrote:

snip

-Alison in OH

I *knew* there was something weird about him! McTarnahan's is one of
my favorite beers. And Portland Brewing has these amazing rosemary and
garlic fries. Mmmmmmm! Did you live here, or just get married here?

OK, who else here is in PDX? I'm in a burb...

-L.
Old October 15th 03, 07:19 PM
Karen M.

-L. wrote:
"Karen M." wrote in message ...

Alison Perera wrote:

In article ,
"Karen M." wrote:

snip

-Alison in OH

I *knew* there was something weird about him! McTarnahan's is one of
my favorite beers. And Portland Brewing has these amazing rosemary and
garlic fries. Mmmmmmm! Did you live here, or just get married here?

OK, who else here is in PDX? I'm in a burb...

-L.

I'm a little curious now if we've ever crossed paths, my fellow cat
lover....

Old October 15th 03, 10:51 PM
GAUBSTER2

I guess this is the case in the dog group you frequent? I had to look
you up to see if you're for real, and you act the same way there, ****
people off just as much, headstrong with the Hill's food when it just
doesn't work for all animals, so you can't blame this (cat) ng for
that.

What I do is defend Hill's from the smear tactics and allegations that are
leveled against them from people who have an agenda. Same thing I do here. I
don't think that a Hill's product will work on every animal and for every
animal. That's your deal, not mine. But when anyone Hill's basher gets on
here and bashes away and can't say anything good about anything they've ever
done, well....that'll get challenged. People get "****ed off" when their
emotionally beliefs are challenged and when they can't back them up! How they
respond when they are challenged says a lot about their character (and yours).

You really need to get a grip and accept that different foods work for
different pets in the same way different foods work for humans and
that different opinions are a way of life. You might be happier if
you did.

Actually, I would give you and your cronies the same advice. I'm quite happy
and I think the mud-slinging that goes on here really needs to tone down. You
can disagree w/ someone w/o having to resort to foul language, etc. Take a
lesson from Alison. She disagrees eloquently and passionately and doesn't sink
to the depths that you and some others do.

Old October 15th 03, 11:01 PM
GAUBSTER2

I don't have a copy handy right now, but I've seen something in the past
called
KNF's (Key Nutritional Factors).

Well, why don't you go look that up and get back to us when you have
something concrete to add?

Well I be chastised if I can't provide a link on the internet? I didn't see
these anywhere on the 'net, I only saw a hard copy version.

Old October 15th 03, 11:10 PM
GAUBSTER2

What I'm saying though is that companies
like SD make a kitten food with *deliberately* higher amounts of protein
, and lower that protein levels for adults, whereas companies like W & F
do not.

Yeah, companies "like" Hill's that make Science Diet formulate their products
to provide the nutrition that that particular lifestage needs, based on their
over 55+ years of research and experience. Companies "like" those you describe
are more worried about appealing to the kindergarten knowledge of consumers who
have knee-jerk reactions to ingredient lists and don't know the difference
between ingredients and nutrients.

Therefore, IMO, it's a bit disingenuous to compare these two
different foods. Just my $.02!

Did you miss all of the posts that confirm that "kitten" or "growth" foods are
THE SAME as "all life stages" foods? It's not disingenuous at all.