Da Winking Ceremony Begins!

Old October 17th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast

Default Da Winking Ceremony Begins!

The guests have all been seated, and the
organ begins playing the BRIDAL CHORUS OF
LOHENGRIN. O.T., looking dashing in a dark-grey
tux, accompanied by Ranger, his bestman-cat and
his groomsmen-cats, Sundance and Wascal walk
slowly down the aisle and are now standing at the
front; between the paws of the statue of Bast.

Harri, escorted by Samuel Redcat and Sundance
enters, and walks slowly toward the front. She is
wearing a long gown made of very soft white
leather. Instead of sewn seams it has
silver-headed metal rivets fastening it together.
A fluffy red bow adorns her tail, and she wears a
red leather cap on her head. The style manages to
resemble the traditional lines of a wedding dress,
but still conveys quite clearly the
trucker-kittiness of the wearer. She smiles at all
of her community friends as she walks, followed by
Piglet, her matron of honor; her bridesmaids
Rebecca and Lilith; then MeOwy, holding a
bewinking-collar on a white satin pillow. When
Harri arrives at the front, Sammy and Sundance
headbutt her and returns to their seats. Harri
turns to OT and softly purrs. They both wait.

MAU: Suddenly, from atop the statue of
Bast, a pair of glowing green eyes are seen, and
around them the body of a black cat in long,
flowing robes with an emerald scarab on a gold
chain as her collar. She leaps high into the air
once, then touches softly down to where the bridal
party are assembled, eyes dancing with excitement
to be in this magical, ancient site blessed by
Bast Herself. A breeze flutters Mau's robes and
her eyes glow even brighter as she addresses the
group:

Welcome to Egypt and the Temple of Bast, my
fellow felines, for this is our common feline
heritage: the very place that was the cradle of
feline-human interaction. Millennia ago, the
humans that lived here, the ancient Egyptians,
began to cultivate grain, and since the banks of
the Nile were a fertile plain, they soon had a
surplus, which they stored in granaries. A minor
functionary of Pharaoh's court was in charge of
these granaries, and this human had a problem:
rats and mice were not only eating the stored
grain, but worse yet, they were causing the grain
to spoil with their droppings. This human - his
name is long forgotten, but let's call him Kalid -
was troubled, because every trap or plan to foil
the rodents failed. Discouraged and sleepless, he
decided to travel down the Nile on a religious
retreat.

When he reached his temple, he made
offerings to the gods, and then met with his
priest. When he told the priest of his troubles,
the priest said, "Follow me." They went into the
Temple granary which was clean and free from
rodents. Amazed, Kalid asked "How can this be?"

The priest made a "mewing" sound and from
small stone huts came one or two cats. Kalid
jumped back - the only cats he had ever seen were
much larger jungle cats, known for their ability
to tear a man limb from limb. These smaller cats
walked over and rubbed against the priest's leg;
he told Kalid that they had suddenly appeared from
the jungle some time ago, and while looking like
smaller versions of their ferocious cousins, these
did not harm man. While they spoke, a group of
rats made for the pile of grain. Out of nowhere, a
clowder of cats jumped them, and before long, the
rats were no more. Kalid was amazed, and begged
the priest for a pair of breeding cats. The priest
obliged, and with his blessing, Kalid made his way
up the Nile with not one, but four pair of cats.

A number of years have now passed, and
Kalid has now become a wealthy and powerful member
of the Pharaoh's court; nevertheless, he still
kept his office in the original granary where he
started his civil service career. Late one night,
Kalid was writing a report by the light of an oil
lamp when one of his original cats jumped up on
his desk. Some would have been startled, for most
humans still thought they were small lions or
panthers, but Kalid was used to them. Busy with
his work, he barely noticed that this cat settled
down in a meatloaf position very close to him,
then rubbed its face on his hand. Kalid was
startled, but tentatively rubbed the top of its
head. The cat closed its eyes and began to purr;
Kalid continued to rub...

This went on for some weeks, until late one
night as he was leaving, this cat jumped off of
the table and began to follow Kalid. Kalid gently
shooed the cat away, but the cat rubbed against
his leg. For reasons we will never know, Kalid
bent down and picked up the cat, who nestled
against his chest. "Mewrrrrkkkk" said the cat.
Kalid turned, blew out the oil lamp, and carried
the cat home.

In the coming weeks, all who walked by
Kalid's home marveled at the cat sunning itself on
the window sill; then the Pharaoh, hearing of this
asked Kalid for a cat for his palace. Well, my
fellow felines, the rest is history, and it all
began just feet from where you now sit...

And now, today, we gather here in this
sacred place, the cradle of Catdom, in honor of
Harri and OT, who wish to commit their lives
together before all of us.

MAU: Harri, would you please speak to O.T.,
of your commitment to him?

