Dan finally admits that he lied!

Old July 13th 05, 07:53 PM
Glitter Ninja

Default Dan finally admits that he lied!

From: Dan M

that update is released, I am not going to feel pressured by Mary or
anyone else to see that cat put into a situation that is not appropriate
for him.

Does anyone know exactly what it was that Dan objected to? Or
specifically why people who want to adopt Conan have been turned down?
I've read speculations but nothing definite.

I've given up hope of Mary or the other hate-mongers thinking about what's
best for the cat, as well as hope of them ever starting to behave like
rational grown adults.

I don't know if Dan will read this, but I think the issue is that
people secretly took it upon themselves to judge those who wanted to
adopt Conan. If you judge someone, you're going to cause hurt feelings,
and Dan or any other "rational grown adult" should know this. The
result is that Conan still doesn't have a home, that we know of, which
gets more people's dander up.
I'm at a loss as to why Dan doesn't understand the reasons people are
upset. Not understanding the degree to which they got upset, maybe, but
otherwise this seems pretty obvious.

Stacia

Old July 13th 05, 09:43 PM
Karen

Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls. I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating. That was BEFORE the (OMG *GASP* NO) resuce of Conan from the
KILL shelter. If you are going to kiss and tell. Tell all yourself.

Old July 13th 05, 09:59 PM
Wendy

"Karen" wrote in message
Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls. I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating. That was BEFORE the (OMG *GASP* NO) resuce of Conan from
the
KILL shelter. If you are going to kiss and tell. Tell all yourself.

He also didn't say that he knew who was communicating with him BEFORE he
went for Conan. Maybe it was the same people who were calling the shelter
and trying to put the kibosh on the whole rescue NOT Mary or anyone that was
trying to work with her to rescue this cat. It makes no logical sense
otherwise. What possible motive would Mary have to threaten Dan at that
point.

Dan didn't stop communicating at that point either. He wove that wonderful
story about getting to the shelter too late and then he stopped
communicating. Ya know a simple, I got the cat, I'm being threatened and
don't want any further involvement and a mail rule blocking incoming would
have done the trick without the drama and still maintained credibility.

But that's just my 2¢

Old July 13th 05, 10:03 PM
Mary

From: Dan M

[...]

And what has made me a "hate monger?" That I caught him in a lie?
All I have ever done to Dan was contribute to the vet fund for his cat
Harri and have money sent to him to get Conan out of the shelter.
When Monica revealed that Dan had lied to us, I asked him about it
via a very polite email that I also sent to Rhonda, Tracy, and Charlie.

When he would not answer I sent a simple email to him saying
"It seems I misjudged you. There was no reason to be dishonest."

Then, before I ever posted anything publically I emailed him this
simple message: "I gave you a chance to discuss it privately. Now
you can do it in public."

That was IT. I called him once to let him know I would have
money sent to him, and then asked if I could call him the day
of the pick-up, at about 11 his time, which is when he said
he would have Conan. I called him probably six times in a
two hour period, left one message merely saying " I am
worried, hope you and Conan are okay." He is now saying
I sent him threatening emails and make threatening calls? Why
would I do that when he was doing me a favor for which I
was grateful?

He has to be sick. I hate to say it, but he honestly must be.
He is also saying that I post under other email addresses and
I never, ever do. In fact the two times I changed my emails
I announced it in both groups so people could adjust their
killfiles. And that was months ago.

This is beginning to tickle me.

Old July 13th 05, 10:10 PM
Mary

"Karen" wrote in message
Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls. I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating. That was BEFORE the (OMG *GASP* NO) resuce of Conan from
the
KILL shelter. If you are going to kiss and tell. Tell all yourself.

Will you use your bubble head for a minute, Chuplis? Why would anyone in our
group make threatening calls or emails to Dan before the rescue? We were all
grateful to him for volunteering to get the cat.

This is yet another very bad and very unbelievable lie that Dan is laying
on us.

Old July 13th 05, 10:17 PM
Mary

"Karen" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

I only know my personal experiences with Mary over the space of a year or
two on internet and I find her completely unstable in her with her switch
and bait tactics. She has also tried to intimidate me with posting in such
way as to let me know that SHE knows personal information about me. Would
she act on it? Maybe not, but I know that she regularly uses this type of
pyschological strong arming. IMO there is little difference between her
and
what she is complaining about in regards to others. I"m sorry, but in MY
experience with her, well, let's just say I wouldn't trust her as far as I
could throw her and I don't blame Dan for beginning to get leary once odd
things started happening.

What amazes me is how while everybody *talks* as though they are worried
about Conan and one has to wonder. He is NOT going to be euthanized, he
will
find a home that is going to be apparently better than good -(considering
what we do know about this situation) and the goal was achieved. But
people
can't seem to focus on THAT at all. Instead they are just SCAAAANdalized
about everything. Hello? What is the truly bottom line important thing?
Conan is OK. I"m sorry, but wherever he is being boarded is probably
leagues
better than a **county kill shelter** and a home is being actively sought.
would think that is what should matter.

Karen. Honey. I am sorry you are so stupid. You got mad at me for telling
Tanada (Pam S.) that all she had to do was remove rpca from the groups line
if she did not want crossposts there--at the time when Grant was dying.

The rest is just the same old bull****. You know better, but you won't back
down. You know that you are wrong--and that neither you nor anyone else
here or anywhere has any reason to mistrust me--but you will never admit
it. You lack character. It's not a crime, but I feel sad for you.

Old July 13th 05, 10:19 PM
Karen

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

and bait tactics. She has also tried to intimidate me with posting in such a
[...]

better than a **county kill shelter** and a home is being actively sought. I
would think that is what should matter.

Old July 13th 05, 10:25 PM
Mary

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls. I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating. That was BEFORE the (OMG *GASP* NO) resuce of Conan from
the
KILL shelter. If you are going to kiss and tell. Tell all yourself.

He also didn't say that he knew who was communicating with him BEFORE he
went for Conan. Maybe it was the same people who were calling the shelter
and trying to put the kibosh on the whole rescue NOT Mary or anyone that
was trying to work with her to rescue this cat. It makes no logical sense
otherwise. What possible motive would Mary have to threaten Dan at that
point.

Threaten him? I was so grateful to him for getting Conan out of there I was
in tears most of the night before he went to get him.

Dan didn't stop communicating at that point either. He wove that wonderful
story about getting to the shelter too late and then he stopped
communicating. Ya know a simple, I got the cat, I'm being threatened and
don't want any further involvement and a mail rule blocking incoming would
have done the trick without the drama and still maintained credibility.

But that's just my 2¢

It is true. And I have never, ever gotten ugly with Dan, via email, via
the newsgroup, or via telephone. He knows this, that is what makes it
worse. He is accusing me of posting via other emails, and I do not ever
do that. It is totally nuts. I have to laugh about it. It's just wild.

Old July 13th 05, 10:31 PM
Trish

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

My guess is Dan finally grew balls and fessed up because the pressure is too
much for him. He has no idea what to do with Conan. Monica can't help much
being in Canada and as he said he's got stuff happening (real or imaginary).
He needs his bumbuddies over at rpca to nurse him, but that's difficult when
the storms are brewing. So, instead of being a man and saying listen guys I
messed up, I got caught up in a dirty scheme but I'll do what's right now,
he concocted a bull**** story about threatening phone calls and e-mails.
Spineless. Who knows maybe he's in need of more cash for whatnot and is
having a pity party of one in hopes that donations will start flying his way
again. It must be hard being pimped out to do someone else's dirty work for
free.