Questionz

Old November 3rd 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Questionz

Hi guyz diz is O.T. and I was sprised to fin out how many cats were
miganarie just to keep s plot goink. Effin I knows resigning and leaffin
are not sa dame thinks. We needs dose with historiee with th group to help
our selves unnerstand how fings shud beez. I zi glad we iz all still famile
and kan talk bout diz stuff and stillz be frens. It kan get komplicated but
we all wantz it ta kontinue cauz it iz a gudgud fing.
"squiffer" wrote in message

: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, zo sad dese ist. Zo few. Ve come bak
den,
ven
: can ve.
: Frau Freya representing the Gittel Furz
:
: Dat wood be nyce; jus to haff a 'venture, Unka Dan an myown hooman
: haff had to infent a number ov imaginary catz to keep da plot goink!
: So we'd LUFF to haff catz post an participate in da groop!
:
: --
: Purrs,
:
: Mme. Anaïs

yaya, zo troo!
Frau Freya

Old November 3rd 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

In article ,
says...

oh, wow, I'm also from the old group preceding rpcc and Unca Cory makes some
great points. Two of his points though are based on a misunderstanding.
Let me reference those two:
_____________________________________
1. An Rpcc'er wrote:

: I have been so impressed by the quality of writing that happens in our
: events, especially the Jellical Ball and wedwinks...the narratives have
been
: so meaningful, and I have been remiss in not saying so quite often. At
this
: Jellical Ball, I even cut-and-pasted much of it, to read from time to
time.
:
: I would be very happy and contented to see the traditions of rpcc
continue
: without any change at all,

Then Cory wrote:

: There isn't any way possible for RPCC to continue its traditions without
: any change at all. Kitties come and go now, for whatever reason, on an
: almost routine basis.
I believe this refers to wanting to keep Meitze/Melissa in charge of the
"Calling of the names" that takes place at the Jellicle Ball and of course,
"The Walk" and that's all. All other changes are inevitable, welcome and
interesting. I also want to keep Melissa in that role.
Kathy G

As do I, IF she wants to continue doing this service for us. It's a
difficult and time-consuming job to do, compile all the names of those
who've left us, and maybe Melissa IS just simply tired and worn out from
having done it all this time. I would certainly understand if that were
the case, but I wouldn't want to see her give up the job because she
felt she was doing RPCC some sort of disservice. She's not!

2. Cory wrote:
:I don't mean or want to speak for any kitty or hooman, but the new
: kitties who've joined RPCC in recent years since the split ARE welcome
: here, IMNSHO. We ARE glad to have you here, and we DO want the new
: kitties to feel welcome and join in or start activities that are fun,
: not only for the rest of the group, but for the individual kitties, I
: believe.
Holy Bast, Unca Cory, where on earth did you get the idea that new kitties
aren't welcome? Good grief! Of course they are. Why else did we survive
those flame wars and the battle with the officials that tried to deny us
this group? We fought to make this group a reality for all kitties who want
to meowchat. You gotta remember that war. It was hard and it was serious.
And now there is an rpccc and all meowchatters have it as their home. All is
the operative word. That would be the Old Meowchatters, the New Meowchatters
and the left-over Meowchatters.

No, no, no, no... yu misunfurstood whut Pawpa wuz sayin'. Bak inna day,
wen RPC wuz 'rownd, dere wuz lotz 'n lotza clowderz, an' da noo kitteez
dinnot awlweighz feel az dough dey wuz welkum. Sum noo kitteez felt
wike dey wuz eefun introodin' onna fun uf da groop (UB ~ I know this to
be true because I used to get e-mails from lurking kitties back in the
day who were shy and hesitant to join in on the fun), an sum uf dem
kitteez wuld jist lurk in da RPC insted uf post an' joyn in onna fun.

Whut pawpa wuz sayin' wuz dat he jist wantz effurrykitty tu noze up
furront dat dis IZ a warm, welkuming, frendly pwayse, an' iffin yu izza
noo kitty, yu shuld kum on in an' joyn da fun, an' yu shulddint feel
wike yu iz introodin' onna fun uf da groop.

Dat'z awl dat him mentid.

--- Onyx
Old November 4th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

Itz sad dat sumwon wuld du dat, Azad. Most uf uz are furry grateful fur all
Mietze haz dun, an I hope when thuh time comes dat it will be Mietze hoo
calls MY name an I will habba place onna Walk of Remembrance.
Princess Pasha

Sqyooze mineselv fur introodin, Mr. Sebastian...Miz Pasha.
But Mietze dint say she wuz leefin.
Just retiring.
Maykin frets to leef...dat's just lame.
She wuddnt do dat, she'd just go.
Sept she's not.
Evin doh sumkitties got mad wenn she mayd a suggestyun.
Even doh mymom got flaymd in privit mayl.
We'ze not goin.
Not yet ennyway.

Azad
--
Remove the first m to reply

Old November 4th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

Default Mietze! Questionz

In article , Me
wrote:

Ms. Tess wrote:

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:08:00 -0600, "squiffer"
wrote:

Do Meitze really want to retire? Maybe Meitze thinks other kitties thinks
she shood retire? Inkwiring kat wants to know.
Burt

Dis kitty do NOT want Mietze tu retire. Shood dere be a petition?

Tess

We sign:

Booker, Chappy an Snowflake

So do we: Cleo, Amelia, Tabith, Sammy, Harri Roadcat, Ranger, and STTom
Old November 4th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
fuzzmonsters

First of, hello to all the old friends here and also to the new ones.
My first ever online experience was r.p.c. Shadrach 'meowed', Newton
answered and the rest is history.

