ping catnipped

Old November 3rd 04, 03:34 AM
Bridget

Default ping catnipped

I made that turtle cheesecake recipe you posted a few weeks back. OH
MAN!!! That was absolutely delicious. I modified it a little bit by
double the cheesecake recipe part since I like high cheesecakes, but all
the proportions and carmel and pecans were in there as called for.
Also, I used chocolate graham crackers for the crust in stead of wafers
- whatever those are.

It was determined by the guy I spend much of my time with to be the best
thing I have ever made for him (it was for his b-day) and he likes my
cooking in general anyway. His esteemed opinion was that it was
completely fit for serving in fine restaurants and was the best
cheesecake he had ever eaten - including the cheesecake that is touted
hereabouts as the best to be had.

That recipe had not only good taste, but it presented well and just
looked really good when it was served. I won so many cooking points for
that I can't begin to count them all. Of course, I'm sure it didn't
make any difference that his two favorite deserts are turtle sundaes and
cheesecakes. So combining them was bound to be a hit.

Thank you so much for posting that recipe. I will cherish it always -
least ways as long as I keep him around - which will hopefully be for
always in some form or another.

Bridget
Old November 3rd 04, 02:12 PM
CatNipped

"Bridget" wrote in message
I made that turtle cheesecake recipe you posted a few weeks back. OH
MAN!!! That was absolutely delicious. I modified it a little bit by
double the cheesecake recipe part since I like high cheesecakes, but all
the proportions and carmel and pecans were in there as called for. Also, I
used chocolate graham crackers for the crust in stead of wafers - whatever
those are.

Nabisco Vanilla Wafers - but you're right I usually substitute graham
crackers myself I just forgot to put that in.

It was determined by the guy I spend much of my time with to be the best
thing I have ever made for him (it was for his b-day) and he likes my
cooking in general anyway. His esteemed opinion was that it was
completely fit for serving in fine restaurants and was the best cheesecake
he had ever eaten - including the cheesecake that is touted hereabouts as
the best to be had.

YAY! I'm glad it came out so good for you, I'm not usually known for my
cooking skills (just ask my boss and coworkers! ;).

That recipe had not only good taste, but it presented well and just looked
really good when it was served. I won so many cooking points for that I
can't begin to count them all. Of course, I'm sure it didn't make any
difference that his two favorite deserts are turtle sundaes and
cheesecakes. So combining them was bound to be a hit.

Thank you so much for posting that recipe. I will cherish it always -
least ways as long as I keep him around - which will hopefully be for
always in some form or another.

Bridget

You're very welcome. It's about the richest desert I know of in many senses
of the word. The only thing better is my mom's (and daughter's - this skill
seems to have skipped a generation) homemade candy - chocolate turtles,
heavenly hash, rum balls - mmmmmmmmmmm! I'm going to get their recipes and
post them here before Christmas - which is the only time they make them (if
they made them all year long we'd have been dead years ago from
over-indulgence!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

PING! Catnipped jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 September 29th 04 01:49 PM
Playing Games With Mommy and Daddy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 138 September 26th 04 08:07 PM