OT, since we met you haf alwayz respected
me and allowed me to be mine own self. In return I
haf 'spected you and haf vowed to allez allow you
to be your ownself. Many offur kitties would haf
askeded me to gif up flying, and drifin fast, and
being a TuffGirl roadcat, and doing offur fun
fings, but you has allez gone wif me. Fang you fur
dat. Since I 'spect you as much as you 'spect me I
will try to not do fun but dangerous stuffz as
often, and will allez try to be a little extra
careful. An I haf come to luf yourownself bunches
an bunches, an I nefer want to do nufing dat will
make you nerfous. I'z wants to be wif you allez.

MAU: O.T., would you please speak to Harri,
of your commitment to him?

O T takes Harri's paw, U know I izn realli
smart az urselfz so, I haff azked Mme Anaïs to
play da music anna I will sing u a song dat sayz
what I feelz. He waits for the music to begin the
still holding Harri's paw begins:

Walkz fru diz world wiff me
Go where I goez
Share all mineown dreamz wiff me,
I needz u so.
In lifez we searchez anna sum of uz fine
I looked for u a long long timez.

Anna now dat I haff foun u
New horizonz I cee,
Come takez mine paw
Anna walk fru diz world wiff me

He finishes then reaches up and rubz
Harri's left ear tenderly in their own private way
of saying "I Luff You".

MAU: Mrrrrrrk..... that is reely reely
sweet. Harri, O.T. dat wuz lovely.

[Mau signals to MeOwy and Dinky, the
collar-bearers, to approach the two with the
jeweled collars, which they bear on white satin
pillowz.

MAU: Harri, would you please place this
collar around O.T.'s neck and repeat after me.

"With this collar, I join my life with
yours..."

"With this collar, I join my life with
yours..."

"...to love you and protect you and support
you forever and ever..."

"...to love you and protect you and support
you forever and ever..."

"...through all nine of my lives on this
earth, and beyond, when we meet again at the
Rainbow Bridge."

"...through all nine of my lives on this
earth, and beyond, when we meet again at the
Rainbow Bridge."

MAU: O.T., would you please place this
collar around Harri's neck and repeat after me.

O T takes the special box he has been
carrying for months and hands it to Harri. Diz,
like da kollar Sundance gabe Tonnya wuz made by da
sekond wurld Cats. Aed said it wuz spezial and
onlee u kud be da one to open da box.

Harri takes the box with trembling paws and
slowly removes the lid. At first Harri and O T see
nothing, O T desperately searches for Aed in the
crowd. Then the one remaining sunbeam of the day
strikes the stone. The Rainbow stone bursts into
life and beams a brilliant rainbow that shines
all through the Temple and over the community cats
gathered there.

"With this collar, I join my life with
yours..."

"With this collar, I join my life with
yours..."

"...to love you and protect you and support
you forever and ever..."

"...to love you and protect you and support
you forever and ever..."

"...through all nine of my lives on this
earth, and beyond, when we meet again at the
Rainbow Bridge."

"...through all nine of my lives on this
earth, and beyond, when we meet again at the
Rainbow Bridge."

MAU: "In the name of Bast Herself and all
Catdom, I now offer the Sacred Mowsie. We honor
the Spirit of Mowsie, with whom we have lived
through the millennia, who has provided us with
food, entertainment, livelihood, and helped to
ensure our place in a hoomin-dominant world. We
honor the Spirit of Cat, from Whose Power and in
Whose Name we now share in the ancient ritual of
Cat-and-Mouse."

[Mau leaps into the air and, with a swipe
of her paw, materializes a Sacred Mowsie, not
quite flesh, but solid enough to bat around. She
bats the Sacred Mowsie to the bride and groom, who
bat it back and forth between each other, then bat
it to the wedding party, who bats it to the all
present. After everyone has participated in the
batting about of the ceremonial mowsie, Miranda
receives the mowsie and returns it to the sky,
where it transforms into a million little
particles of glowing light, raining softly down on
all present.]

"May these glowing lights bring into the
lives of the bride and groom and all present here
the blessing of a happy, long and prosperous life
together."

[Mau sits utterly still for a few seconds,
closing her eyes so that all that can be seen of
her is blackcatness. All at once, her eyes open
widely and brightly and she leaps around rapidly
three times, then falls over on her back, rolling
about and waggling her paws in the air, then leaps
back up and assumes the classical Sphinx position.
As she blinks her eyes slowly several times, her
green cateyes appear and disappear from within the
surrounding blackcatness.]

"Now that you have received the blessing of
the Ceremonial Mousie, we honor those from whom we
came, and the Creation of All Cats, with The
Ritual of the Bite and Swat. This ritual comes to
us from the very beginning of Catdom. It is
through the Ritual of the Bite and Swat that All
Cats are created. Most of us present will not be
creating new cats, but we honor the source of our
own creation and the creation of all new cats to
come by symbolically participating in this ancient
ritual. By participating, you join All Cats Past
and All Cats Future by coming together as one in
Wedwinkdom."

MAU: O.T., would you please take Harri by
the back of the neck and give her a liddle bite,
holding on till you receive the swat?"

O.T.: O.T. gently takes just the tiniest of
his beloveds fur between his teeth and waits...

MAU: "There you go, attaboy! Harri?
Whenever the moment seems right, will you signal
the Completeness of your Union by giving O.T. the
ceremonial swat?"

