A Joke

Old November 4th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default A Joke

Ummmm the tie dye thing is back. Spent part of Saturday with granddaughters
doing t shirts Now, they paint vinbes and leaves on the parts that remain
white. Too much for me.
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

From: ScratchMonkey

LOL, about 5 years early, I suspect. I got to MIT in 1980, left in 85. I
lived in Bexley (across the street from the main entrance). Wild guess:
You
were East Campus, right? (For the lurkers, those two dorms were the
"hippy" dorms.) I was a 6.3.

I was out of there in'79.
I never lived in the asylum, though. I shared a house with three
strippers (A story, in and of, itself).
And, goddamit, I was never a "hippy".

LIAR ;-) you still got a tie dye in your closet

Old November 4th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

ScratchMonkey wrote:

Tie dies are what the Hahvahd types wore. At MIT, we wore Mandelbrot and
Julian sets.

Harvard is up the Charles River from MIT, so we referred to it as UpChuck
River Community College.

Halfway between the two universities, on Massachusetts Avenue (which
everyone calls "Mass Av" for short) was a Purity Supreme Supermarket (often
referred to as the Poverty Supreme). One day a guy shows up at the Quick
Check aisle with a cart load of groceries. The checker balefully looks the
guy in the eye, points at the "15 items only" sign, and says "You're either
from Harvard and you can't count, or you're from MIT and you can't read."

Ha! Thanks for the blast from the past. Purity Supreme, wow - haven't
thought of that place in a long time!

--
Joyce - former Bostonian ^..^

Old November 4th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Oct 30, 8:17*pm, wrote:
Kyla =^..^= wrote:

* LOL.
* I'm kind of clueless when it comes to 'real' math, however,
* even though my late Dad was a math teacher at the
* same High School when I was there. *"That' was fun...not.

Fractals are real math!

Bummer about your dad teaching at your high school.

--
Joyce * ^..^

I remember when I was in grade school, I took an entrance exam to the
school
where my father taught. I failed to get in.
Then when I was in high school, my father went to teach at another
school.
But he didn't want me to in the same school where he taught even
though my tuition would be waived there. I was happy to stay in the
school where I was and let dad paid the tuition fees. Besides, my
school is more well established.

Winnie

OT JOKE OF THE DAY Matthew Cat health & behaviour 2 April 27th 07 10:58 PM
Cat joke Karen Cat anecdotes 2 October 6th 06 10:31 PM
Very bad joke Yowie Cat anecdotes 6 June 16th 05 08:59 PM
OT ANOTHER Joke Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 1 June 10th 05 07:40 PM