Intruder in the night

Old November 4th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Intruder in the night

wrote in message
Cheryl P. wrote:

I almost hope Ginger does come back, and is taken to TED, or to a
charity that will do the deed.

I wonder, if Tweed were to take him to be neutered, kept him isolated for
a day or so until he's all recovered, and then just let him go back home,
would his humans even notice that anything has changed, physically?

Yeah, right ;-) The cat was a whirling dervish for one thing. There is no
way in the world he would let me anywhere near him.
Besides which he was in such lovely condition, he looked "brand new" that
I'm sure he's owned and I'm not about to kidnap someone's cat and secretly
neuter it, no matter how much I think it ought to be done. I regard it as
unethical.
My view might change if it becomes apparent by him hanging around and
becoming thinner that he is lost, like Boyfie was, but since then I have
seen "neither hide nor hair of him" as my grandmother used to say. He made
a serious error of judgment is all. Don't most teenagers do that at some
stage? g
He was a really beautiful cat to look at. Short haired, bright orange stripy
body, pristine white front, all four feet white and a nice white stripe up
the middle of his face. He looked freshly minted from the mould of the most
attractive cats in the world, if you know what I mean.
Boyfie has pretty well recovered from the shock of his visit now. He likes
to lead a quiet and ordered life with meals at set times, plenty of
wandering on rat patrol if he chooses saying hi to passing cats, a bit of
mousing etc, access to spare bed if it's raining or cold. Definitely no
arguments or fighting, they don't exist in his world. Although he did give
a good account of himself, as there was some ginger and white fur in the
kitchen too.
Poor lad was really shocked to the core to be made to fight in his own house
and having his collar ripped off over his head.
I'm glad that there was no sign that KFC had fought with the intruder. She
really isn't up to it now although two years ago she would have thrashed him
like she did "The Enemy" that black cat that used to come after Boyfie. He
entered the house only once, similar scenario. Black cat up the walls,
furious 4lb kitty after him. It spilled over outside and she was on his
back and rolling him around. He was twice her size at least, but attitude
is all. I do still see him occasionally but he daren't even set foot where
KFC might be. He doesn't know she's retired ;-)

Tweed
P.S. It was The Enemy's owners that took KFC in when she was wandering
confused early this year and took her to their TED.

Old November 4th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl P. wrote:

Some people don't seem to examine the back ends of cats very often or
very well.

I was told by the woman trying to find Sam a home that he was neutered.
he is a shorthaired cat and was at least a year old (according to TED)
when I adopted him. After a single glance, I was certain he wasn't
neutered, and I am not a TED, and had previously lived with female cats
and so had little experience with male cats. It's not hard to identify
an intact male cat at a glance, at least as long as it doesn't have very
long fur hiding its shape, but not everyone looks closely or, if they
do, can tell the difference!

And some of us have male cats who wouldn't think of allowing a human
to examine his nether regions, unless he's forcibly held down (ie, by
a vet). Until I brought Licky to the vet early this year for cystitis,
I was just taking it on faith that he was a boy.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 4th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

He looked freshly minted from the mould of the most
attractive cats in the world, if you know what I mean.

That's a line for my quote file - I love it!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 4th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

He was a really beautiful cat to look at. Short haired, bright orange
stripy body, pristine white front, all four feet white and a nice white
stripe up the middle of his face. He looked freshly minted from the
mould of the most attractive cats in the world, if you know what I mean.

Your orange intruder cat sounds an awful lot like Sammy. Add a white tail-
tip and I would think you were talking about his twin brother.
Old November 4th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Dan M" wrote in message
He was a really beautiful cat to look at. Short haired, bright orange
stripy body, pristine white front, all four feet white and a nice white
stripe up the middle of his face. He looked freshly minted from the
mould of the most attractive cats in the world, if you know what I mean.

Your orange intruder cat sounds an awful lot like Sammy. Add a white tail-
tip and I would think you were talking about his twin brother.

Didn't notice his tail tip when he was destroying the house ;-) Did notice
the ginger nuts before he rushed out of the window.. He was very beautiful
anyway (says she, after putting the house to rights for 4 hours)
II doubt I will see him again. He now knows he was stupid.

Tweed

Ticking intruder Marina Cat anecdotes 8 May 18th 08 04:29 PM
Trudi the intruder Stormmee Cat anecdotes 10 December 16th 06 10:23 PM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM
Intruder alert! jemifur Cat anecdotes 10 November 11th 04 12:23 AM