Despite the cold . . .

Old March 30th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

Default Despite the cold . . .

The crocuses are up on my backyard. Sort of up. Because, despite the cold,
there is a big gray tomcat who has gone to sleep in the middle of them.
This is a MAJOR sign of spring-- some cat bedding down on my flowers. :P

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 31st 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...
The crocuses are up on my backyard. Sort of up. Because, despite the
cold, there is a big gray tomcat who has gone to sleep in the middle of
them. This is a MAJOR sign of spring-- some cat bedding down on my
flowers. :P

I just love it when the snowdrops are out in my garden, and the crocuses
follow soon after. It gives me hope of warner weather to come!
Snowdrops & crocuses are finished here, now the daffodils, violets and
grape hyacinths are out :-))
I have allowed violets to seed themselves in the cracks in my block paving
on the drive and all round the front door. They look fabulous atm. They
cheer me up every time I get home from work.

Tweed

Old April 1st 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
The crocuses are up on my backyard. Sort of up. Because, despite the
cold, there is a big gray tomcat who has gone to sleep in the middle of
them. This is a MAJOR sign of spring-- some cat bedding down on my
flowers. :P

There is hope here, too, of spring coming. Yesterday was a very warm and
sunny day, and a lot of the snow melted. Maybe it will have melted
enough soon for the crocuses to start growing. No stray cats around
here, though.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 1st 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Marina wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
The crocuses are up on my backyard. Sort of up. Because, despite the
cold, there is a big gray tomcat who has gone to sleep in the middle
of them. This is a MAJOR sign of spring-- some cat bedding down on my
flowers. :P

There is hope here, too, of spring coming. Yesterday was a very warm and
sunny day, and a lot of the snow melted. Maybe it will have melted
enough soon for the crocuses to start growing. No stray cats around
here, though.

The snow from our last two (5" each)storms was mostly gone. Today we
have another snow storm -- so far about an inch. TuTu is sleeping by a
heat register -- to celebrate her 12th birthday. MLB
Old April 1st 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

so far its been warm for two days, and thankfully i haven't heard any cats
outside in a while, and why did i think you lived in Florida? Lee

Old April 3rd 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

"MLB" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
The crocuses are up on my backyard. Sort of up. Because, despite the
cold, there is a big gray tomcat who has gone to sleep in the middle of
them. This is a MAJOR sign of spring-- some cat bedding down on my
flowers. :P

There is hope here, too, of spring coming. Yesterday was a very warm and
sunny day, and a lot of the snow melted. Maybe it will have melted enough
soon for the crocuses to start growing. No stray cats around here,
though.

The snow from our last two (5" each)storms was mostly gone. Today we have
another snow storm -- so far about an inch. TuTu is sleeping by a heat
register -- to celebrate her 12th birthday. MLB

If I remember correctly, you live in the Seattle area (is this right?)
So when the northwest gets big storms, they often move to the
Intermountain area. I live in northern Utah and we have stormy weather
-- snow expected tonight. As I have said many times" we have two kinds
of weather: too hot and too cold. Best wishes for Spring. MLB