Speaking on a personal note, I have not been back to r.p.c.c. on a
regular basis for several years. My kitties show up for the Ball but
life intervenes and I have enough to do just keeping up with email,
let alone the volume of posts the newsgroup would spawn. I also found
that buying a house takes up what little free time one might have. I
have missed r.p.c.c but have kept up with most of the "old-timers" via
email. That's rather sad. Many of us invested a lot of time, effort
and even tears trying to get the group *we* wanted instead of the one
the PTB and some non-meowers thought we should be happy with. I think
in my case it was just such an emotional investment that I was totally
spent when it finally happened and it had the effect of taking a lot
of the fun out of it for me.

That was not fair to the group or to the other members who have
remained faithful posters and I apologize. Shadrach & Jezebel are
waiting for me at the Bridge, but Jessica & Ezekiel are currently
making my life interesting and I think could probably wreak some havoc
around here.

Radonna, aka mb, and the fuzzmonsters

My personal favorite among the suggested names was "clowder", but a
high poohbah news.groupie vetoed it because he didn't know what it
meant. Since a split was inevitable by that point (many meowers
really didn't want the split at all), "community" was the best
compromise arrived at and approved.

And that's the Cliff Notes version of how we got here. :-)

Melissa

Old November 4th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

"The Porter Cats" wrote in message
oups.com...

I know dat a lot of de longtime antis haf been emaileng eech uther and
are kwite upset dat Mietze mite resign. A lot of the newcomer antis
haf been emaleng eech uther, as well. De idea dat Mietze shud resign
came frum out of the bloo, to all off us. Dis was not sumthing we
wanted, nor was it sumthing we askd for. We did not ask enny cat tu
speek fur us: enny cat who has said dey wanted Mietze to resign, an
sayd deay speek for all uf us, issa ... issa ... well, not a furry nise
cat. Accordengly, if there is some nastee cat who has said dis, pleese
do not blame thuh rest off uss!

Datz gudgud tu heer, Lucy.

If an anti wants to haffa petition to ask Mietze to stay, dat wood be
eksellent - but I fink we all know what de outcome of any such
petition wood be. I fink if Mietze resined, it might effun cause an
irreparable rift in da whol process. We hate tu see any cats or antis
takeng sides whin it seems dat we want da same fings.

Mietze wurks furry hard tu keep track uf alla thuh names an such an she haz
access tu more uf thuh kitties in diffrent places. We just dont wanna see
ennykitty left out.

Da new antis try furry, furry, furry hard to adheer to the traditions
of the Jellicle Ball. We ask a LOT uff kwestions. We had kwite a
discusshion to see if it wood effun be appropyiate to hav tha wedwink
in conjunction wif da Jellicle Ball. I bout drove anti Melissa krazy
wif my menny kwestions bout protocol, because we new kitties revere da
Jellicle tradition an respect it. Plees do not fink dat we ignore da
importence of dis tradition.

I thot thuh wedwink wuz luverly, Lucy, an whut bedder time tu start a noo
life joyned in luv dan thuh time uf thuh Jellicle Ball?

Two more fings: I know sum antis fink it is sad dat only a liddle more
dan a dozen of uss post heer regularlee. Howeffer, dat duzzint meen we
aren't haffing fun or camaraderie. As won cat said, it is still a
wonderful, lively plase to go effury day, to be wif friends who
understand an smooth out da ruff spots in life. A groop dis size
manages dat furry well. Ther is a LOT of luff here - an a lot of
confurrsation.

Kwalitee, not kwantitee iz most impurrtant.

And: If yu wer heer fur the Jellicle Ball, plees know that yu are
infited to da wedwink, an sine the gestbook!

Fangu all fur being heer.

Lucy

Fangu Lucy, an best wishes fur alwayz.
Princess Pasha

Old November 4th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam

The Clowder (South) wrote:
Since a split was inevitable by that point (many meowers
really didn't want the split at all), "community" was the best
compromise arrived at and approved.

The only two things I remember being able to vote on in r.p.c were
whether the meowchat should split off, and then whether r.p.c.community
should be the new group's name. I didn't think it was such a great
name, but I voted in favor of it so the split could occur ASAP. At that
time I had a lousy newsserver and probably missed more posts than I got.

Have I really been posting here for over ten years???

Adam

Old November 4th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

In article , elliet1027
@earthlink.net says...

The Clowder (South) wrote:
Since a split was inevitable by that point (many meowers
really didn't want the split at all), "community" was the best
compromise arrived at and approved.

The only two things I remember being able to vote on in r.p.c were whether
the meowchat should split off, and then whether r.p.c.community should be
the new group's name. I didn't think it was such a great name, but I
voted in favor of it so the split could occur ASAP. At that time I had a
lousy newsserver and probably missed more posts than I got.

Have I really been posting here for over ten years???

Adam

Onyx and I have been a part of RPC/RPCC since '95, Adam, and I think you
were here when we got here.

--- Cory
Old November 4th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
squiffer

: I believe this refers to wanting to keep Meitze/Melissa in charge of the
: "Calling of the names" that takes place at the Jellicle Ball and of
course,
: "The Walk" and that's all. All other changes are inevitable, welcome
and
: interesting. I also want to keep Melissa in that role.
: Kathy G
:
: As do I, IF she wants to continue doing this service for us. It's a
: difficult and time-consuming job to do, compile all the names of those
: who've left us, and maybe Melissa IS just simply tired and worn out from
: having done it all this time. I would certainly understand if that were
: the case, but I wouldn't want to see her give up the job because she
: felt she was doing RPCC some sort of disservice. She's not!

Ohhh, well, she did feel unwanted and somekitty's sekretary flamed her
privately and she got hurt. And then she "resigned." But getting forced out
....well..that's not valid is it?
KathyG