Lorelei is getting sweeter all of the time....

Old May 4th 11, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
at

Default Lorelei is getting sweeter all of the time....

I think it was about a month ago that I finally lured Lorelei into my
living room, where I tend to spend a lot of my time.

Now, if I spend a lot of time at my computer, as I tend to do, I can
count on a lap buddy 4 or 5 times a day

She is so sweet: she comes up behind me, and taps my arm or shoulder, to
let me know I have to move away from my computer desk, to make room for
her in my lap. She weighs close to 15 pounds, after all.

Even as I type this, she is sitting on my lap.

If I neglect to fulfill her scritch quota for awhile, she gives me a
sweet little meow, to remind me that contractually, the arrangement is
supposed to be that she sits in my lap, and I pet her and scritch her
ears, and also her chin. and the base of her tail. And rub her tummy,
too.

If I am doing a good job, she has both of her eyes closed; if I am only
using one hand, she may have one eye closed.

If I am petting her, she likes to look at me with those pretty blue eyes
of hers.

All cats have such pretty eyes, but I confess I am totally smitten by
Lorelei's beautiful blue eyes.

On Sunday evening, I was watching one of my old B&W movies on videotape.
I have hundreds of them, some more as old as 30 years. I love old movies

I heard Lorelei meow, and she was only a few feet away. She has never,
to my knowledge, strayed more than a foot of two from my computer desk.

But, with some encouragement, she slowly climbed up onto my sofa, and
over to me.

I should mention that my 'sofa' is a double recliner, because my house
is too small for a 'real' couch. And one side of the recliner has never
worked.

Anyways, ever so slowly, Lorelei climbed on top of me, and settled,
first in my lap, and then lying full length on my chest.

There is nothing in the world more wonderful than to have a cat lying on
top of you, while you watch a movie made 75 years ago, with good acting,
and directing, and character development, instead of car chases,
explosions, machine guns, and CGI.

And, Lorelei stayed for the entire movie, close to two hours, until I
was finally forced to get up, and visit the bathroom.

Lorelei has also taken to coming and checking up on me, if I'm there for
more than a minute or two. Not always...but pretty often.

As I move about the house, I often find that after a greater or lesser
period of time, Lorelei comes to check up on me.

It's as if she likes to know where I am....and if she can get some
attention, while she checks on my whereabouts.

My house is tiny: I'm sure she can pretty easily hear

Lorelei left, and came back, while I was typing this.

Which proves that not only am I just about the world's slowest typer
(typing person...?) but that Lorelei really, really loves me.

And, she is quite quickly approaching the almost unattainable high bar
set by my nearly incomparably sweet RB kitty, Kenzie.

It is hard to believe, even for me.

After living here for almost 6 months now, a LOT of this has taken place
in only the last month or so.

I remember the first few weeks Lorelei was here, when she was having
none of me, for the most part, and how upset I was.

Patience truly is a virtue, with very, very rich rewards, indeed.

I think it is safe to say: I believe I chose...wisely.
Old May 4th 11, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

at dot Gandalf wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on your success with Lorelei.
The word you were looking for is typist. You do just fine. MLB
Old May 4th 11, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Tue, 03 May 2011 23:46:53 -0600, MLB wrote:

at dot Gandalf wrote:
[...]

As lot of people have mentioned over time cats do things in their own
time and wil not be rush!! LOL

So glad things are working out for you and her and hopefully you have
many happy years together!!

God bless

Old May 4th 11, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On May 4, 6:31*am, Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com (Gandalf)
wrote:
[...]

Awh, this is a lovely story. I know how you feel, it is such a great
feeling when a little cat - that has no reason to ever trust anyone
again - gives that total trust and adoration that every cat is capable
of. Good for you, and for waiting til she felt she could trust you.
Bess
Old May 4th 11, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Wed, 04 May 2011 05:31:33 GMT, Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com
(Gandalf) wrote:

[...]

We are happi and wish you a happi life, wiff purrs and love.
Cinder, Beauty, Spring
Old May 4th 11, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

I remember the first few weeks Lorelei was here, when she was having
none of me, for the most part, and how upset I was.

Patience truly is a virtue, with very, very rich rewards, indeed.

I think it is safe to say: I believe I chose...wisely.

Concatulations, Lorelei. It sounds like you're getting your human trained
quite nicely.

Amelia
Old May 4th 11, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

I remember the first few weeks Lorelei was here, when she was having
none of me, for the most part, and how upset I was.

Patience truly is a virtue, with very, very rich rewards, indeed.

I think it is safe to say: I believe I chose...wisely.

Concatulations, Lorelei. It sounds like you're getting your human trained
quite nicely.

Amelia

Wee awl ugree wiff Amelia.
Lorelei is very lucky to have you as her hoomin
Wee rr awl happee fur boff uff yew,
Luffs
Mosey, mai bootiful wink, MeOwy, PookyKat, Sqweex n Pipps
Old May 4th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Kyla gently snipped

I love reading about how well Lorelei is doing. Even though I think it's
sad that you only post here. I remember how upset you were when you first
had her. She obviously loves you a great deal. She has great taste.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Hi Judith, nice to see you post here.
How are you?
Yes, Lorelei is very lucky to have Gandalf as her hoomin.
I don't post 'there' any more either. Not for a long time now.
Kyla
Old May 4th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M[_2_]

After living here for almost 6 months now, a LOT of this has taken place
in only the last month or so.

I remember the first few weeks Lorelei was here, when she was having
none of me, for the most part, and how upset I was.

Patience truly is a virtue, with very, very rich rewards, indeed.

I think it is safe to say: I believe I chose...wisely.

Our kitties sure do adjust to living within our structures on their own
time. Sometimes it can seem like they'll never make the adjustment (or
we'll never make the adjustment to them), then all of a sudden - wham.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you two are getting so well
attuned to each other. Lorelei sounds like an absolute delight!

Dan
Old May 5th 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Wed, 04 May 2011 05:31:33 GMT, Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com
(Gandalf)'s nimble, little paws typed:

I remember the first few weeks Lorelei was here, when she was having
none of me, for the most part, and how upset I was.

Patience truly is a virtue, with very, very rich rewards, indeed.

I think it is safe to say: I believe I chose...wisely.

I remember that too, and I really felt for you. But as predicted, she
just took her time getting to know you. And now you have a new little
best friend! Congratulations!

S.D.
--
All my Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

5/4/2011 7:35:49 PM