PING: Trish

Old July 31st 05, 04:39 PM
CatNipped

"Gracecat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Sat 30 Jul 2005 10:45:30p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

Yes, it's sad and terrible that you've lost your only son, but how
does that make you exempt fromt he consequences of your actions?

'Nuff said.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Cheryl, you *know* I'm one of the very few people on the board that
understands each and every emotion you may have towards Eric's death. And

say this with all of the love that terrible bond would forge between any

two
mothers.... But unless I have missed something terribly wrong, I don't
understand why his death would factor into anything related to RPCHB.

If someone told you that, then you are higher than that person and they

know
it if that is the only thing they can use to hurt you.

*shakes head* Using a child's death to argue and snipe is pointless and
hurtful. Eric has no place in this argument Cheryl. I don't see Catnipped
(in this instance) doing anything but telling you the same. I'm not taking
sides, I like you both. But she is right, here. Whatever personal

tragedies
one may have, they don't belong in our arguments and flame wars.

Grace

Thank you Grace. I have *NEVER* done that, and never would. As I replied
to Cheryl, I think that is dispicable and whoever did that to her is less
than human. I am a mother and a grandmother and I can't think of anything
worse in the entire world than losing a child and would not wish that on the
lowest of low-life - much less just on someone who annoys me on a NewsGroup.

My "attacks" on people here, in flame wars, were confined to the things they
wrote or, at the most, calling someone a ****ing idiot - that's a *LONG* way
from getting personal about their RL problems and tragedies.

However, others have not given me the same courtesy...

As posted by Cheryl on June 17, 2005 when I asked her what I had done to her
to deserve her loathing (as you can see, she's not above trying to hurt me
using *my* children - although she totally misses the mark here since my
daughter and I have a beautiful relationship) - great reasons she gives,
huh?

=

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...28c d04e5a18c

"Loathe may be a strong word. I save that for people I've actually met,
though from your posts, I feel like I know you. Strong dislike. There. It
has nothing to do with Mary. I like some of the people who seem to like her.
See, that's not it. I even like Mary more than I like you.

Here's what it is:
In your posts you make yourself out to be self-important.
Examples:
Your thread of the tour of your house.
Your constant reminder that you're a member of MENSA.
Your assurance that everyone knows all of your accomplishments.
Many others I can't remember right now.

Several of us laugh at you in email. Example: The thread of the 57 picture
tour of your house. You're better than us, aren't you.

Example: The pant suit you recently bought and you whined about not finding
size 5 clothes. That jacket didn't fit you. You probably need a size 8.
The pants didn't fit your body right. I suppose that could be from losing
150 pounds so quickly when you had your gut sutured shut. See? I know more
about you than I want to know. You post for affirmation, yet you just look
pathetic. Almost every post of yours screams "LOVE ME". I go back and forth
between strong dislike and pity. Even your daughter doesn't talk to you. You
told us that."

=

And that was actually one of her milder attacks on me. I won't even go into
the names and accusations Lyn has used against me.

But even after this, I didn't reply in kind. There's a few of reasons I
don't...

First, I *KNOW* the difference between real life and UseNet. I don't let
"attacks", no matter how mean, viscious or personal, "get" to me - they have
*NO* bearing on my life, my self-esteem, or my self-image.

Second, I have too much self-respect to allow someone to anger me enough to
sink to that level.

Third, as I learned in grade school, as soon as you resort to attacking the
person instead of attacking their arguments, you've automatically lost the
debate. I won't say I'm perfect and have never lashed out (see "****ing
idiot" remark above) - but I have *NEVER* resorted to the sort of
(attempted) hurtful, mean and nasty remarks used against me.

One last comment - and I'll probably be flamed for this one, but it's the
truth...

As dispicable as it is to use the death of a child to flame someone, it's
also not very noble to flame someone and then use the death of a child as an
excuse to hide behind and avoid the consequences of your own bitchiness.
That's not to say I wouldn't put up with a *LOT* of nastiness from someone
who has lost a child - I can't say I understand what they're going through,
but being a mother, I have an inkling. But to lash out and try to hurt
someone, out of the blue, for no reason, who has never done anything to hurt
you, and then expect to be treated nicely anyway because you've lost a
child - well that just doesn't wash.

I feel like I can say this to you, Grace, because after what you went
through you *NEVER ONCE* used that as an excuse to be mean or in any way
undecorous. You truly live up to your name, you are the epitome of grace
under unimaginable pressure.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 31st 05, 05:23 PM
Alison

"CatNipped" wrote in message
.
Second, I have too much self-respect to allow someone to anger me

enough to
sink to that level.

Third, as I learned in grade school, as soon as you resort to

attacking the
person instead of attacking their arguments, you've automatically

lost the
debate. I won't say I'm perfect and have never lashed out (see

"****ing
idiot" remark above) - but I have *NEVER* resorted to the sort of
(attempted) hurtful, mean and nasty remarks used against me.

Lori , I dont know how this thing with you, Lyn and Cheryl started ,
I only noticed you when you
started contributing on Ashley's thread but you did say this on Lyn's
I SPY recently along side
other such like remarks made by Mary -

I feel *SO* sorry for her son, Jonathan - he has to live with that

sicko of
a mom. Hey Lynn, do you make him call you "Mommy Dearest"?

