when is enough, enough

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 13th 03, 06:36 PM
MaryL

"Caliban" wrote in message
thlink.net...
"MaryL" wrote
"Caliban" wrote
wrote
Caliban wrote:
snip
(2) how many cats I could save down at
the shelter with the money I was
expending on a current but sadly very sick
cat.

This is really despicable of you to consider a cat disposable and
unworthy of care because of a money issue,

Do you spend all your money saving cats?

If not, your hypocrisy is despicable.

Megan is licensed to care for 25 cats, and she currently is at the

maximum
of 25. Most of these cats were abused, neglected or feral when she

adopted
them. She gave me a tremendous amount of help when I adopted Duffy, and

know enough about her circumstances to say that she really does spend

almost
all of her resources on the care of these cats. Several of them are
undergoing very expensive care at this moment -- care that she gives

them
even though this means that she must deprive herself of many things that
most of us would consider to be basic.

Assuming this is true, do you think that's fair to ask every cat owner to

do
this?

Actually, I was responding to your inference that she was being hypocritical
if she didn't spend all her money on cats. She clearly can't spend "all"
her money on the care of cats, but she comes as close to it as anyone I
know.

I hoped that she would
send information (which she did) because the amount of cost listed here
sounds unreasonable to me. I don't think most veterinary care for

diabetic
cats would even approach the amounts that have been charged to the OP.

Following up on my own statement: I amount charged for care appears to be
incredibly high -- "outrageous," in fact.