[OT] Survey, just for the fun of it

Old October 15th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default [OT] Survey, just for the fun of it

I found this in an old email and thought folks here might have some
fun with it. Feel free to embellish answers, avoid questions, and make
up outright lies if it entertains you. Oh, and I'll post my answers
soon, too, but I thought it would be easier for folks to respond if
they didn't have to clear out my answers.

Have fun!

Where's your hometown (city, country)?

Where do you live now (city, country)?

What's your favorite color(s)?

What are your favorite types of music?

What are your hobbies?

What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

Favorite subject(s) in school?

Least favorite subject(s) in school?

What's your favorite holiday?

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

What's your pet peeve?

Old October 15th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Survey, just for the fun of it

Bring it on!

1. Hometown: close to Walkerton, Ontario (yes, the water town)

2. Currently in: Ottawa

3. Colour: Lavendar

4. Music: Heavy metal, glam rock, 80s top hits

5. Hobbies: Toy collecting, sci-fi, aviation

6. Home cooked foods: tacos, tikka masala, flavoured rice, cottage
roll

7. Restaurant: Vietnamese

8. School (loves): History, English

9. School (hates): Phys.ed, physics

10. Holiday: Samhain/Halloween

11. Parents...Dad yes, mom, with great difficulty

12. Good at: Editing (spelling, grammar, developing an argument,
etc)
Bad at: Being tidy (Everything in my house has an order. It's just
that the order and place is obvious to me, and mystifying to everyone
else. For example, receipts go on top of the hard drive, bills that
need paying go on the scanner, bills that have been paid go under the
mouse pad, phone numbers go behind the monitor....when someone "clears
that junk off my desk" they put it all in one folder and...omg, it's
all mixed in together and I can't find anything.)

13. Peeve: People thinking they're helping by putting that junk on
my desk (table, counter, floor, etc) into a tidy stack.

--Fil

Old October 16th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

wrote:
I found this in an old email and thought folks here might have some
fun with it. Feel free to embellish answers, avoid questions, and make
up outright lies if it entertains you. Oh, and I'll post my answers
soon, too, but I thought it would be easier for folks to respond if
they didn't have to clear out my answers.

Have fun!

Where's your hometown (city, country)?

Born in Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA, USA. Can't really call it my "home
town" since I never saw it again after that

Where do you live now (city, country)?

Outside of Memphis, TN, USA

What's your favorite color(s)?

Yellow

What are your favorite types of music?

classic rock and film scores (composers such as Thomas Newman, James Horner,
Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, etc.)

What are your hobbies?

Reading

What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

Soups/stews. And seafood.

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

Hmmm... if I have to pick a cuisine, Italian, I guess.

Favorite subject(s) in school?

English/Literature

Least favorite subject(s) in school?

Math

What's your favorite holiday?

Don't have one.

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?

Dad no; Mom most of the time

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

Good at singing (usually!). But very bad at trying to play any sort of
musical instrument.

What's your pet peeve?

Stupid people LOL

Old October 16th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wrote:
I found this in an old email and thought folks here might have some
fun with it. Feel free to embellish answers, avoid questions, and make
up outright lies if it entertains you. Oh, and I'll post my answers
soon, too, but I thought it would be easier for folks to respond if
they didn't have to clear out my answers.

Have fun!

Where's your hometown (city, country)?

Yungstown, Ohio until I was fifteen. Then Jasper, Alabama.

Where do you live now (city, country)?

New Haven (area, actually Branford) Connecticut (these are all in the
U.S.)

What's your favorite color(s)?

Red

What are your favorite types of music?

Blues, country and rock in that order. Some of the music I love is
LABELED folk but Lucinda Williams is NOT folk. No one who writes his
or her own damn songs is doing folk music. And it's a good thing that
they are not.

What are your hobbies?

Poker, bridge, roleplaying games, reading. In no particular order

What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

My own pot-roast with dill, My brother's Chicken Murphy, My own
chopped beef barbeque.

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

Barbecue

Favorite subject(s) in school?

English

Least favorite subject(s) in school?

Typing. Now I wish I had paid attention.

What's your favorite holiday?

Final table of the World Series of Poker Day

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?

No longer with us but I got along very well with my mother for well
over a decade before she went. I am happy that we got along so well
after so many years of turmoil.

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

Games. Record keeping and orderliness as pertains to everyday life.

What's your pet peeve?

My commute.

Will in New Haven

--

"Long may you run.
Long may you run.

Neill Young - "Long May You Run"

Old October 16th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

wrote in message
I found this in an old email and thought folks here might have some
fun with it. Feel free to embellish answers, avoid questions, and make
up outright lies if it entertains you. Oh, and I'll post my answers
soon, too, but I thought it would be easier for folks to respond if
they didn't have to clear out my answers.

Have fun!

Where's your hometown (city, country)?

Brooklyn, New York

Where do you live now (city, country)?

Brooklyn, NY

What's your favorite color(s)?

