Does Cat Parasite Affect What We Feel and Do?

Old August 9th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Does Cat Parasite Affect What We Feel and Do?

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...09102309990002

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 10th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...09102309990002

I'm not so sure if I have toxoplasma gondii, but I definitely know that
I've been suffering from a fungal growth on my lap and chest region.
Strangely, the growth only manifests itself in the evenings when I am
lying on the couch. But it is definitely affecting my behaviour. When
the fungus is present, I cannot get up to get drinks or snacks from the
fridge. This is resulting in weight loss, not altogether unwanted :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old August 10th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

I'm not so sure if I have toxoplasma gondii, but I definitely know that
I've been suffering from a fungal growth on my lap and chest region.
Strangely, the growth only manifests itself in the evenings when I am
lying on the couch. But it is definitely affecting my behaviour. When
the fungus is present, I cannot get up to get drinks or snacks from the
fridge. This is resulting in weight loss, not altogether unwanted :-)

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

On a serious note, the only thing about toxoplasmosis that is really
dangerous is to pregnant women. They need to stay away from the litter
box and should get someone else to clean it or wash their hands
thoroughly if they do.

I have furry fungal growths on my bed and pillows. They really aren't
that bad unless i put a hand or foot over it. Then there's the
possibilty of tiny, but sharp spikes of pain. :0)

Kristi

Old August 10th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

badwilson wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...09102309990002

I'm not so sure if I have toxoplasma gondii, but I definitely know that
I've been suffering from a fungal growth on my lap and chest region.
Strangely, the growth only manifests itself in the evenings when I am
lying on the couch. But it is definitely affecting my behaviour. When
the fungus is present, I cannot get up to get drinks or snacks from the
fridge. This is resulting in weight loss, not altogether unwanted :-)

LOL! My fungal growth affects me when I watch TV and sometimes during
the night, when it suddenly appears on my chest and nearly suffocates me.

Old August 10th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Victor Martinez wrote:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...09102309990002

That's the most bizarre article I've ever read. It doesn't know whether
it wants to be serious or a joke. Well, *I* don't know whether it's
trying to be serious or a joke, let's put it that way.

I have read that animal parasites do develop in many stages, which may
involve going through one animal's system and then being excreted, and
later being eaten by another animal, where it completes its development.
So that part is true anyway.

The rest of the article makes no sense whatsoever. What are they talking
about, "national personalities"? This has to do with cats how? And the
author first says that half the population of the world already has the
parasite, but he doesn't think cat slaves should worry because there's
very little chance your cat could transmit it to you. Hello?

Plus - being a cat person makes a man less intelligent and boring?? I
think not!!

Joyce
Old August 10th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
LOL! My fungal growth affects me when I watch TV and sometimes during
the night, when it suddenly appears on my chest and nearly suffocates me.

Hey! We suffer from multiple fungal growths, particulary in the winter
time. They seem to go somewhat dormant in the summer.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 10th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Marina wrote:
LOL! My fungal growth affects me when I watch TV and sometimes during
the night, when it suddenly appears on my chest and nearly suffocates me.

Hey! We suffer from multiple fungal growths, particulary in the winter
time. They seem to go somewhat dormant in the summer.

Mine, unfortunately, does not. Or, umm, it goes dormant on top of me. P

Old August 10th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"badwilson" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...09102309990002

I'm not so sure if I have toxoplasma gondii, but I definitely know that
I've been suffering from a fungal growth on my lap and chest region.
Strangely, the growth only manifests itself in the evenings when I am
lying on the couch. But it is definitely affecting my behaviour. When
the fungus is present, I cannot get up to get drinks or snacks from the
fridge. This is resulting in weight loss, not altogether unwanted :-)

One of my fungal growths fell off the front of the Highboy today. I think
he's been affected by the blondness of his fur. Either that or he's trying
to feel superior by making me wet myself. Sonya keeps giving him that "I'm
so Sorry" look. I suspect that she thinks he's blonde too.

Pam S.

Old August 10th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jenny

Hi guys! I had to join a group for my computer class and I picked this
one because you guys seem to see the humor in cats and who couldn't
love cats?! I have four parasites in total, two of whom are completely
mine. One sleeps on my pillow at night and the other on my feet or
chest every night. I may be completely engrossed in fungus and not
even know it! And my allergist wonders why I can't breathe! So I was
wondering what kind of cats do you guys have? I have two Tonkinese (my
two), and two siamese all of whom are very sweet, very dumb, and VERY
chatty!

Old August 10th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
Welcome to the group!

I've got an elderly female torbie (brown tabby with patches of other
colours), Mandy, who is rather put out right now because a young black
male cat is in the first stages of being introduced to the household.

I'm sorry, Cheryl, I've obviously missed something while I was away on
my holiday. Didn't you use to have two female cats? I'm very sorry if
you've lost a cat recently.

Purrs coming over for the integration.

I feel so much better! Baby Eyes Cat anecdotes 33 September 20th 04 06:25 PM
i feel so guilty cati Cat anecdotes 4 April 23rd 04 02:15 AM
Berfert Don't Feel So Good Tanada Cat anecdotes 23 November 14th 03 03:20 AM
Hairballs: Persia doesn't feel good ? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 September 28th 03 09:40 PM
I should feel honoured but I don't catsruleok Cat anecdotes 20 August 21st 03 06:35 AM