Dan finally admits that he lied!

Old July 13th 05, 10:31 PM
Wendy

"Karen" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls. I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating. That was BEFORE the (OMG *GASP* NO) resuce of Conan from
the
KILL shelter. If you are going to kiss and tell. Tell all yourself.

He also didn't say that he knew who was communicating with him BEFORE he
went for Conan. Maybe it was the same people who were calling the shelter
and trying to put the kibosh on the whole rescue NOT Mary or anyone that

was
trying to work with her to rescue this cat. It makes no logical sense
otherwise. What possible motive would Mary have to threaten Dan at that
point.

Dan didn't stop communicating at that point either. He wove that
wonderful
story about getting to the shelter too late and then he stopped
communicating. Ya know a simple, I got the cat, I'm being threatened and
don't want any further involvement and a mail rule blocking incoming
would
have done the trick without the drama and still maintained credibility.

But that's just my 2¢

I only know my personal experiences with Mary over the space of a year or
two on internet and I find her completely unstable in her with her switch
and bait tactics. She has also tried to intimidate me with posting in such
way as to let me know that SHE knows personal information about me. Would
she act on it? Maybe not, but I know that she regularly uses this type of
pyschological strong arming. IMO there is little difference between her
and
what she is complaining about in regards to others. I"m sorry, but in MY
experience with her, well, let's just say I wouldn't trust her as far as I
could throw her and I don't blame Dan for beginning to get leary once odd
things started happening.

What amazes me is how while everybody *talks* as though they are worried
about Conan and one has to wonder. He is NOT going to be euthanized, he
will
find a home that is going to be apparently better than good -(considering
what we do know about this situation) and the goal was achieved. But
people
can't seem to focus on THAT at all. Instead they are just SCAAAANdalized
about everything. Hello? What is the truly bottom line important thing?
Conan is OK. I"m sorry, but wherever he is being boarded is probably
leagues
better than a **county kill shelter** and a home is being actively sought.
would think that is what should matter.

The problem with him being boarded is that it's not somewhere people
normally look when they are interested in adopting a cat. I'd rather see him
in a no kill shelter where he could be seen and then totally neutral people
would be vetting prospective adopters.

Old July 13th 05, 10:33 PM
Trish

"Karen" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

You should try loosening your buttplug a little, it's affecting your
thinking

Old July 13th 05, 10:35 PM
Wendy

"Mary" wrote in message ...

"Karen" wrote in message
Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls. I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating. That was BEFORE the (OMG *GASP* NO) resuce of Conan from
the
KILL shelter. If you are going to kiss and tell. Tell all yourself.

Will you use your bubble head for a minute, Chuplis? Why would anyone in
our
group make threatening calls or emails to Dan before the rescue? We were
all
grateful to him for volunteering to get the cat.

This is yet another very bad and very unbelievable lie that Dan is laying
on us.

If I read correctly, Dan isn't laying this on anyone. The OP are making
assumptions.

"And since I can't be absolutely sure who is responsible for the threatening
messages, I'm just not sharing info with anyone"

Old July 13th 05, 10:36 PM
Mary

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

such a
[...]

sought. I
would think that is what should matter.

The problem with him being boarded is that it's not somewhere people
normally look when they are interested in adopting a cat. I'd rather see
him in a no kill shelter where he could be seen and then totally neutral
people would be vetting prospective adopters.

Dan offered to try to get him into the Redlands no-kill shelter if we could
not
find him a home right away. I wonder if he even tried.

Old July 13th 05, 10:42 PM
Alison

"Karen" wrote in message

I only know my personal experiences with Mary over the space of a

year or
two on internet and I find her completely unstable in her with her

switch
and bait tactics. She has also tried to intimidate me with posting

in such a
way as to let me know that SHE knows personal information about me.

Would
she act on it? Maybe not, but I know that she regularly uses this

type of
pyschological strong arming. IMO there is little difference between

her and
what she is complaining about in regards to others. I"m sorry, but

in MY
experience with her, well, let's just say I wouldn't trust her as

far as I
could throw her and I don't blame Dan for beginning to get leary

once odd
things started happening.

Yup nodding
Alison

Old July 13th 05, 10:50 PM
Mary

"Trish" wrote in message
.. .

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

My guess is Dan finally grew balls and fessed up because the pressure is
too
much for him. He has no idea what to do with Conan. Monica can't help
much
being in Canada and as he said he's got stuff happening (real or
imaginary).
He needs his bumbuddies over at rpca to nurse him, but that's difficult
when
the storms are brewing. So, instead of being a man and saying listen guys
messed up, I got caught up in a dirty scheme but I'll do what's right now,
he concocted a bull**** story about threatening phone calls and e-mails.
Spineless. Who knows maybe he's in need of more cash for whatnot and is
having a pity party of one in hopes that donations will start flying his
way
again. It must be hard being pimped out to do someone else's dirty work
for
free.

Who wants to start a new fund? The Get Dan Mental Help for his
Pathological Lying Fund.

I pledge $200.

Old July 13th 05, 10:54 PM
Meghan Noecker

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:43:10 -0500, "Karen"
wrote:

Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls. I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating. That was BEFORE the (OMG *GASP* NO) resuce of Conan from the
KILL shelter. If you are going to kiss and tell. Tell all yourself.

Really? Why would somebody threaten him? Especially before the rescue?

He sounded pretty cheerful the night before when he emailed me.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old July 13th 05, 10:56 PM
Karen

From: "Karen"

Well, take a look at his follow up post. He started getting threatening
letters and phone calls.

NO! He SAYS He started getting threatening letters and phone calls.
He also SAID he never picked up the cat from the shelter.
Now he's trying to BS his way out of the hole he dug himself into.
I haven't seen this much SPIN put on something since I watched
the Wimbledon finals last week.

I'd say he was absolutely right to just stop
communicating.

Does that really make sense to you?

Look, anything makes sense to me when dealing with the whacko Mary. Maybe
you haven't been reading her posts as long as I have but believe me, the
woman flips on a dime from friendly to screaming hellcat over, well, pretty
much anything. I"ve seen it happen MULTIPLE times online. So, yeah, where
she is concerned, it *could* make absolute sense. If she doesn't like that
it's too bad because it is her own past behaviour that makes me so leery of
everything she posts. On the other hand, for the same amount of time I've
been reading Dan and he's as stable as she is nuts. So from my OWN
experience with the two people over an extended period of time, on usenet
I'd take Dan's word over Mary's word anyday.

Old July 13th 05, 10:56 PM
Karen

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

And just how do you know who is and is not seeing Conan?