Bad kitty

Old October 8th 04, 01:55 AM
Laila

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:44:59 GMT, "Mary"
wrote:

"Teddy" wrote in message
Bad kitty-I have a 1 1/2 year old declawed male neutered cat that I've had

for about a year. It attacks me, biting hard, briing blood. I can't get him
to stop. I've tried spraying with water, swatting with a single sheet of
newspaper, yelling, etc. PLease give me an idea how to reform him. I'm about
ready to give up. Thanks Desperate Cat Owner

He bites because he is declawed and feels defenseless. You can train him not
to bite, but it will take some effort. First, what are you doing when he
bites you?

the biting could also be the only way he thinks he can get attention.
Shaina bites when she is hungry and i am not delivering food fast
enough. she doesnt' bite hard at all. she also bites when she is
being handled when she doesn't want to. it only takes one or two
times to say "SHAINA", make a scary face and point at her, for her to
stop. she has her claws, but she never uses them on us.

-L
"Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination."

"A good philosopher is one who does not take ideas seriously."

"If the world is irrational, we can never know it--either it or its irrationality."

"Humility is a virtue when you have no other."

"The more fantastic an ideology or theology, the more fanatic are its adherents."

"The missionaries go forth to Christianize the savages--as if the savages weren't dangerous enough already."

"If the end does not justify the means--what can?"

"Reason has seldom failed us because it has seldom been tried."

"Is there a God? Who knows? Is there an angry unicorn on the dark side of the moon?"

"Whatever we cannot easily understand we call God; this saves much wear and tear on the brain tissues."

"Christian theology: nothing so grotesque could possibly be true."

"Only a fool is astonished by the foolishness of mankind."

"I hate intellectual discussion. When I hear the words `phenomenology' or `structuralism', I reach for my buck knife."

"When I hear the word `culture', I reach for my checkbook."

"From the point of view of a tapeworm, man was created by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm."

"What's the difference between the Lone Ranger and God? There really is a Lone Ranger."

"What did Jesus say to the headwaiter at the Last Supper? `Separate checks, please.'"

"Every analysis leaves a residue of the unknown; this we call God or Karma or--depending on time and place--the UFO. (Unidentified ****ing Object)."

"Every man has two vocations: his own and philosophy."

"Through logic and inference we can prove anything. Therefore, logic and inference, in contrast to ordinary daily living experience, are secondary instruments of knowledge. Probably tertiary."

"Proverbs save us the trouble of thinking. What we call folk wisdom is often no more than a kind of expedient stupidity."

"Appearance *versus* reality? Appearance *is* reality, God damn it!"

"In both metaphysics and art, honesty is the best policy. Keep it clean."

"Mormonism: Nothing so hilarious could possibly be true. Or all bad."

"Nothing could be more reckless than to base one's moral philosophy on the latest pronouncements of science."

"My cousin Elroy spent seven years as an IBM taper staring at THINK signs on the walls before he finally got a good idea: He quit."

"My computer tells me that in twenty-five years there will be no more computers."

"We are all ONE, say the gurus. Aye, I might agree--but one WHAT?"

"Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and the hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward."

"God is love? Not bloody likely."
"Metaphysics is a cobweb that the mind weaves around things."

"The world is older and bigger than we are. This is a hard truth for some folks to swallow."

"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense. But men of intellect will believe anything-- if it appeals to their ego, their vanity, their sense of self-importance."

"What ideal, immutable Platonic cloud could equal the beauty and perfection of any ordinary everyday cloud floating over, say, Tuba City, Arizona, on a hot day in June?"

"Zen: the sound of the ax chopping. Chopping logic."

"The function of an ideal is not to be realized but, like that of the North Star, to serve as a guiding point."

"This world may be only illusion--but it's the only illusion we've got."

"Is a mirage real? Well, it's a real mirage."

"Truth is merely common sense, say the naive realist. Really? Then where, precisely, is the location of--a rainbow? In the air? In the eye? In between? Or somewhere else?"
Old October 8th 04, 02:01 AM
Laila

wrote:

He bites because he is declawed and feels defenseless. You can train him not
to bite, but it will take some effort. First, what are you doing when he
bites you?

oh, speaking of biting, my little fuzzy has new canines. she looked
like a little kitten vampire when her upper canines were changing.
she had 2 kitten canines and 2 cat canines coming in.

Old October 8th 04, 03:00 AM
Diane L. Schirf

In article ,
"Mary" wrote:

"Teddy" wrote in message
Bad kitty-I have a 1 1/2 year old declawed male neutered cat that I've

P.S.--Kitty is not "bad." The Nazi ass who declawed Kitty, on the other
hand, is worse than bad.

I wonder if that's why Hodge bites, or if he bit and clawed when he had
claws, and that's why his previous owner had him declawed. (They
abandoned him.) It's hard to tell without the history.

--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/

Old October 8th 04, 03:01 AM
Diane L. Schirf

wrote:

"Teddy" wrote in message
[...]

I think "Teddy's" talking about serious, aggressive biting (the kind
Hodge does). It breaks the skin and draws blood, and if I hadn't gotten
pretty good at handling him, he wouldn't let go. Not nipping to get
attention at all.

--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/

Old October 8th 04, 03:20 AM
MacCandace

First, what are you doing when he bites you?

She said...she smacks him, sprays him, and yells at him. So she not only
mutilated him, she continues to abuse him. I'd say "troll," but it seems as
though this person has posted here previously. I don't care enough to Google
them, though.

Quit abusing your cat. None of the punishments you are inflicting on him will
be effective to stop him from biting and will only make him fear and resent you
even more. You hurt this cat by declawing him, now stop doing more of it to
him and learn to effectively train him. I don't know how, I never mutilated a
cat.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)