baby wipes?

Old February 23rd 05, 09:08 PM
dragon

Yes. Baby wipes contain potentially-toxic chemicals that your cat
could ingest as he grooms himself. How about a damp tissue or
washcloth instead?

dragon

Old February 23rd 05, 09:19 PM
Elizabeth Blake

"dragon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes. Baby wipes contain potentially-toxic chemicals that your cat
could ingest as he grooms himself. How about a damp tissue or
washcloth instead?

dragon

I'm glad this topic came up. I keep a box of baby wipes in the bathroom and
have used them on Tiger. She's almost 15 years old, and she only uses the
box for urination once a day. She's done this her whole life. Since she
uses the box only once a day, when she goes she REALLY goes. She tends to
sit her butt right down in the litter and as a result her backside can get
soaked with urine, and then litter sticks to it. When she gets really wet I
use a big handful of toilet paper but when it's just a small area I had been
grabbing a wipe. I'll just stick with the toilet paper from now on.

--
Liz

Old February 23rd 05, 10:46 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1109187565.a4b6e5f8e637c97a707dc9cfb1152c60@t eranews...
Phil P. wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in
message

I figure if they're safe for
baby, they're safe for kitty.

A baby's hemoglobin doesn't contain *eight* sulfhydryl reactive
groups as does a cat's hemoglobin which makes feline hemoglobin
highly susceptible to oxidation.

Child sodium phosphate retention enemas such as Fleet Enemas are
also extremely toxic and potentially fatal to cats because they
cause severe electrolyte imbalances and life-threatening
hypocalcemia.

Phil

I'm really impressed by your knowledge. Truly. But what does it
have to do with Huggies Natural wipes?

I was commenting on your foolish assumption: "I figure if they're safe for
baby, they're safe for kitty". Do you also assume baby foods containing
onions are also safe for baby....?

The other thing is, babies do not lick their butts. At least no
babies I have ever seen.

Old February 23rd 05, 10:57 PM
kitkat

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

Actually, this issue is like the onion issue. Everyone had done a
"Henny Penny" about the most miniscule amount of onion making cats
drop dead on the spot.

I will admit that the state of mind I am in with Jasper and his
health...I dropped everything and cancelled my appointment to tutor
someone after work so I could run home and make sure Jasper was okay. As
I was driving, I thought to myself he probably could not have licked
enough bad stuff off him from one or two wipes with the baby wipe to
make him sick. Nonetheless, I got really nervous!

So, I am home. Jasper is fine. And it looks like he did some eating
today. Whew!

I feel kinda bad about the tutoring appointment, but hey. What can ya
do? I lied and said I didn't feel good because I didn't want to say that
my real reason for cancelling was to drive home and make sure my cat
wasnt dead.

:\

Pam
Old February 23rd 05, 11:04 PM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote:

So, I am home. Jasper is fine. And it looks like he did some eating
today. Whew!

Yea, Jasper! I've been thinking about you two. No more leaky kitty
butt?

Old February 23rd 05, 11:05 PM
Phil P.

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1109199116.93a0bf85e764ea0042b1811956e96eb8@t eranews...
Phil P. wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

I was commenting on your foolish assumption: "I figure if they're
safe for baby, they're safe for kitty". Do you also assume baby
foods containing onions are also safe for baby....?

Actually, umm... yeah.

I see you don't have the intelligence to recognize a typo when you see one.
So I'll correct it:

Do you also assume baby foods containing onions are also safe for cat....?

Old February 23rd 05, 11:07 PM
kitkat

Mary wrote:
"kitkat" wrote:

So, I am home. Jasper is fine. And it looks like he did some eating
today. Whew!

Yea, Jasper! I've been thinking about you two. No more leaky kitty
butt?

Oh, the butt is still leaky. Ick!

Heh, it seems Luna has taken a fancy to Jasper's low residue dry food.
That is the stuff they sent me home with, btw. Eukanuba (not Iam's as I
had stated before) low residue canned food. I also asked for some of the
same stuff in the dry version, even though Jasper doesnt usually eat dry
food. I did see him munching it when he was in the hospital, so I
figured it was a good thing to leave for him during the day. He needs to
eat!

Pam
Old February 23rd 05, 11:08 PM
Phil P.

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1109196996.18cf217aeddef746de8d2a3a854f27bb@t eranews...
[...]

Your were commenting on only a portion of what I wrote, snipping the
specific product I mentioned just before the statement.

The product is *irrelevant*. I was commenting on your asinine *reasoning*
for assuming that *any* product is safe for a cat simply because its safe
for baby.

I wasn't commenting on any particular product -

I know that. You would not have otherwise been able to indulge your
insecurities by being a know-it-all.

Just about everyone in this group is a "know-it-all" compared to you! LOL!
You couldn't even teach your cat where to scratch or learn how to trim her
claws! So you made your cat paid for your ignorance and ineptness with her
blood and bones.

But the fact remains, that I
*was* commenting on a specific product that you snipped.

....and I was commenting on your dangerous and asinine reasoning that if *a*
product is a safe for a baby its safe for a cat.

LOL! I'll leave the showing off to you since you love showing off
your well trained gaping asshole.

Oh, well, you certainly hurt my feeling and sent my credibility up
in flames.

You have a lot of credibility in peep shows and porn theaters, but not much
when it comes to cats... Have you maimed any more cats recently?

Gee,

if you can't win on facts and intelligent discourse,

Ahhh, butt I did win with facts and intelligent discourse. You just refuse
to accept your reasoning is ludicrous. You should *never* ASSume *any*
product is safe for a cat just because its safe for a baby.

throw in sexual

acts and body parts.

You did bring "showing off" up, did you not? That's what you show off, is
it not?

Old February 23rd 05, 11:26 PM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote in message
m...
Mary wrote:
"kitkat" wrote:

So, I am home. Jasper is fine. And it looks like he did some eating
today. Whew!

Yea, Jasper! I've been thinking about you two. No more leaky kitty
butt?

Oh, the butt is still leaky. Ick!

Aww.

Heh, it seems Luna has taken a fancy to Jasper's low residue dry food.
That is the stuff they sent me home with, btw. Eukanuba (not Iam's as I
had stated before) low residue canned food. I also asked for some of the
same stuff in the dry version, even though Jasper doesnt usually eat dry
food. I did see him munching it when he was in the hospital, so I
figured it was a good thing to leave for him during the day. He needs to
eat!

Shall I do the Eat Jasper, Eat dance? After all, judging from the looks
of this place it must be a full moon, and the kitty gods are especially
receptive during the full moon.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:39 PM
kitkat

Mary wrote:
"kitkat" wrote in message
m...

Mary wrote:

"kitkat" wrote:

[...]

Hey, we'll take whatever we can get...even if it is some wacko doing the
Eat Jasper, Eat dance.

I did feed him some plain chicken breast when I got home. That seems to
be what he wants most. People food. (that we can thank his previous
owner for!) But fortuantely they did tell me I could feed him that, so I
am going to. While gone today, I left him quite a bit of food...all of
which he sampled. He had multiple bowls for the choosing. 1. the low
residue dry kibble, 2. a mixture of turkey baby food and the wet low
residue food, 3. a dollop of beef baby food and 4. a dollop of chicken
baby food. LOL. I should have labeled the damn baby food as I cant
tell if it was the chicken or the beef he prefered. One was barely
touched, but at the end of the day, that crap all looks the same.

Pam