It changes. It's been blue, red, purple, lime green and even orange.

What are your favorite types of music?

Classical. I'm a trained classical musician with advanced degrees. I like
music that you probably haven't heard of, from the 15th and 16th centuries.
Also Baroque and 19th century music.

Doesn't mean I don't like a whole lot of other music, too. Lots of rock,
R&B, soul, blues, reggae, funk, even some disco.
Hell, even some hip hop.

What are your hobbies?

Jeez, they're so integrated into my life that they're not really
hobbies--basically music, reading and baseball.

What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

My mother's Thanksgiving stuffing-- and her lasagna.

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

Italian and Mexican

Favorite subject(s) in school?

English, later music

Least favorite subject(s) in school?

Math

What's your favorite holiday?

Xmas

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?

Pretty much

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

Pretty good at writing. I have a good musical ear and sense of rhythm.
Bad, bad, bad at math.

What's your pet peeve?

Irresponsibility and cruelty to more vulnerable beings.

Old October 16th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

wrote in message
I found this in an old email and thought folks here might have some
fun with it. Feel free to embellish answers, avoid questions, and make
up outright lies if it entertains you. Oh, and I'll post my answers
soon, too, but I thought it would be easier for folks to respond if
they didn't have to clear out my answers.

Have fun!

Where's your hometown Eldorado?

Where do you live now

Clark Center, Ill. USA

What's your favorite color(s)? Purple

What are your favorite types of music?

Anything but high opera and country.

What are your hobbies?

My cats, reading, flowers
What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

Biscuits and sausage gravy,
Bar B Que
Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

Mom and Pop type place for most times. Something fancy for Dress up. Steak
and baked Sweet potato

Favorite subject(s) in school?
English
Least favorite subject(s) in school?
Math
What's your favorite holiday?
Anytime good friends and family are together
If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?
Not living for years. No, they both resented my being nearly blind and
made no bones about it.
Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

Am good with people, amd bad at dealing with people who have nothing to
complain about but do it anyway.
What's your pet peeve?

The so called politicl people that represent "we the people".

Old October 16th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:
I found this in an old email and thought folks here might have some
fun with it. Feel free to embellish answers, avoid questions, and make
up outright lies if it entertains you. Oh, and I'll post my answers
soon, too, but I thought it would be easier for folks to respond if
they didn't have to clear out my answers.

Have fun!

Where's your hometown (city, country)?

Born & brought up in St. Paul, Minnesota, moved to Los
Angeles, California after college. (And lived there happily
for fifty-plus years.)

Where do you live now (city, country)?

Phoenix, Arizona (USA)

What's your favorite color(s)?

Green (all shades)

What are your favorite types of music?

Classical, opera, Vienese operetta

What are your hobbies?

Other than playing on the computer? None. (I'm a voracious
reader, but I consider that a way of life, not a hobby.) ;-)

What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

Anything I don't have to cook myself. (I'm a good cook, but
a lazy one.)

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

French/Belgian, German

Favorite subject(s) in school?

Music and sciences

Least favorite subject(s) in school?

Physical education

What's your favorite holiday?

Probably Christmas, although I'm not sure I really have one,
anymore.

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?

Both gone, now - our relationship was always cordial, but I
found my Mom easier to take when we were two or three
thousand miles apart.

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

Until the voice began to age, I was a pretty good classical
singer (with operatic aspirations). I am a lousy
housekeeper (probably because I've always hated housework)!

What's your pet peeve?

Right wing politicians and religious nuts who think they
have a right to dictate what other people believe (or don't
believe).

Old October 16th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

kirjoitti:
Where's your hometown (city, country)?

Helsinki, Finland

Where do you live now (city, country)?

Laitila, Finland

What's your favorite color(s)?

Lilac, lavender, purple and all shades inbetween

What are your favorite types of music?

Depends on my mood, classic, R&B, 80's pop, heavy metal, synth. etc.

What are your hobbies?

cooking, reading, movies, chatting on computer etc.

What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

spaghetti and creamy mince sauce (not really bolognese)

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

Chinese, but I don't go out that much

Favorite subject(s) in school?

languages

Least favorite subject(s) in school?

physics, maths

What's your favorite holiday?

midsummer or christmas

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?

sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, the latter mostly with my mum...

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

for a Finn I think I'm good at languages, and I'm fairly good at
computers too (using them, not the insides of them)
I'm bad at sports and at taking critisism (I take stuff too personally)

What's your pet peeve?

dishonesty

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 16th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Hometown: Helsinki, Finland

Live now (city, country): Helsinki, Finland

Favorite color(s): This is a hard one. In clothes, I mostly wear black
(a carry-over from my wasted youth). But then I look outside and see the
bright, burning colours of the trees in their autumn glory - yellow,
orange, reds. And I like green. And I like the colour of the sea on a
still summer's day. It all depends where the colour is.

