Intruder in the night

Old November 2nd 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Intruder in the night

Yesterday I was awoken at 4 a.m. by the noise of a cat fight and galloping
feet. KFC and Boyfriend do have their ups and downs but they rarely
actually fight although it has been known, once or twice, and always in the
night.
I briefly considered getting up and going downstairs into the cold house to
see what was going on. Very briefly ;-) As all was quiet again in a minute
or two I decided against it.
When I got up in the morning both cats were perched on arms of chairs in the
lounge peering into the kitchen with wide eyes and elongated necks. As I
stepped into the kitchen there was an explosion of orange. A cat had got
into the house overnight and become trapped inside - and at the sight of me
he was climbing the walls and battering at the windows in a real panic,
jumping on shelves, sending everything there flying, cookery books, plants:
large basket of spices, spare cat dishes, saved veggie seeds, little
paraffin lamp etc on the windowsill went straight into the sink where there
was a bowlful of washing up water that I'd forgotten to empty :-(
I hurriedly opened the back door so he could go out. I failed to notice
he'd done a loose poo in front of it so I spread that around with my inward
opening door. Oh, joy.
I retired back into the lounge but he didn't go out of the open door after a
few minutes just continued racing around scattering everything in his path
including crockery in the drainer, knives, forks and spoons bit the dust. I
had to make him panic even more by approaching him to open a window so he
could escape from there and that's when he pulled my curtain pole off the
wall complete with fixtures and curtains.
I noticed he was un-neutered as I got closer to try and let him out the
window. He was a teenager too, just like Boyfie when he arrived here. A
beautiful looking boy in good condition, orange striped body with a lovely
white front. I also noticed he had eaten a plate of crusty old rejected cat
food up on the worktop that I was going to give to the chickens.
I got him out of the window eventually.
I've seen him only once before, crossing the road in front of my house about
a week ago, and no, I am not going to give him a home if he returns.

The kitchen was full of cat fur, some from Boyfie and some orange. Boyfie's
reflective collar had been pulled off over his head, I found it in the
kitchen. He was dreadfully upset. After I got the intruder out he had no
appetite for his breakfast at all, now that's serious as he loves his food.
Kitty was only slightly upset by it, as I guess she didn't have to fight,
and she agreed to have her breakfast at about 2 pm.
All the brightness went out of Boyfie and he meatloafed on a pair of my
trousers for hours with narrowed eyes saying "leave me alone" this is not
like him.
He would not eat all day.
I just wish people who decide to have cats realise it's as important to have
a male neutered as a female. Those teenage boys with their hormones, well,
snippety-snip. They are much happier not fighting and staying home instead
of wandering in search.
If this ginger boy comes again (and perhaps he's hungry) he will not be
allowed to terrorise my cats, he will be off to a Cat Rescue, not the RSPCA.

Old November 2nd 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I hope ginger soon visits a vet and settles in a loving home where he can be
pampered for the rest of his life.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 2nd 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 2, 9:04*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

If this ginger boy comes again (and perhaps he's hungry) *he will not be
allowed to terrorise my cats, he will be off to a Cat Rescue, not the RSPCA.

Good on you! Sounds to me like he might be hungry if he's eating what
you called crusty old rejected cat food.but I am sure if he turns up
again you will take the appropriate steps., and yes, it's quite
amazing how some people are happy to spay queens because they don't
want any unwanted kittens but somehow don't seem to imagine there has
to be a male cat involved. I used to know a woman just like that- her
queen was spayed but her solution to her tom going out and fathering
kittens was to keep him locked in one room, Never went round her house
but a friend did and from what I can gather- I shouldn't be so ashamed
of my inadequate domesticity!

Mind you I have to be a little fair to her as she did turn out to have
serious mental health problems...she ended up in the local psychiatric
hospital and she turned up on my doorstep one day telling her she'd
been put on hospital because no-one beleived she was a "close personal
friend" of Prince Wiliam and told me she didn't want any of her
friends to know where she was as it wasn't something to be proud of
but concluded I could tell them as long as I made it clear she was a
close personal friend of Prince William's and that was why MI5 had her
locked up because after King Edward and Wallis Simpson MI5 didn't want
the heir to the throne to be a close personal friend of an American!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 2nd 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...

--

I suspect he already has a loving home as he was in magnificent condition,
it's just that some people don't think it's too important to pay out 50 quid

Tweed

Old November 2nd 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]
:-(
[...]

Oh the havoc caused by a panicky cat, poo and all. Poor Boyfie, he doesn't
do well with these barbarians, does he? Hope Ginger's people, if any, get a
clue and get him his snip.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old November 2nd 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

[...]

But how did he get in?

Bobble

Old November 2nd 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Oh the havoc caused by a panicky cat, poo and all. Poor Boyfie, he
doesn't do well with these barbarians, does he? Hope Ginger's people, if
any, get a clue and get him his snip.

Boyfie doesn't do well with barbarians at all. He's a pacifist. He has no
idea why anycat would want to fight, ever.
He was horribly shocked by the violence that took place inside his house and
very subdued for 24 hours.
He managed to eat his breakfast this morning but is still not back to his
normal charming confident self.
If Ginger returns to invade the house again, although I doubt it, think he
made a mistake, I shall trap him and get him to a rescue.
No cat is allowed to upset Boyfie that much. Ever.

Tweed

Old November 2nd 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"bobblespin" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

But how did he get in?

From the slightly open door that Boyfriend insists on. He has to have a way
out at all times. He freaks out if the door is closed. There might be a
visitor, you know..
The door got closed during the fight.

Tweed

Old November 2nd 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Are you able to tell if Boyfriend got any wounds? Over here we would be wondering about rabies.
Sorry that you had such a mess to clean up. MLB

Old November 2nd 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message

Are you able to tell if Boyfriend got any wounds?

I can't see any.

Over here we would be wondering about rabies.

Fortunately this is something I don't have to worry about. There is no
rabies in the UK.

Sorry that you had such a mess to clean up.

Took me most of the morning. Ah well. It doesn't really matter now.
It looked like my kitchen had been burgled by someone with a faeces fetish.
All up the walls too..

Tweed

MLB

Ticking intruder Marina Cat anecdotes 8 May 18th 08 04:29 PM
Trudi the intruder Stormmee Cat anecdotes 10 December 16th 06 10:23 PM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM
Intruder alert! jemifur Cat anecdotes 10 November 11th 04 12:23 AM