Help please: how do I make two cats coexist? (LONG)

Old December 29th 03, 05:41 PM
Barb

You can always try good old Feliway.

I put my aggressive cat into a time out when she becomes too awful. She
expects it, now. She's so smart I hope she will eventually learn to be nice
all the time.

--
Barb
I can only please one person a day.

Old December 30th 03, 05:39 PM
Jocelyn Lavin

Yes, I would re introduce them by restricting Angel to one room and
gradually exposing them to each other. You need to have at least two litter
boxes and more feed water dishes.

I agree. Even though my cats get along, the girls often prefer to use
their own box while Jeffrey primarily uses the other. Also, sharing a
litterbox takes on a whole new meaning to a cat when the territory is no
longer "theirs" and becomes "mine".

Right, am off out shopping later to buy extra cat facilities :-)

Oddly enough they seem different with each other today. In fact, if anything
Aslan is the dominant one today. But still.

--
Josh: Could you possibly get us some dried leaves?
Donna: Yeah, I'll just run out to the forest and be right back.

Old December 30th 03, 05:39 PM
Jocelyn Lavin

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:41:08 +0000, Barb wrote
(in message ):

You can always try good old Feliway.

Huh. I'd never heard of Feliway. But I just looked it up, and now I know what
it is... Not sure if it's available in the UK though.

--
Buffy: Oh! I know this one: "Slaying entails certain sacrifices... blah blah
bitty blah. I'm so stuffy, give me a scone."

Old December 30th 03, 06:48 PM
Luvskats00

For the record......I adopted a 2nd cat 6-7 weeks ago...tried feliway. It was
useless. Resident (neutered) 4 y.o. male cat's focus is to drive new (spayed) 6
y.o. female cat around the room/behind the bookcase. They co-existed separately
most of the time w/supervised visits no longer than 90 minutes (if resident cat
falls asleep). Resident cat did this with our other cat (who passed away) but
she moved 2x/day and nutured him from birth. The new cat is a whole different
case. I've tried encouragement, spray bottles, caging (new cat), but nothing
will stop resident from chasing/pouncing on new cat. I haven't slept more than
2 hours at a time is 6-7 weeks. Resident cat rattles doorknob and cries. I
actually believe I'm insane now. I tried to ignore the cries/rattling for 3
hours and finally lost my sanity.

Other than that....I believe the resident cat times his pooping to when I
actually doze off.