Cats Eat Quesadillas?

Old December 2nd 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AR[_2_]

Default Cats Eat Quesadillas?

I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!
Old December 2nd 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

AR wrote:

I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!

Groud meat and cheese...of course a cat would like that. When Leo sees
me eating a slice of longhorn colby, he gets frantic and demands some of
it. Which I happily oblige.
Old December 2nd 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"AR" wrote in message
I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!

Next time you make quesadillas, why not make a small amount with just the
ground meat (prefarably not spiced), green peppers and cheese. Reserve that
for your cat. Onions can be toxic to cats (a cause of Heinz body anemia),
so that is the reason for my suggestion. Your cat probably would not get
enough onions to be damaging, but it's not worth taking any risks. You can
read about it he
http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=1108
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/humanfood.htm

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old December 2nd 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Dec 2, 3:42�pm, AR wrote:
I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!

Why don't you give him American food? You do live in America, now
don't you....?

IBen Getiner
Old December 3rd 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AR[_2_]

On Dec 2, 4:33 pm, "cindys" wrote:
"AR" wrote in message

...I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!

--------
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but please be very, very careful what you
feed your cat. Onions (raw or cooked) cause anemia in cats. Mexican food is
full of garlic which is also bad for cats. Don't know what other spices you
used. Don't know about the green peppers. *Unspiced* cooked meat is okay.
The cheese should be okay in very small quantities (assuming your cat isn't
lactose intolerance, which many cats are). BTW, raisins and grapes can be
deadly.
You obviously love your cat a whole bunch. Please be careful, as you
wouldn't want him to get sick.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Thanks guys! I never knew all those things are bad for cats. I knew
about chocolate but not those other foods. Thanks for letting me know.
I will avoid them next time. He liked the whole wheat fajita rounds
too.

As for the person who suggested I feed him American food because we
live in America....well, no comment...unbelievable...LOL!!!
Old December 3rd 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AR[_2_]

On Dec 2, 5:20 pm, IBen Getiner wrote:
On Dec 2, 3:42�pm, AR wrote:

I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!

Why don't you give him American food? You do live in America, now
don't you....?

IBen Getiner

Would you also give an Oriental Shorthair, Burmese and Siamese cat
American food? I would think you would feed them Asian food...LOL!
Maybe with a little duck and soy sauce on the side?
Old December 4th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Dec 3, 5:00�pm, "cindys" wrote:
"AR" wrote in message

On Dec 2, 4:33 pm, "cindys" wrote:
"AR" wrote in message

[...]

-----
Ignore him. He's a troll.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -

Ignore her.. She's a ****.

IBen Getiner
Old December 4th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Dec 2, 3:42�pm, AR wrote:

I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!

Why don't you give him American food? You do live in America, now
don't you....?

IBen Getiner

Would you also give an Oriental Shorthair, Burmese and Siamese cat
American food? I would think you would feed them Asian food...LOL!
Maybe with a little duck and soy sauce on the side?- Hide quoted text -

LOL...!! Touche..!

At last... Someone with a sense of humor.

IBen Getiner