Another Forum for RPCA

Old December 9th 05, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Another Forum for RPCA

I just found this and am not sure if folks here are aware of it yet:

http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Old December 9th 05, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I just found this and am not sure if folks here are aware of it yet:

http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Oh I *loathe* these things... where Usenet is made out to be part of an
Internet forum... BAH! There's a cycling one does exactly the same with a
cycling Usenet group, and on it there are postings about the 'forum'... it
isn't a darned 'forum' it's a Usenet newsgroup that's been around years
before the darned 'forum'!!! BAH!!!

Cheers, helen s

Old December 9th 05, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I just found this and am not sure if folks here are aware of it yet:

http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Oh I *loathe* these things... where Usenet is made out to be part of
an Internet forum... BAH! There's a cycling one does exactly the same
with a cycling Usenet group, and on it there are postings about the
'forum'... it isn't a darned 'forum' it's a Usenet newsgroup that's
been around years before the darned 'forum'!!! BAH!!!

Cheers, helen s

I agree with you, Helen, also what is the point when we have Usenet anyway.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 9th 05, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I just found this and am not sure if folks here are aware of it yet:

http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Oh I *loathe* these things... where Usenet is made out to be part of
an Internet forum... BAH! There's a cycling one does exactly the same
with a cycling Usenet group, and on it there are postings about the
'forum'... it isn't a darned 'forum' it's a Usenet newsgroup that's
been around years before the darned 'forum'!!! BAH!!!

Cheers, helen s

I agree with you, Helen, also what is the point when we have Usenet
anyway.

Well some of them filtered out the flooding when it happened, and all can be
accessed by those travelling without computers or otherwise having no access
to a newsreader.

Old December 9th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I just found this and am not sure if folks here are aware of it yet:

http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Oh I *loathe* these things... where Usenet is made out to be part of an
Internet forum... BAH! There's a cycling one does exactly the same with a
cycling Usenet group, and on it there are postings about the 'forum'... it
isn't a darned 'forum' it's a Usenet newsgroup that's been around years
before the darned 'forum'!!! BAH!!!

Actually, the front page of that site says, right at the top, "This is a web
interface to the popular cat related series of newsgroups."

I did not post this to generate hate or anger; I thought some might find it
useful. But excuse me for offending you.

Old December 9th 05, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I just found this and am not sure if folks here are aware of it yet:

http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Oh I *loathe* these things... where Usenet is made out to be part of
an Internet forum... BAH! There's a cycling one does exactly the
same with a cycling Usenet group, and on it there are postings about
the 'forum'... it isn't a darned 'forum' it's a Usenet newsgroup
that's been around years before the darned 'forum'!!! BAH!!!

Actually, the front page of that site says, right at the top, "This
is a web interface to the popular cat related series of newsgroups."

I did not post this to generate hate or anger; I thought some might
find it useful. But excuse me for offending you.

I don't think you offended anyone, it's just that style of website seems to
be popping up everywhere. As it can't be used for posting, services like
google are probably better for travelers.

Old December 9th 05, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
Well some of them filtered out the flooding when it happened, and all can be

So did news.individual.net

accessed by those travelling without computers or otherwise having no access
to a newsreader.

groups.google.com

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 9th 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

But it *can* be used for posting. So can talkaboutpets.

Old December 9th 05, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian wrote:
Pat wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

It seems almost identical in style to Birdforum, except that Birdforum
doesn't collect posts from Usenet, it's a stand alone thing. Anyone can
view it, but to post you have to be a member. It's free.
I know there is no such thing as "almost identical", it either is or it
isn't ;-) but it's so much the same I wonder if it's being run by the same
people.
Have a look at Birdforum and see if you all agree? Just searching on
Birdforum will take you there.

Tweed

Old December 9th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

When I looked it said I couldn't, maybe it's because I block cookies.