What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

Old April 2nd 10, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

Dat was kewel. Willow laffink at her fren for sayink dat.
"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:41:55 +0300, Christine BA's
nimble, little paws typed:

Yes, dark and sweet.

Awwwww, heza gud-lukin kitty!!!!!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

4/1/2010 8:24:00 PM

Old April 2nd 10, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dave

Fred wrote:
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:35:05 -0400, Dave's busy little fingers typed:

Sparafucile wrote:
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:20:52 -0400, Dave wrote:

I thought this was place to exchange info on cats, not act like a
bunch of children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember
this foolishness.

It requires two things that a self-righteous asshole like you
doesn't have: imagination and a sense of humor/playfullness.

Maybe I'm plonked so you won't see this...

What I always find interesting is how easily offended people in the
internet become when they're criticized.

My sense of humor is just fine...but grown-ups using this moewchat is
the equivalent of talking to each other in babytalk. It's childish,
so grow the hell up.

If you don't like it here, don't visit or ask our advice.

As I already said, I'll be heading over to the health-behavior group.

You seem to have created a lot of fuss and continued to return here to
keep the thread alive. That's just troll activity.

No, it's not. I was earnestly responding to people, that's not trolling.
If I were responding just to cause trouble that'd be troll activity. I'll
admit to being brutally honest, but that's all.

I am absolutely stunned at all the fuss. But it leads me to conclude that
the fact that everyone's panties are in such a bunch over my remarks
supports my position that people here act like children. Only children get
so worked up over such criticism. I weawy hope you have fun wiff your
gwoop.

Old April 2nd 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dave

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Mar 30, 2:24 pm, "Dave" wrote:
Stormmee wrote:
we await your apology

Don't hold your breath. I am sorry...but this stuff is appalling for
anyone whose age is in the double digits.

And who is a judgmental asshole. And attention-whore. Don't forget
that. Have you had enough attention, jerk, or are you going to come
back for more? People who are appalled can just ignore things, you
know. You WANT this conflict. Have your neighbors gotten tired of
kicking your sorry ass?

and departure

See ya.

Bet you post here at least once more.

You win! I'd stopped in to see if I'd gotten a reply from one person who
wasn't acting like an 8-yr old, and was shocked by all the fuss. The flurry
of activity was too much...I had to post a few more replies.

Old April 2nd 10, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dave

Christine BA wrote:
30.3.2010 21:24, Dave kirjoitti:
Stormmee wrote:
we await your apology

Don't hold your breath. I am sorry...but this stuff is appalling
for anyone whose age is in the double digits.

This has nothing to do with age. I refuse to confine myself to doing
stuff that someone sees appropriate for my age! I play lots of
computer games, many of which could be described as kids' games, but
they amuse me so I play. The reason why I don't like meowchat all
that much is because English is not my first language, not my second
either, so sometimes it gets confusing what is meant, when the same
original word isn't always meow-spelled the same way. It is just a
like/not like situation. But then I don't start verbally bashing
everyone on this newsgroup for using it, I just said I'm not
comfortable using it, and will go on lurking here.

You're not comfortable with...that says a lot.

And anyway, since when is being childish a bad thing, especially when
it doesn't hurt anyone???

Well...there's young-at-heart...and there's CHILDISH.

Old April 2nd 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hey, anofther confert, himself spoke meowchat.
Piglett pleased with teh achievement of the grup.

Seriously, are you satisfied that you cat is just having growing pains. We
have had some fun with you but truly hope your cat is ok.

Old April 2nd 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hey we keep these things going for entertainment most of the time. Right
now all our cats are holding their own so we just mess with people who come
by with attitude.
"Dave" wrote in message

Old April 2nd 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Relax man and as the grandkids say, take a chill pill. We are interested in
your cat, so how is he doing? You don't have to answer in meowchat although
it has gotten your curiosity up.

Old April 2nd 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

Sparafucile wrote:
[...]

See! It gets you in the end! LOL
MLB