How old before micro-chipping?

Old September 23rd 05, 12:02 AM
Irulan

Default How old before micro-chipping?

I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is that old
enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia
--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 23rd 05, 12:05 AM
Denise VanDyke

Irulan wrote:
I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is that old
enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia

Brenna was 'chipped when she was spayed. And she was probably about
that age.

Denise Brennasmeowmy

Old September 23rd 05, 12:25 AM
Adrian

Irulan wrote:
I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is
that old enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia

I believe they can be chipped at any age. Baggy was a year old when he was
chipped , he was 7 months old when I got him. He has a new style chip which
can take his temperature as well as identifying him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 23rd 05, 12:48 AM
Jeanette

Irulan wrote in message
I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is that

old
enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia
--

Yeah, our vets advise chipping at 12 weeks, although we tend to chip at
first vac, at eight weeks. About 5% of the kittens lose their chips at that

Regards

Jeanette

Old September 23rd 05, 02:34 AM
Enfilade

Irulan wrote:
I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is that old
enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia
--

Bitties were chipped when they were spayed. We got a deal on the chips
because since they were under anasthesia anyway for the spay, they only

We haven't chipped Nox or Pokey. Nox has a tattoo. Smokey wears a
tag; it would take some doing to get Smokey to leave the apartment
building. Like, sedation. There's a big bad OUTSIDE out there.

--Fil

Old September 23rd 05, 03:42 AM
Jo Firey

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

Irulan wrote:
I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is that
old
enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia
--

Bitties were chipped when they were spayed. We got a deal on the chips
because since they were under anasthesia anyway for the spay, they only
charged us cost of the chips plus a small fee to put them in, as
opposed to having to pay for anasthesia twice.

None of ours have been sedated to get chipped. Hasn't seemed to bother any
of them.
Jo

Old September 23rd 05, 05:00 AM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

Irulan wrote:
I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is
that old
enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia
--

Bitties were chipped when they were spayed. We got a deal on the
chips because since they were under anasthesia anyway for the spay,
they only charged us cost of the chips plus a small fee to put them
in, as
opposed to having to pay for anasthesia twice.

None of ours have been sedated to get chipped. Hasn't seemed to
bother any of them.
Jo

Persia wasn't sedated, either. They took Persia from the room, ostensibly
to weigh her. When they brought her back, she was chipped and *then* the
vet showed me the needle used to insert the chip. He said if most people
see the needle first they back out in fear! He indicated it was the same
size needle a farm vet would use to sedate a bull. He did tell me Persia
was a very good girl; didn't so much as utter a squeak when they chipped
her.

Jill

Old September 23rd 05, 12:15 PM
Jeanette

Enfilade wrote in message
oups.com...

Irulan wrote:
I think I will get Lily microchipped. She is 4-5 months old now. Is that

old
enough? I'm too lazy to call my vet, heh.
Lily's mama Lydia
--

Bitties were chipped when they were spayed. We got a deal on the chips
because since they were under anasthesia anyway for the spay, they only
charged us cost of the chips plus a small fee to put them in, as
opposed to having to pay for anasthesia twice.

I've never heard of a cat having to be sedated to be chipped, it's just like
a vaccination.

Jeanette

Old September 23rd 05, 01:23 PM
Jane

Princess Rita has a tattoo that was put on when she got shaved for
spaying at the shelter. I keep thinking that I need to get her a little
leather jacket now.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old September 23rd 05, 01:33 PM
Annie Wxill

"Adrian" wrote in message
....He has a new style chip which
can take his temperature as well as identifying him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)

What brand of chip is that?
Do you know if it takes a special reader, or does it work with the older
readers?
Thanks,
Annie