MAU: Attagurl! Nicely done you two!

[Mau leaps up onto the top of the Statue of
Bast, opens her robes, and reaches her front paws
upward as high as they can reach.]

MAU: In the name of Bast Herself and by the
power vested in me as High Priestess of Her
Temple, I now pronounce you BEWINKED.

Mau now turns toward the assembled cats; in
her right paw is a small golden statue of a kitten
with gleaming emerald eyes and she says " I bless
both of you, Harri and OT and this, your winking;
and I bless all of you here, and all cats
everywhere with peace, prosperity and joy. Go and
live well." And as she swipes her paw high in the
air thousands of bright star-sparkles fly from the
statue in her paw and again softly rain down on
everycat.

"Concatulations you two!" she says to Harri and
OT.

The organ swells, and Harri and OT walk back up
the aisle, paw-in-paw as their friends and
relatives throw rice.

[FIN]
--
Mrrrrrkk,

Mau, High Priestess
Temple of Bast, Egypt
Old October 17th 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:11 -0400, Mau, High
Priestess - Temple of Bast's nimble, little paws
typed:

O T takes Harri's paw, U know I izn realli
smart az urselfz so, I haff azked Mme Anaïs to
play da music anna I will sing u a song dat sayz
what I feelz. He waits for the music to begin the
still holding Harri's paw begins:

[Anaïs returns from the piano, and sits again
next to Tiger]

Awwww, snuffle-snuffle, dis iz bootiful. I luff
rowmance!

[She snuggles up next to Tiger]

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/17/2009 1:04:20 PM
Old October 17th 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T stands bside Harri as their friends come to greet them. Dat wuz
winnderfula ann Hari, ur drezz iz luflee. U iz da queen of da roadcats,
alwayz.
"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:11 -0400, Mau, High
Priestess - Temple of Bast's nimble, little paws
typed:

O T takes Harri's paw, U know I izn realli
smart az urselfz so, I haff azked Mme Anaïs to
play da music anna I will sing u a song dat sayz
what I feelz. He waits for the music to begin the
still holding Harri's paw begins:

[Anaïs returns from the piano, and sits again
next to Tiger]

Awwww, snuffle-snuffle, dis iz bootiful. I luff
rowmance!

[She snuggles up next to Tiger]

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/17/2009 1:04:20 PM

Old October 17th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

you iz romanze, Tiger howldin hiz wink, lotz kloser dan he purbli shuld

--
Have a wonderful day

Old October 17th 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Mosey sez Dat wuz a bootiful serimony. Turns to Morgana, do they hab
winking serimoniez in da Second World? He wipes his eyes with a rainbow
hankie he brot.
I am sew happee for demselfs.

Old October 18th 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee[_2_]

Pitô.ônya smyles as teerz run down hur faze (`;3
O mi, I yam sooo emprezt by diz serrymonee...
Concatyulashunz, Harri and O.T., may yu hab uh wunnerful lyfe tugedder.
turns tu Sundance like weee du, darlink.
--
Pitô.ônya

Old October 18th 09, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

[Sundance facerubs Pitoonya.]

It wuz speshul, wuznt it, Sweetee? I hope dey will be az happee az we iz.

Sundance

Old October 18th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:11 -0400, Mau, High
Priestess - Temple of Bast's nimble, little paws
typed:

The organ swells, and Harri and OT walk back up
the aisle, paw-in-paw as their friends and
relatives throw rice.

[Anaïs and Tiger hedbump OT and Harri]

Concatulations you two! [hugs]

May yoo haff a wunderful life togefur!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/17/2009 10:51:10 PM
Old October 18th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmmee

as tiger hugz ot he wizperz, dud you iz gonna be happi, juzt remfur what i
duz anna you willz be fine, you iz winked to a ladi cat whut iz smurter anna
brafur dan you iz... ifin you remfurz diz you willz be fine... at leazt
remfurin it wurkez fur minesef, tiger

--
Have a great day

Old October 18th 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Didnt owrowm orinjness luk gud, wif Sammy an me wawkin Harri up da ile to be
winked to anudder orinj kittee?

Sundance

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:11 -0400, Mau, High
Priestess - Temple of Bast's nimble, little paws
typed:

The organ swells, and Harri and OT walk back up
the aisle, paw-in-paw as their friends and
relatives throw rice.

[Anaïs and Tiger hedbump OT and Harri]

Concatulations you two! [hugs]

May yoo haff a wunderful life togefur!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/17/2009 10:51:10 PM

Harri & OT's Winking begins... Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast Cat community 18 October 17th 09 06:51 PM
the wedwink ceremony ClowderCat Cat community 68 March 30th 08 03:43 AM
wedwink ceremony Granby Cat community 0 March 19th 08 03:08 AM
The Winking: Mecurio, Phantom, and Misty [email protected] Cat community 2 October 31st 07 03:00 AM
Cats Winking Their Eyes Curse Of Millhaven Cat health & behaviour 4 July 4th 07 09:16 AM