Da trip to da Mountains

Old January 6th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Da trip to da Mountains

O T slowly puts out his paw to the bigbig bear. Nize ta meet you Harry.
Diz iz a bootifulz plaze. O T puts his paw back down to side and slowly as
not to draw attention, counts his claws to make sure they are still there.
That Bear sure had a bigbig paw!
"Harri Roadcat" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:14:08 -0600, Granby wrote:

O T sees the big bears and hopes Harri iz rite bout dem beink friendlee.

He rubs Harri behind her ear, I fink it iz OK if we kall diz place
Cleocatra's mountain retreat. Affer all, it wuz her faforite plaze and
effery plaze needs a gudgud name.

Dat's furry nice! [Harri wipes a tear from her eye]

O T looks around in wonder as they land on the back lawn. He has never
seen a place such as this. Harri dere iza a Bear ofver dere, a bigbig
onez, u sure him iz friendlee?

[After shutting down the engine and fastening the tie-down straps Harri
climbs up onto the nose of the plane. She spots a large black bear at the
edge of the woods only a couple hundred yards away, so she sticks her paw
in her mouth and whistles loudly. The bear comes lumbering towards the
plane.]

Hey, Harry! Long time no see. Dis is OT - him an me is gettin winked on
May. OT, dis is Harry Bear. Him is in charge of security here.

Harri
"Harri Roadcat" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:27:31 -0600, Granby wrote:

O T slowly opens his eyes. Missing the water tower by inches was
enough for him. He looks down and has to agree with his Harri that it
is beautiful. Diz iz realli grate, dem mountainz liiks like lota of
fun.

[Harri cuts the throttle back a ways and allows the plane to descend
slowly. She flies a looping pattern over the Big Bear Valley. To the
north and northeast she and OT can see the Mojave Desert stretching off
towards Las Vegas; to the south and southeast they see the Banning
Pass, Palm Springs, Mount San Gorgonio and San Jacinto, and the low
desert. Towards the west they can make out the glitter of the Pacific
Ocean.]

I'z furry glad dat we duzn't lif here any more, but it is purrty to
visit.

Oh, look down dere - dere's da Snow Summit Ski Area, an dere's
Goldmine. Dere's Cleocatra's - 'scuze me, da Communities's - mountain
place, and up da hill from da mountain place is da Community ski area.
An it looks like da patrol bears is on duty, keepin da hoomins away
from da Community areas. I'll land us on da back lawn.

Harri

Old January 6th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:14:46 -0600, Granby wrote:

O T slowly puts out his paw to the bigbig bear. Nize ta meet you
Harry. Diz iz a bootifulz plaze. O T puts his paw back down to side and
slowly as not to draw attention, counts his claws to make sure they are
still there. That Bear sure had a bigbig paw!

Let's go into da howse and look around.

[Harri takes OT by the paw and leads him to the main entry door, which is
standing open. As they enter the building they hear an elderly cat call
to them:] May I help you?

Stevenson, itz me, Harri Roadcat. An dis is OT - me an him iz gettin
winked. OT, dis is Stevenson. Him was Cleocatra's majordomo, an now him
is runnin dis place.

Stevenson: Mr. OT, I'm pleased to meet you. Miss Roadcat, please allow me
to express my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your sister. All of
here are still grieving her loss - she was well loved. I hope that you
both will consider performing your wedwink ceremony here, as Her Highness
would have enjoyed that greatly.

Harri: Datz just what we waz finking about. We'd just like to look around
an see what's here and how it would work. Duz you haf rooms afailable of
we wants to spend a cupple of days here?

Stevenson: But of course! I'll have the staff prepare a suite. And of
course Chef would love to have an opportunity to prepare a special meal
for guests. May I inform him that you will join us this evening?

Harri: I fink so. Iz dat ok wif yourownself, OT?

Old January 7th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T looks around at the elegant room. Umm oh yez dat iz fine wiff
myownself, anyfing u wantz Harri. He nods to Stevenson in greeting. Fangu
for welkoming uzes here. He can almost feel the closeness of HRH Cleo
knowing how much she loved the place.

He pulls Harri back a step. Duz u feel Cleo here, like her iz smillink at
uaez? U kuden haff piked a bedder plaze mineown Harri.

Old January 7th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

O T looks around at the elegant room. Umm oh yez dat iz fine wiff
myownself, anyfing u wantz Harri. He nods to Stevenson in greeting. Fangu
for welkoming uzes here. He can almost feel the closeness of HRH Cleo
knowing how much she loved the place.

He pulls Harri back a step. Duz u feel Cleo here, like her iz smillink at
uaez? U kuden haff piked a bedder plaze mineown Harri.

Yep, dis was herz faforite place. I *do* feel her presence. I fink we
needz to spend da nite here. Dat might let us feel more of Cleo's energy.

Harri
Old January 7th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:31:35 -0600, Harri Roadcat wrote:

Yep, dis was herz faforite place. I *do* feel her presence. I fink we
needz to spend da nite here. Dat might let us feel more of Cleo's
energy.

