Meow-lingual (can't find it yet...)

Old December 24th 03, 06:45 PM
jmcquown

Default Meow-lingual (can't find it yet...)

For Christmas, some members of our department at work pitched in and got our
supervisor the 'Bow-Lingual' from Sharper Image. It allegedly translates
dog barks into understandable language to convey their emotions when they
issue a specific type of bark. She was thrilled! She didn't realize we
plotted to buy one for her. She tried it out the last couple of nights and
it seems to accurately translate at a base level the basic mood of the
pooch. For example, when they were tossing a ball to the dog, the
translation was (my memory sucks) "I like fun". When the dog saw a cat, the
translation was "Guard mode." When her husband challenged the dog for its
food, the response was "Friend or foe?"

I did an online search. I found the Japanese company that came up with this
was supposed to introduce 'Meowlingual' to the U.S. market in November of
this year. But I can't find a site that actually sells it. I suspect the
Japanese to English Cat translations may have caused a delay in the
marketing to the States. But the the details on the gadget are he

http://www.pcworldmalta.com/news/2003/Jul/191.htm

And a photo (it has ears!) he

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/archi...fp023002c.html

I can pretty much tell you what Persia is saying: "I want different food."
"Hey, I want different food." "Okay, I'm purring and snuggling; I'm happy,
but you moved so can I have a treat?"

Jill

Old December 25th 03, 09:37 PM
Rainy

:
[...]

Here is something I wrote for my Rainbow Side journal at my website
you might appreciate:

October 21 - THE MEOWLINGUAL. A toymaker in Japan recently
created a device called the Meowlingual which converts a cat's
meows into human language. In theory, it's now possible for
persons owned by felines to know exactly what the cats are trying
to tell us.

I relayed this news to my cat Jax and he's rather excited about it.

He can't wait to program his mews, meows, hrrmms and nnnhs
into peoplespeak, so he can finally tell me, in words I'll understand,
what he's thinking.

A few phrases he looks forward to translating for me:

"... Hey! It's 3:30 a.m.! Are you planning to stay in bed all day? ...
Now where would be the best place for me to upchuck this
hairball? ... Nice party, Carol. Do you think your guests would
enjoy watching me clean my genitals? ... I'm bored. Entertain
me! NOW! ... How dare you use my can opener on a can of
vegetables? ... You weren't really reading this stupid
newspaper, were you? ... If you love me you'd buy me a real
bird, instead of that silly feathers-on-a-stick toy. ... Whoa.
Catnip. Whooooooa. ... Yippee! Yeehaw! I just had a B.M. and
I can fly like Peter Pan! ... I'm not gonna cover that up. YOU
cover it up... So how cute is this pose?"

That's my guy.

-- a lifelong cat lover!
*Carol* http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com ~ Home of Happy
Liederhosen's Hollywood, The Codfather's Punny Movies,
Your Weekly Rainyscope & even more yet ... updated Fridays!
****** People are like boats: the more in a fog they are, the
louder they toot their horns.

Old December 25th 03, 10:02 PM
polonca12000

Thanks for the laugh, it's hilarious!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip A few phrases he looks forward to translating for me: