Free spay/neuter wet lab for vets

Old September 30th 03, 10:02 PM
Mary

Default Free spay/neuter wet lab for vets

Permission to Cross-Post

Hi --

You might remember that Animal Match Rescue Team, Inc. ("AMRT") is sponsoring
"wet labs" where veterinarians who do not yet do early age spay/neuter can come
and learn the hows and whys of the procedure.

WE STILL HAVE SPACE FOR MORE VETERINARIANS TO COME LEARN! So we need your
help. If you know of a veterinarian who does not yet do early age spay/neuter,
please encourage that vet to contact us and learn. One set of sessions is THIS
SUNDAY IN SIMI VALLEY. The next set is NEXT SUNDAY IN WEST LOS ANGELES. The
most space is available at THIS SUNDAY'S Simi Valley location.

Please help us make sure that every space is filled so we have as many
veterinarians as possible who are willing, able, and well-trained to do early
age spay neuter. There is NO COST to a veterinarian to attend the wet labs.
AMRT is paying for everything.

Veterinarians will learn best practices, anesthesia and surgery protocols, how
to recognize a good candidate for the procedure, and the benefits of early age
spay/neuter to the patient (less anesthesia and fast-growing bodies make for
much faster recovery from surgery), to the overpopulation problem in general
(fewer accidental pregnancies), and to the veterinarian (faster and easier
surgery). Ever pick up a momma and babies from spay/neuter? The momma takes
all night to stop being groggy but the babies are already feeling fine and
playing in the car on the way home. Or compare wrestling a 100-pound adult
Rottweiler to the surgery table to a fifteen-pound puppy. Just some of the
benefits. Not to mention helping to reduce euthanasia overall by reducing
accidental pregnancies.

Some vets think early age spay/neuter is the same as adult spay/neuter but on a
smaller sized patient. That is not exactly true. Certain different monitoring
needs, including body temperature, during surgery are one important difference,
along with anesthesia differences.

AMRT has veterinarians who are experts at early age spay/neuter teaching the
wet labs. We will have kittens and puppies and everyone attending will have a
chance to do a spay procedure under the watchful mentoring of our veterinarian
expert. At the end of the class, we will have more veterinarians who know how
and why to do early age spay/neuter. That means fewer unwanted pregnancies and
a reduced overpopulation. The patients will all go to foster homes and be
placed into permanent homes. Everyone wins in this.

If you know of a veterinarian who should attend, please tell that veterinarian
why and please ask the veterinarian to call and sign up. It is FREE. Just
come and learn.

To sign up, a veterinarian just has to contact Laura Beth at (818) 773-1469.
The sooner the better, because the wet labs are coming right up - this Sunday
and the following Sunday.

Thank you!

Bye,
~ Laura Beth ~
www.AMRT.net
See Photos of Wonderful Shelter Pets Needing Homes Now
Old September 30th 03, 10:47 PM
LauraK

We will have kittens and puppies and everyone attending will have a
chance to do a spay procedure under the watchful mentoring of our
veterinarian
expert. At the end of the class, we will have more veterinarians who know
how
and why to do early age spay/neuter. That means fewer unwanted pregnancies
and
a reduced overpopulation. The patients will all go to foster homes and be
placed into permanent homes. Everyone wins in this.

In Knoxville, the local Humane Society is doing early spay/neutering before
sending kittens to new homes.
My latest adoption, an 8 week old male, was neutered the day before I got him.
There was no soreness or any problems at all from it.
He's now 7 mos old and subsequent vet checks have shown him to be in excellent
health. And he shows no interest at all in spraying, which is wonderful.
http://www.madmousergraphics.com/pho...mon/simon.html
I have become a strong advocate of this early procedure. The vets I use are
already doing it.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography