I hate Catsan litter

Old December 29th 13, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I hate Catsan litter

My local shop was out of their own brand so I had to buy this!

First of all it's £2.99 a bag okay the own brand I usually buy is £3.45 a bag but a bag of that does both boxes and with a bit left over. This is only enough for one tray but since that was all they had I eked it out over 2 boxes by mixing it with the leftover from the other bag.

Secondly the cats seem to take enormous pleasure in using their box then kicking the stuff out the box. The stuff is like gravel! I've swept it up as much as I can (waiting til I can get the other stuff then the Dyson can clean up properly there's not much of a point diligently sweeping it up and as soon as I've done it listening to a cat throwing it all over the bathroom floor)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 29th 13, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
My local shop was out of their own brand so I had to buy this!

First of all it's £2.99 a bag okay the own brand I usually buy is £3.45 a
bag but a bag of that does both boxes and with a bit left over. This is
only enough for one tray but since that was all they had I eked it out over
2 boxes by mixing it with the leftover from the other bag.

Secondly the cats seem to take enormous pleasure in using their box then
kicking the stuff out the box. The stuff is like gravel! I've swept it up as
much as I can (waiting til I can get the other stuff then the Dyson can
clean up properly there's not much of a point diligently sweeping it up and
as soon as I've done it listening to a cat throwing it all over the bathroom
floor)

--------------
I still have a bag of catsan litter in my porch from when KFC got old and
didn't go out. Can't remember why I bought it now - she used to like the
clumping grey stuff.
No use for Boyfie, is it?
Must give it away to a shelter.

Tweed

Old December 29th 13, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

My local shop was out of their own brand so I had to buy this!

First of all it's £2.99 a bag okay the own brand I usually buy
is £3.45 a bag but a bag of that does both boxes and with a bit
left over. This is only enough for one tray but since that was
all they had I eked it out over 2 boxes by mixing it with the
leftover from the other bag.

Secondly the cats seem to take enormous pleasure in using their
box then kicking the stuff out the box. The stuff is like gravel!
I've swept it up as much as I can (waiting til I can get the other
stuff then the Dyson can clean up properly there's not much of a
point diligently sweeping it up and as soon as I've done it
listening to a cat throwing it all over the bathroom floor)

It also gets white powder everywhere as if you'd been mixing cement.
And it doesn't deodorize very well and doesn't last half as long as
other brands at the same price before you have to change it.

I wonder what it's made from? Recycled crematorium ash?

Old December 31st 13, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:33:00 PM UTC-8, Jack Campin wrote:
It also gets white powder everywhere as if you'd been mixing cement.

Tell me about it! I got some of the usual stuff so everyone's happy but my bathroom floor, I've taken the Dyson over it three times and washed it and it still looks like I mixed cement in there

Old December 31st 13, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/31/2013 11:25 AM, Lisa Katt wrote:
"jmcquown" skrev i meddelandet
On 12/31/2013 9:39 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:33:00 PM UTC-8, Jack Campin wrote:
It also gets white powder everywhere as if you'd been mixing cement.

Tell me about it! I got some of the usual stuff so everyone's happy
but my bathroom floor, I've taken the Dyson over it three times and
washed it and it still looks like I mixed cement in there

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Sounds like a horrible product! Didn't the company test market it before
they started selling it?

Last year I got to test some cat litter (well, Persia did). It came to me
in a plain white bag and after using it for a week I answered survey
questions about texture, excess dust, scent, clumping, odor control, etc.

Jill

It has been for sale for many years. I never tried it because I and my cat
prefered clumping litter.
Elisabet

I have to wonder why anyone who tested it (IF it was, at some point,
product-tested by cat owners) would like something which sounds so dusty.

Persia isn't particular about cat litter but I much prefer the clumping
litter. Sure, some of it gets on the mat under her box and on the floor
around it. It's not hard to clean up.

Persia's litterbox is in the en suite bathroom. The tub and toilet are
in a separate "room", with a tile floor. That's where her box is. The
wash vanity is in an adjacent separate area. It's *carpeted*. So yes,
some litter gets tracked there, too. But it's not at all difficult to
vaccumm her litter from either the tile or the carpet. Catsan sounds awful!

The brand I buy most often is Cat's Pride. I pay about $3.25 USD for a
10 lb. bag of clumping litter. Comparing that to other brands available
here, such as Tidy Cats and Arm & Hammer, it's a great price for a good
product.

Jill
Old January 4th 14, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

On 12/31/2013 9:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

As did KFC, so I asked about it:
"Made from unique mineral granules, composed of natural lime and quartz
sand."

It looks like big sugar crystals.
The likelihood of Boyfie using it is zero and even KFC when nearing the end
of her life would rather dodge behind the woodburner for a wee than use
Catsan.

Tweed