Guess I'm still here after all :)

Old April 2nd 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Guess I'm still here after all :)

It's been raining so hard since early this morning there was no way we were
going to be able to load furniture today. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow
so we should be able to pick up the rental truck. The guys will come help
load the furniture. Then they can go on their merry way. (One can only
hope!)

Persia's been so good, given the upheaval in her life, I felt she deserved a
little treat. So she got a dab of milk to drink and some gooshy food. (I
don't feed her gooshy food every day because it's prescription stuff and
it's very expensive.) Naturally (when I can find her) she's getting extra
scritches and hugs and affection. I know she's forgiving me because I'm
getting kitty kisses when we go to bed at night. And lots of purrs

I'm taking a break from my visitors. They're watching TV and I politely
asked them to give me some time to myself. I cooked breakfast this morning,
scrambled eggs with bacon and hash browns. I'm making a big pot of chicken
& dumplings for dinner. That's about as much "entertaining" as I'm up to
today. I'm a solitary person. It disturbs me to have people in the house
24/7, scaring my cat, no less!, for more than a day or two. And they've
been here since last Sunday morning. Yikes!

On a great note, I sold Mom's car. A nice *local* elderly couple came over
this morning, took it for a test drive and bought it on the spot. YAY!!
One less thing to worry about!

Continued purrs for everyone who needs them.

Jill

Old April 2nd 09, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I know the feeling. I wondered about you and the moving stuff when I
saw the morning weather maps. Looked like it extended to you.

Glad the car is gone. I sold my mother's car to someone like that,
and it made me feel good to know that it had gone to a nice owner.
Don't know why it mattered, but it did.

Jo

Old April 2nd 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad you got rid of the car, and that it went to people you liked.

I hope you can get rid of your visitors soon.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 2nd 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

The pack is sending some of those purrs back for you Jill
Still sounds like you need some

Old April 4th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 2, 2:09*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
.. *I sold my mother's car to someone like that,
and it made me feel good to know that it had gone to a nice owner.
Don't know why it mattered, but it did.

My mum was happy when a brother in law took dad;s car (he's a very
nice guy, used to work in the car trade, showed her the book price and
although she said she'd settle for less he wouldn't have it!) she said
it was silly but she was glad it "went to a good home"

I suppose that was typical really- got sentimental over the car but
she wasn't the least bit fond of small animals (or small children for
that matter)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 5th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jill, congrats on the car sale; that's a relief. Sounds like ya'll are
hanging in there - sending purrs to keep things going smoothly so you can
get back to your normal life again soon!
Christine