A cross post but wonderful

Old September 8th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default A cross post but wonderful

A wonderful "cat" lady on rpca posted this and I thought it was well worth
reposting here.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or "that's
a lot of money for just a cat." They don't understand the
distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a
cat."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a cat."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a cat," but I did not
once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been spent with "just a cat," and in those
days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a cat" gave me comfort and
reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a cat," then you will probably understand
phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise" or "just a promise."

"Just a cat" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and
pure unbridled joy.

"Just a cat" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better
person. Because of "just a cat" I will rise early, take long walks and look
longingly to the future.

So for me and the folks like me, it's not "just a cat" but an
embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond
memories of the past, and the
pure joy of the moment.

"Just a cat" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from
myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a cat" but the
thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a person."

Author, unknown

Old September 9th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stampir

That was a nice post.

"Granby" wrote in message
A wonderful "cat" lady on rpca posted this and I thought it was well worth
reposting here.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
"that's a lot of money for just a cat." They don't understand the

Old September 9th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

In article , says...
A wonderful "cat" lady on rpca posted this and I thought it was well worth
reposting here.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or "that's
[...]

Dis wuz beeyootifurl. Fangu fur postin' itzownself.

--- Onyx, who's known all along he's not "just a cat"...

Old September 11th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Granby"
A wonderful "cat" lady on rpca posted this and I thought it was well worth
reposting here.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
[...]

Dat iz jest bootiful Gramby.
Fangu yew fur posting dat.
What wuz ritten iz sew troo.
Iam proud to be 'just a cat'
Sew iz my other catmates in our house.
Love n a nosepoink
Mosey n Pookie, Pipps n Sqweex

Old September 15th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran

Thank you so much for cross posting. I've not seen before and it is indeed
a wonderful post.

Fran

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply