Intro and Purrs Request

Old December 30th 05, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Intro and Purrs Request

Howdy! We've had Tyler (or is that the other way 'round) our cat Tyler
for about 1.3 years now. He was 6 months old(ish) when we got him from
an adoption agency that rescues cats from kill shelters (or wherever!).

He's white, with brown/black markings on his head, parts of his ears,
one on his side and on his rump, extending down his tail. He's a nice
cat, if a little rambunctious .. he likes his rough kitty play (but he
knows when not to!).

He started throwing up anything he ate/drank yesterday (Wed) and
continued up through Thurs. Took him to the vet, and they did an exam.
They said that they needed to do blood/xray and we went home to wait
(they were busy).

They called and said they needed to keep him overnight. His blood
levels look good, stomach and bowels look ok, but his small intestine
(part of it) is inflamed, and they dont know why. She said it doesn't
look like a blockage on the XRay. Wanted to keep him to give him IV
fluid to rehydrate and observe overnight.

Said if he wasn't ok tomorrow they'd want to go in and have a looksee
(exploratory surgery).

I'm a worrier, so I'm sitting here, catless, and I keep wondering how
he's doing .. what he's doing .. if he's lonely, or sitting there with
his little "meeeew" (he doesn't meow, it's meeeew in a high pitch).

Maybe that sounds stupid. Maybe not.

I came home and gave his litterbox a good disinfecting, as well with his
food/water bowls.

Guess I'm going to bed now..But who will cuddle :/
Old December 30th 05, 08:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Rob Poe wrote:

He started throwing up anything he ate/drank yesterday (Wed) and
continued up through Thurs. Took him to the vet, and they did an exam.
They said that they needed to do blood/xray and we went home to wait
(they were busy).

They called and said they needed to keep him overnight...

I'm a worrier, so I'm sitting here, catless, and I keep wondering how
he's doing .. what he's doing .. if he's lonely, or sitting there with
his little "meeeew" (he doesn't meow, it's meeeew in a high pitch).

Maybe that sounds stupid. Maybe not.

Not!! I would be worrying myself sick if one of my kitties had
symptoms like that with an unknown cause - and so would just about
any of us on this newsgroup. Nobody thinks this is stupid!

I hope Tyler's OK! He's a young guy, so chances are, he will be. I'll
have my 3 send out some purrs in his direction.

I know it's lonely when your companion isn't around, whether that's
a human or cat companion...

Welcome to RPCA!

Joyce
Old December 30th 05, 09:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Oh! And we were thinking of getting him a playmate next week. May have
to wait on that, huh? A friend has a warehouse that people dump cats at
(why do they pick somewhere to dump). A pregnant female had her litter
there .. the cats have been neutered (spayed) and their first round of
shots. And the price is right!!! (free)

The lil' girl we're looking at getting is all black (from what I
understand).

And here's a pic of Tyler ..

http://www.mlky.com/tylersleep.jpg

Old December 30th 05, 09:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you! I keep looking for him to be underfoot as always (or
sleeping on one of the beds here). When I came home, I said "Hello
Kitt...err.." (I greet the cat when I get home).

He's sometimes the emotionally detached kitty, but sometimes just
lovable, too (rubs all over you). And he always likes strangers .. Not
loves, but likes

Old December 30th 05, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Rob Poe wrote:

And here's a pic of Tyler ..
http://www.mlky.com/tylersleep.jpg

He's a sweetie!!

Joyce
Old December 30th 05, 10:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Rob Poe" wrote in message

And here's a pic of Tyler ..

http://www.mlky.com/tylersleep.jpg///

What a very handsome boy!

Helen M

Old December 30th 05, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Welcome Rob. Pretty much everyone here would be worried sick if one of
our furbabies had unexplained symptoms - especially if they might
reuire exploratory surgery to figure out the problem. So, no I don't
think you stupid. Purrs on the way that your Tyler avoids surgery and
that he'll be back t normal in time to welcome the new addition to
your fur family.

he certainly looks to be a handsome fellow - sort of reminds me of my
Rocky (RB) or Spot, both black and white spotted kitties
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old December 30th 05, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tyler looks like a Thai cat. We have Vino's nemesis, Spot, who comes to
the window to annoy Vino, who looks a lot like that:
http://tinyurl.com/78mxu
Purrs for poor Tyler to recover completely and quickly.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old December 30th 05, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Rob Poe wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs for Tyler to recover asap.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 30th 05, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Rob Poe wrote:
Oh! And we were thinking of getting him a playmate next week. May
have to wait on that, huh? A friend has a warehouse that people dump
cats at (why do they pick somewhere to dump). A pregnant female had
her litter there .. the cats have been neutered (spayed) and their
first round of shots. And the price is right!!! (free)

The lil' girl we're looking at getting is all black (from what I
understand).

And here's a pic of Tyler ..

http://www.mlky.com/tylersleep.jpg

Tyler reminds me of my RB Rosie...