Harri

[Harri and OT wander through the estate, examining everything they find.
The ballroom, the banquet hall, the indoor and outdoor swimming pools,
the kitty-sized gym, the libraries, the works of art and statues. Chef
prepares a wonderful dinner, which OT and Harri share with the house
staff. After dinner everybody relaxes in the study with a lovely fire
burning in the fireplace, nip brandies in paw, remembering Cleopatra and
how she touched their lives. Stevenson shares tales most of the other
kitties have never heard, about Cleo's acts as a statescat and mediator.

After a wonderful, relaxing evening OT and Harri retire to the suite
Stevenson had prepared for them, and they both fall into a deep, restful
sleep. Harri and OT can both be seen twitching just a little as they
sleep.]

YAWWWNNNNNN Uh - where am I? Oh yeah - Cleo's.

OT, OT, wake up! I had da greatest dream! Cleo was here, an was talking
to us!

[OT stretches, yawns, and stretches again]

OT: Huh? Hmmm??? Where... what... Oh yeah, Cleo's. Dream? I had dat dream
too!

Harri: You haz a fur on yourz head - it's a Cleo fur! It's silver wif
black stripes. It wasn't dere when we goed to sleep.

OT: You duz too! An look - paw prints dat aren't mine an arent' yours! Da
door was locked - it still is - but dere's extra paw prints.

Harri: She bisited us! Fangu fur bisiting, Cleo. I fink her patted bof of
us on ourown headz.

Old January 7th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On 7 Jan 2009 14:33:39 GMT, Harri Roadcat's nimble, little paws typed:

Harri: She bisited us! Fangu fur bisiting, Cleo. I fink her patted bof of
us on ourown headz.

Awww, dis is so tuchink. You iz boff furry lucky kitties!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

1/7/2009 12:43:06 PM
Old January 7th 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T who knows Harri is a spcial kitty now knows for sure HRH Cleo approves
of their wedwink.

Ok Harri, letz haff breakfast and den you kan showz me da out of diz plaze.
If it iz half az grate az da In, who wud wanto to leaf diz plaze. hopez dem
big bearz haz had der breakfast.

Old January 7th 09, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:16:32 -0600, Granby wrote:

O T who knows Harri is a spcial kitty now knows for sure HRH Cleo
approves of their wedwink.

Ok Harri, letz haff breakfast and den you kan showz me da out of diz
plaze. If it iz half az grate az da In, who wud wanto to leaf diz plaze.
hopez dem big bearz haz had der breakfast.

[Harri and OT find their way down to the kitchen, where Chef is busy
experimenting at the stove.]

Ah, chatons, good morning! You are just in ze time. I have preparing some
new breakfast meals zat you must be trying. Zees one ez zee oeufs - err,
zee eggs - wif tender morsels of zee boeuf de rôti - err, zee roasted
beast. Et zees one is ze mackerel poissons - er, fishies, ageen wif ze
eggs, et wiz zee caviar. Et of course wiz ze fine sauce for both of zem.
Here, try a leetle bit of each. And here we haf zee premium kittie
égrugez - err, zee kibble - wiz zee heavy cream zat has been prepared
such zat it won't irritate zee tummys of ze kittys zat are lactose
intolerant.

Here, eat, eat! You mus tell me what you think of zee new dishes!

Old January 7th 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

After sampling and the finishink his portion of each of the meals, O T rub
his ful tummy and turns to the Chef.

Dat iz da bestiz fudz I haff ever eaten. Fangu so much. I kant say dat one
waz bedder dan da ofther, it wuz all d-licius. He covers his mouth with a
paw just in time to stop a large burp from escaping. Sorryz Harri but dat
fud waz all realli gudgud. Beauty would have loved any of it.

Old January 7th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:39:24 -0600, Granby wrote:

After sampling and the finishink his portion of each of the meals, O T
rub his ful tummy and turns to the Chef.

Dat iz da bestiz fudz I haff ever eaten. Fangu so much. I kant say dat
one waz bedder dan da ofther, it wuz all d-licius. He covers his mouth
with a paw just in time to stop a large burp from escaping. Sorryz
Harri but dat fud waz all realli gudgud. Beauty would have loved any of
it.

Mr. Chef sir, dat was eggzelent fudz! When OT an me haz our wedwink here
mebbe you could work wif Fluffykitz makin da fudz? Iz would luf to haf
some of dat wunnerful stuff like you just made.

[As Chef whistles happily at the compliments and turns back to his stove,
Harri leads OT out onto the west lawn. A wide swatch of natural grasses
grows from the buildings out to the edge of the forest. Gardens of native
flowers are interspersed around the plot, evidently well tended. A rose
garden is centered in the lawn directly in front of the estate's master
entrance.]

I was finking maybe we could use one of da gardens for ourz wedwink
ceremony. What do youz fink of dis rose garden? Or would you prefer one
of da offur gardens, wif da native fowlers?

Harri