That's without Googling , I dont know how others feel , but I think
that is hurtful ,
mean and nasty, perhaps you don't.
Alison

Old July 31st 05, 05:54 PM
cathyxyz

CatNipped wrote:

snipped BS

I feel like I can say this to you, Grace, because after what you went
through you *NEVER ONCE* used that as an excuse to be mean or in any way
undecorous. You truly live up to your name, you are the epitome of grace
under unimaginable pressure.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh please, bring out the harps. Get a LIFE....
Cathy

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it
Old July 31st 05, 05:57 PM
MaryL

"Alison" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
.
[...]

I think so, too. Both Mary and CN continually brought up personal
information about others. I have not followed these threads as closely as
some, but I have seen several instances where Lyn made it clear that she did
not want her young son's name used, but CN and especially Mary would almost
go out of their way to mention it -- as in a recent post when CN referred to
Lyn, and Lyn had not even been part of the thead until CN brought it up. If
thre were complaints, Mary would then frequently say "that's Usenet" as if
it made it alright to post anything that she could find by searching through
various newsgroups. I would personally like to see us just drop this whole
thing, but I must admit that this is the reason I haven't been disburbed
about seeing personal information posted about Mary. In most cases, I would
consider that to be inappropriate and an invasion of privacy; but Mary
almost went out of her way to print this trash about others. Lori has not
done it as frequently as Mary, but there are *plenty* of examples from her
messages.

MaryL

Old July 31st 05, 06:06 PM
CatNipped

"Alison" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
.
[...]

It's easy to take something out of context and use it as an example, and I
expect that of Allison since she so loves to hump my posts, but not of you,
Mary. I wrote that to Lyn after about the 20th time she accused me of not
only burning my own cat but making up the method of me doing so - I'm by far
not the only one here who thinks she is sick for doing that. I didn't
suddenly start posting mean and hurtful things about either Lyn or Cheryl,
but only started flaming them back after *tons* of their posts lambasting
me.

Old July 31st 05, 06:19 PM
MaryL

"Alison" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
.
[...]

Yes, I also agree that many of Lyn's messages have been inflammatory and
foul-mouthed. Sometimes hers seem to be provoked (just as you described for
yourself) and sometimes unprovoked (unless we somehow trace a long history
of relationships, which I don't wish to do). There have just been entirely
too many messages from *several* people that seem designed to provoke anger
and flame wars and which do not contribute to the welfare of cats (which is,
after all, the theme of this group -- cats.health+behav). As I said
earlier, I would really like to see *all* of us drop this whole thing and
try to be civil to one another and to concentrate on cats instead of
antagonism.

MaryL

Old July 31st 05, 07:37 PM
Alison

"CatNipped" wrote in message
It's easy to take something out of context and use it as an

example,

That's not the point. Being out of context is irrelevant; the
circumstances don't matter
because you wrote-
" I have *NEVER* done that, and never would."
" I have too much self-respect to allow someone to anger me enough to
sink to that level"
"but I have *NEVER* resorted to the sort of
(attempted) hurtful, mean and nasty remarks used against me"

but you had done.

and I

expect that of Allison since she so loves to hump my posts,

Because what you write often either isn't true or is inaccurate.
It's not pleasant if you have been accused of doing something you
haven't done and it's a natural reaction to retalliate. But you're
acusing Cheryl of getting personal with you while saying you never
did this yourself and that's not true.
Alison

Old July 31st 05, 07:42 PM
Alison

[...]

I agree with you and I'm glad you haven't stopped posting here. I
hope it drops too and we can get back to normal soon.
Alison

Old July 31st 05, 09:33 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:57:42 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

I think so, too. Both Mary and CN continually brought up personal
information about others. I have not followed these threads as closely as
some, but I have seen several instances where Lyn made it clear that she did
not want her young son's name used, but CN and especially Mary would almost

Mentioning the kid's name is not much to complain about if Lyn had
already provided that information herself. It's not the same as
providing name/address/phone number/place of employment.

I will be disgusted if it turns out someone contacted Oregon CPS about
Lyn, but I won't be surprised given her behavior. Adopted children
have five parents -- two mothers, two fathers, and the government.

Charlie
Old July 31st 05, 10:25 PM
Alison

" "Cheryl" wrote in message
If you and yours are digging up stuff on me, can I assume that

you're
going to drag up a flamewar with a deranged bitch in

alt.music.ozzy?
Be sure that your references include how she told me it was my

fault
that my son died in a car crash. Something about "karma". Be sure

tell that.

CatNipped.
That's dispicable! I also thought it was dispicable when Lyn said

the same
thing about the woman whose house burned down and her cats were

burned to
death. I'm surprised that after someone said that to you, you could

still
defend Lyn being just as nasty. I guess it all depends on who is on

the
receiving end of such hatefulness and who is dishing it out.

I had a quick google and could only one thread (below) about Lyn
saying it was karma.
It was one short sentence. Cheryl didn't defend Lyn here. In fact,
Candace thought
you were making a mountain out of a molehill.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P24D1278B

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...73aedab6f4c1fd

If there are any other threads perhaps you could give a link or just
give the name of the thread .
It will be interesting to see if you will still defend Mary/Nancy in
the light of what you know now.

Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
http://doginfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/