Favorite types of music: rock, soul, funk, blues, Real punk music, new
wave... almost anything. Not country music. Lately, I've listened to
Paul Potts singing Nessun Dorma first thing in the morning. It gives me
goose bumps and tears in my eyes every time.

Hobbies: I don't know if you can call them hobbies, but cats and reading
is what I usually list. I also enjoy the theatre and going to
museums. Literature was going to be my career, since I was going to do
my PhD work on literature, but I couldn't get funding for that so I've
had to abandon my hopes of a PhD degree.

Favorite home-cooked foods: it's hard to name one single dish. Usually
it's when I have a bunch of vegetables at home and somehow manage to
create something that's more than its components. Last time was when I
made a 'lasagna' without the lasagna noodles. I used courgette sliced
lengthwise instead.

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine): any restaurant where
their idea of vegetarian food is not just a salad. Indian is good, Asian
veggie woks too.

Favorite subject(s) in school: Swedish/literature

Least favorite subject(s) in school: Physical education

Favorite holiday: Midsummer (when we're usually on the island and
enjoying the long, long daylight).

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents: Mum is one
of my best friends. Dad passed away in 1988, and I still miss him.

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at. I'm good at
languages and playing around with words, I suck at singing.

What's your pet peeve: Cars driving and parking on the sidewalk. It's
been a new development the last ten years or so. What are these people
thinking?

Old October 16th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Where's your hometown (city, country)?

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Where do you live now (city, country)?

San Francisco Bay Area, California.

What's your favorite color(s)?

Teal and copper

What are your favorite types of music?

I go through phases of musical obsessions, and there's no telling what
I will be manaical about next. The past few years I've been extremely
excited about international choral folk music, because I'm in a group
that sings this kind of stuff.

I love Balkan women's music - if you've heard of Kitka (an American
group that specializes in this kind of singing), then you know what I
mean. Most people haven't heard of them, though, which is a shame.

I also love North African music, as I play the dumbek (with not a huge
level of skill - advanced beginner, maybe).

There were two years in the early 80s where I listened to nothing but
salsa. I was totally passionate about it. I still like it, but haven't
kept up with who the current performers are. I was into people like
Willy Colon and Celia Cruz and Hector Lavoe and Oscar d'Leon.

I also like American English-language music. I grew up on rock music
and still love it, and also love acoustic singer-songwriter type stuff.

I even went through a classical phase in the 70s - mostly orchestral.
My faves were Debussy and Respighi. Afternoon of a Faun still makes me
cry.

What are your hobbies?

I didn't come up with these questions, btw. I think "hobbies" is an
odd concept, as most of you have commented - the things we love to do
in our spare time are part of our lives, not just a diversion.

Anyway: I love singing and playing music. I used to play guitar but
then I took up hand drums a few years ago - djembe (African drum) and
dumbek (Middle Eastern). I mentioned the choral group, but I also play
in a rock/world/fusion band.

Also love to do artsy craftsy stuff - sewing and beading.

And hanging out with the furry ones!

What are your favorite home-cooked foods?

Salmon (something I have in common with Roxy). Chicken, spinach and
cheese. Not all together.

Favorite kind of restaurant (ie, what cuisine)?

Thai is my favorite, also love Vietnamese and Japanese. I used to like
Indian food, but my digestive system can't take it any more. Ethiopian
is yummy and fun to eat... One of the things I love about an urban area
is the dazzling array of choices.

Favorite subject(s) in school?

Biology, algebra, geometry

Least favorite subject(s) in school?

History. I even flunked it a couple of times.

What's your favorite holiday?

I think I'm turning into a grumpy old fart - I can't think of a
single holiday that I'm that excited about...

I used to love Passover, but a few years ago I went to 3 seders in
the same year and I got seriously burned out on them. Maybe in a few
years I'll get the spark back again.

Hmm... Gay Pride? Not technically a holiday, but try telling 500,000
people that at the end of June.

Does my birthday count?

If they are still living, do you get along with your parents?

Both still living, and yes, I do. I didn't talk to dad for 20 years,
because he used to be a nasty, abusive, screaming maniac. But he seems
to have mellowed quite a bit, and we got back in touch 3 years ago.
What works is that we mostly keep things like, mostly joke around and
have short conversations.

Mom and I have always gotten along fine, but we're not that close.
She's not very emotionally attuned to others, so I don't tell her
anything important, but our relationship has always been decent and
it still is.

Name something you're good at, and something you're bad at.

Good at: Getting animals to like me.
Bad at: Punctuality. I will probably be late for my own funeral.

What's your pet peeve?

People who think they're better than everyone else.

Joyce

Pet Survey Zoom Cat community 0 September 1st 06 11:37 PM
Pet Survey Zoom Cat anecdotes 0 September 1st 06 11:30 PM
Pet Survey Zoom Cats - misc 0 September 1st 06 11:28 PM
Survey CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 149 April 25th 05 11:23 PM
SF Survey - OT Jeanette Cat anecdotes 8 August 9th 04 09:32 PM